Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

DOH-LHR A380 Upper deck Economy Seat Selection for PC members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite

Anyone have experience in selecting upper deck economy seats on the DOH-LHR A380 QR003 flights as PC members (promotion listed in emails/website as exclusively for Silver/Gold/Platinum members)? Seat assigned to me by the system is 28J, but not sure if it's upper deck? (No seat maps available on Seat Guru yet)..
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:00 am

28J is an upper deck aisle seat

Qatar Source Seat Map
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
ooh, thanks Skoodledoo, finally a pretty seatmap.

I've booked 26A on my outbound seat in a couple weeks, and 46G on the way back, to see how the cabins compare. Of course, the upper deck looks like it should hopefully be very nice, with the window storage, less people (probably no babies), and a higher ratio of toilets per person...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: LH Senator, bmi, VS Flying Club Silver, BA Exec Club, Amex Centurion
Upper deck economy is obviously nicer than downstairs; much quieter and calmer.

However the overall experience was somewhat marred by chaotic disembarkation in Doha- we were sent down the back stairs and then back up after an interminable wait.

If you sit in upper deck economy then you will be the very last people off the plane.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
So is the upper deck Y strictly for status holders? I just booked a flight for me and the Mrs. It only lets me select seats for myself and not my wife.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Weird. I just checked in online for my flight and I have now been assigned a lower deck seat with no ability to change within the online check in system. My ticket indicates 28J, upper deck, which I got done through the local Qatar Airways office. Do you think this assignment will be honored? My boarding pass (from the online check in says 56H). I can try having it changed at bag drop at the airport citing PC status?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by ashbjr
My boarding pass (from the online check in says 56H). I can try having it changed at bag drop at the airport citing PC status?
Definitely try! I've had it happen on numerous occasions that the seat reserved on the booking was automatically changed at check in - without informing me. Usually it was no problem changing it back, or the new assignment was alright too (but once i was kindly notified that all window seats were taken. So much for status recognition :=)
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Not sure how, but I managed to grab a couple of upper deck economy seats myself. I did a face-to-face booking with a QR agent and was asked if I wanted to select my seats right after my booking (which I did) and could even amend them online a couple of times.

I don't have status with either QR or BA, but I'm with both airlines' FF programs. I used to get Qmiles and have status at some point, but now I'm crediting everything to BA... But regardless, the agent didn't know any of this - I added my FF number after the booking, so I can't see how certain seats can get blocked off at any stage..
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: TK elite & BA Gold
Does anybody know if the upperdeck-economy-seats are avialable during online-checkin for everybody?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by foxyankee
Does anybody know if the upperdeck-economy-seats are avialable during online-checkin for everybody?
As far as I know, no. Unless you've got status with OW, you'll only see the lower deck.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Has anyone checked in online and then tried to change to the upper deck economy seats once at the airport? Just curious.
Old May 23, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Just flown A380 from DOH-BKK on the upper deck, fantastic experience, almost totally unoccupied cabin, though I would need to echo the post above - we were the very last people off the plane. Which, with a 90 minute connection, resulted in zero lounge time at DOH.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Upper deck disembarkation

I traveled on QR4 on June 27th LHR-DOH

and QR831/QR1 on July 10th all on these on the upper deck and disembarkation was immediately after First/business and not back down the stairs as other members have reported so perhaps they changed their policy regarding this

All I can say it was a fine experience quiet half empty and service was like business class
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I just booked a Y return trip ex BKK today for late November travel and noticed I was assigned window seats on the upper deck, 26A and 26K.

No other seats assigned sofar.
I guess they will remain reserved for PC status holders.

Earlier this year I flew Y lower deck once (no status) and was lucky to have 3 seats for myself. Probably will change seat assignment to a middle seat hoping to have all 4 free ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.