schedule change without notification

Old Jan 2, 15, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
schedule change without notification

So my husband and I are booked on Qatar in business class DFW-DOH-CPT in May as we are going on safari. Reservations were made several months ago, and I am well aware and familiar with airlines making schedule changes all the time.
Qatar changed us from a flight with a 10 hour connection in Doha to a 2 day connection in Doha without notifying us. They had our email as they had emailed the original reservation confirmation to me.

I am wondering when we would have found out had I not been proactive in checking our reservations. Apparently they discontinued the direct flight from Doha to Capetown on the day when we are travelling.
I was able to get us rebooked on another flight with a shorter connection than what we originally had, which is fine with me. A good lesson learned to check and recheck reservatons.
Old Jan 2, 15, 6:12 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
This schedule change thing happened to me a lot of times with QR. Not even an email notification that would have costed them nothing...
Old Jan 3, 15, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Welcome to the world of Qatar - I have also been caught with their scheduled changes and absolutely no notification. Unfortunately as many have reported here, Qatar are great in the air, but anything to do with them outside of in-flight and they are anything but 5*****
Old Jan 5, 15, 7:24 am

Programs: OWS
RachelG, you have my sympathies. This type of (lack of) customer service is ridiculous.

If you have an iPhone, you may want to consider purchasing the 'My Flights' app that actively monitors all major distribution systems for any changes in reservations and emails you if there's any change.
Old Jan 6, 15, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by peterdudas View Post
RachelG, you have my sympathies. This type of (lack of) customer service is ridiculous.

If you have an iPhone, you may want to consider purchasing the 'My Flights' app that actively monitors all major distribution systems for any changes in reservations and emails you if there's any change.
Thanks for the advice. Will do so.

One of my friends just raves about how wonderful Qatar is in business class, but we (Qatar and I) are not getting off to a good start.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: