Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by circular88
Do they ever offer cash upgrades right at check in time? I flew on Swiss a few weeks back and saw a nice sign of upgrades for a reasonable $$!
Nope, 'fraid not. Your airport upgrade options are either qmiles / qcredits (for QRPC members) or a ticket repricing to the higher class of travel at normal rates. QR don't do discounted airport upgrades.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:30 am

Yay! Got the offer today. $920 though (doubling my price) - worth it?

I think yes, especially since I have a 9 hour layover - so I get lounge access,.

Thoughts?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:04 am

circular88 read the e-mail carefully. Is the offer for XXX-DOH only? Is it to your final destination? Is it a one way or a return offer?

You mention, for the first time, that you have a connection. Is it with QR? is it in Y, J or F?

If it is with QR then you will have access to Al Mourjan lounge.

If not with a OW carrier then there is no free lounge access. Not even OW status will help you.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:11 am

Thanks...

The offer is just to DOH, no the ongoing flight. That would've been nice :-|

The following flight is in QR also (economy just like my current ticket).
So sounds like I should be all set (?)

The offer says "access to premium lounge".
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:52 am

circular88 yes you are all set. Relax and enjoy the experience.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by circular88
Thanks...

The offer is just to DOH, no the ongoing flight. That would've been nice :-|

The following flight is in QR also (economy just like my current ticket).
So sounds like I should be all set (?)

The offer says "access to premium lounge".
Hooray!! As remdk says, enjoy your flights ^
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
BKK-DOH upgrade for 10k Baht

I purchased nested tickets, the outer in Y booking code N, the inner in J.
Upgraded segment 2 with miles and Flying upper deck A380 on first segment.
Got a mail offering upgrading BKK-DOH for 10500B (approx 275 euro), found this not expensive and went for it.
Will be able to upgrade outer return segment with new miles...
Don't like the A380 Y upper deck anyway.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Has anyone received upgrade offers for DOH - SYD on A380? Travelling in J, interested to see if the opportunity comes up.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Hi,

I will have my first QA fligth on Oct 28 CPT-DOH-HEL. As an OWE (AY), how would you expect my changes for opup or an offer for a paid upgrade? Any experience on the price for a paid upgrade for CPT-DOH or DOH-HEL? My ticket class is economy L.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:56 am

Ukki welcome to the QR forum.
E-mail upgrade offers, for one sector only, are usually sent 10-14 days before the flight. If you have not received one yet then it would suggest that the J cabin is full. If you use something like Expertflyer or even Expedia you can see the status of seats available in the J cabin. These e-mail offers are usually very poor value.
Op-ups are very rare on QR only occurring when the Y cabin has been oversold and there is room in the J cabin. QR have a system involving Y ticket class and PC/OW status to determine who will be op-upped.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by remdk
Ukki welcome to the QR forum.
E-mail upgrade offers, for one sector only, are usually sent 10-14 days before the flight. If you have not received one yet then it would suggest that the J cabin is full. If you use something like Expertflyer or even Expedia you can see the status of seats available in the J cabin. These e-mail offers are usually very poor value.
Op-ups are very rare on QR only occurring when the Y cabin has been oversold and there is room in the J cabin. QR have a system involving Y ticket class and PC/OW status to determine who will be op-upped.

Thank you remdk for your prompt reply. Waiting for first experiences with QR
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
I personally think that the email upgrades are poor value plus you don't get the extra mileage normally associated with the cabin I tend to search under change flight date and see if any promo fares are available they don't charge change fees just fare difference I managed to upgrade myself at low cost from my previous and forthcoming trip for approximately gbp 1100 round trip unfortunately only works with direct Qatar Airways bookings
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:26 pm

Might not be a great value but I'm hoping to get one. DOH-MIA in economy after a week in Nagpur is going to be brutal.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Offered Y>J for USD 265 on NBO > DOH.

5.5 hour flight but on the old a320 J product.. QR1342

Last edited by vytas315; Nov 19, 2016 at 2:28 am Reason: Add flight details
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Anyone ever got an offer from J to F? if so how much was it?

i have an a380 bkk -> doh in a month where i would love to upgrade to F. Considering using miles but would have to buy roughly 300 USD of miles. If the price is less than 600 USD for an upgr on that segment i would be considering it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.