Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Will I get Krug on board my QR flight?

In F, on the A380, Krug is served freely. If not, then No

Will I get Krug in the A380 On-Board Lounge?

Maybe; was unavailable for a while, last positive sighting 8th Apr 16

Will I get Krug in Al Mourjan?

No

Will I get Krug in Al Safwa?

No

Will I get Krug at LHR T4 lounge?

No
Print Wikipost

The Great Krug Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Krug has been available over the last week on multiple visits to the AM lounge, will check onboard a A380 next week.

Also, the Mosaique bubbles served in J onboard across the whole fleet, still taste like... Mosaique.

One crew said he was sure that they just wanted to get rid of inventory after they stopped serving it in the back of the bus, and better swill would be available soon. As with all onboard rumours, to be taken with a bucket of salt.

-A
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
One crew said he was sure that they just wanted to get rid of inventory after they stopped serving it in the back of the bus, and better swill would be available soon. As with all onboard rumours, to be taken with a bucket of salt.
Fingers crossed!

Although the Drappier ros champagne was never served in Y, so much have been a deliberate purchase for J - and that was also a definite downgrade
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Datapoint . krug available last night on request in al mourjan . lovely with the butter chicken!
Yep, the bottle is kept out of sight, but when you ask it comes out quickly and your glass is refilled.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, *Gold, Skyteam E+

Last edited by LAXR202W; Feb 3, 2016 at 3:10 pm
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Krug was available on LHR-DOH flight on the 11th Dec on the onboard bar! I walked in, sat down and asked for a glass, and was immediately served
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:48 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I believe we have it as fact, that Krug is freely available at the On-Board bar on the A380.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: QR Plat
Krug is stil available in the bar in the AM lounge in DOH. If you order "champagne" you get the Billecart (still highly drinkable plonk) and if you ask for the Krug you get the Krug.

Also, if you are me, and walk in, the bartender remember my repeated visits over the last few weeks and just starts pouring the Krug...

Another datapoint is that a crew on a recent segment: there will be a major, mind expanding refurningshing of the business product in early january. Or as I then interpret it: look for a minor refresh, the person did indicate that the miserable champagne in J is going away.

-A
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I believe we have it as fact, that Krug is freely available at the On-Board bar on the A380.
Indeed!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Krug is gone from F on my BKK-DOH flight a few days ago.
It has been replaced by (still a good) Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs.

The Krug is however, now in the lounge. As I was the only pax in F, and upon knowing I prefer the Krug, a private bottle was promptly brought into First for me
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:36 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by freddo
Krug is gone from F on my BKK-DOH flight a few days ago.
It has been replaced by (still a good) Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs.

The Krug is however, now in the lounge. As I was the only pax in F, and upon knowing I prefer the Krug, a private bottle was promptly brought into First for me
As has been stated before, Krug has been removed from all classes on QR, including Long-Haul F.

It is still available at the bar on the A380 for F and J passengers.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
As has been stated before, Krug has been removed from all classes on QR, including Long-Haul F.

It is still available at the bar on the A380 for F and J passengers.
Ah, is that true? Didn't see that in other posts but great to know!
Fantastic news that the Krug is re-established in the A380 lounge for all premium pax.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by freddo
Ah, is that true?
Is indeed. We got through ~3 bottles yesterday. If you squint carefully you can see the distinctive bottle shape on the right: https://www.instagram.com/p/_9nDk5I1cV/

The stewardess said they also serve it in F, but it wasn't on the F wine list, and I could be bothered to ask.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Krug has been available over the last week on multiple visits to the AM lounge, will check onboard a A380 next week.

Also, the Mosaique bubbles served in J onboard across the whole fleet, still taste like... Mosaique.

-A
I am surprised there hasn't been more of a fuss from the blogging set about the downgrade to Mosaique in J; I cannot think of another case where a former Y wine has ended up in J on the same airline.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by FormalHall
I am surprised there hasn't been more of a fuss from the blogging set about the downgrade to Mosaique in J; I cannot think of another case where a former Y wine has ended up in J on the same airline.
Did it replace the Lanson? I was sad when they ditched the Taittinger Rose in J but the Drappier Rose that replaced it seemed quite drinkable on a recent OSL-DOH flight.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by FormalHall
Good point indeed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.