Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by flashware
Don't suppose anyone has ever taken one of these and credited to BA? If so, does it book into a different bucket and thus earn the upgraded cabin? (whereas for crediting to QR it does not)
I have credited similarly upgraded flights to BAEC and they post at the original/base level for Avios and Tier Points (NOT the upgraded class).
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
A few days before I go on my bi-weekly DOH-DXB commute (which usually costs 880 QAR for the RT), I get an upgrade offer from QR for 1024 QAR. Laughable! No thanks - not worth it, especially when the flight is about 70 minutes long (air time usually 45-50 minutes), and they offer alcohol (beer/wine) when I ask for it.

Wonder if QR will offer such wonderful upgrades now that they have a sale for the same RT of only 530 QAR.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by QRisthebest
I get it every time before I fly
And I'm yet to get it, despite quite a number of BKK-DOH-LHR return. Maybe it's because I'm starting from BKK? But I'm not sure what sense that would make...
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
And I'm yet to get it, despite quite a number of BKK-DOH-LHR return. Maybe it's because I'm starting from BKK? But I'm not sure what sense that would make...
Do you book through a travel agent normally? I've only ever had an upgrade offer by email once when I booked direct with QR - never had it on a TA booking.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Originally Posted by flashware
Don't suppose anyone has ever taken one of these and credited to BA? If so, does it book into a different bucket and thus earn the upgraded cabin? (whereas for crediting to QR it does not)
I recently flew KUL-DOH-DXB in Business. About a week out from departure I received an email offer from Qatar to upgrade the DOH-DXB sector to First. I accepted the offer and paid the upgrade fee. My ticket was reissued and the DOH-DXB was confirmed as First (A). It credited to my BAEC account as First, with the full First Avios and TPs crediting.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by inasmuchas
I recently flew KUL-DOH-DXB in Business. About a week out from departure I received an email offer from Qatar to upgrade the DOH-DXB sector to First. I accepted the offer and paid the upgrade fee. My ticket was reissued and the DOH-DXB was confirmed as First (A). It credited to my BAEC account as First, with the full First Avios and TPs crediting.
Just upgraded a flight on QR (economy to business), booking class now I (discounted Business).. wondering if it will credit as such
Any experiences?
I wouldn't expect the points/miles like an I-fare, but your report about First Avios got my hopes up..
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by inasmuchas
So you do it just for the TPs and miles?

Or did you take an A346 on DOH-DXB
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I got an UG offer for DOH-MEL for €1210. (No thanks.)
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:50 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by zehbra
Any experiences?
I wouldn't expect the points/miles like an I-fare, but your report about First Avios got my hopes up..
To answer my own question: Points credit as per original booking class (like any other airline. sadly )
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:41 pm

I've gotten the offer for my last two RTs DFW-DOH-RGN/return and DFW-DOH-SIN/BKK-DOH-DFW.
Took them up on the offer for BKK-DOH-DFW, received an email with confirmation saying 'e-tickets will be re-issued in less than 24 hours'- no re-issused e-ticket to be found 48 hours+ later-- did this happen to anyone else?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
When you get email offers like that it is always worth calling qr and asking over the phone for the upgrade price. Often believe it or not it is cheaper than the email offer and you get the miles as well!
Last year I booked DXB-DOH-DPS in Y and received an email offer for upgrading the doh-dps leg for AED3000. I called the ticket office and paid AED2500 to upgrade both legs and of course got the miles too.
The thing to bear in mind is that the online offers and upgrade fees are not linked and that you a different price over the phone.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:02 am

FoggyBridges I think you will find that your e-ticket has been re-issued. QR have not sent you a printed copy of it is what has happened. Remember that an e-ticket is just a series of 'pulses' in cyberspace. It is those 'pulses that govern what you get not some printed copy which may be out of date. If you want a printed copy you need to do so yourself using 'Manage Booking' on the QR website. The only thing you may need is the 6 character PNR. For several years now I have not even needed the PNR, my passport has been sufficient.

Did QR promise to e-mail the new e-ticket to you or just to re-issue it?

3 postings in as many hours is cross posting which is not permitted on Flyertalk.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by FoggyBridges
I've gotten the offer for my last two RTs DFW-DOH-RGN/return and DFW-DOH-SIN/BKK-DOH-DFW.
Took them up on the offer for BKK-DOH-DFW, received an email with confirmation saying 'e-tickets will be re-issued in less than 24 hours'- no re-issused e-ticket to be found 48 hours+ later-- did this happen to anyone else?
is it just me or I see you asking the same question in multiple threads?

Anyway, I've upgraded before and no new eticket was ever sent to me, at the airport I was issued my boarding pass in J, sat through the entire flight in J, so I shouldn't think that there is a problem You can print out the eticket in MMB as well ^^^
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by remdk
FoggyBridges I think you will find that your e-ticket has been re-issued. QR have not sent you a printed copy of it is what has happened. Remember that an e-ticket is just a series of 'pulses' in cyberspace. It is those 'pulses that govern what you get not some printed copy which may be out of date. If you want a printed copy you need to do so yourself using 'Manage Booking' on the QR website. The only thing you may need is the 6 character PNR. For several years now I have not even needed the PNR, my passport has been sufficient.

Did QR promise to e-mail the new e-ticket to you or just to re-issue it?

3 postings in as many hours is cross posting which is not permitted on Flyertalk.
E-ticket was there prior to upgrade, now it it gone under MMB. And yes, QR promised to email the new e-ticket- but that has not happened.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Blue
Really regretting booking through a TA now, as I'm unlikely to get these offers. Fingers crossed for a decent AUP for LHR-DOH in August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.