Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Will I get Krug on board my QR flight?

In F, on the A380, Krug is served freely. If not, then No

Will I get Krug in the A380 On-Board Lounge?

Maybe; was unavailable for a while, last positive sighting 8th Apr 16

Will I get Krug in Al Mourjan?

No

Will I get Krug in Al Safwa?

No

Will I get Krug at LHR T4 lounge?

No
Print Wikipost

The Great Krug Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by loimu
I was flying DOH-BKK in C on the last week. Two F passengers were having some Krug in the A380 lounge. At some point when those two passengers had left and when the bar attendant asked me if I wanted to have another a drink, I said (in a polite way as if I wanted to make the flight attendant's life easeier): "I saw you had a bottle of champagne open, could I have a taste of that, please." I was standing at the bar and while chatting with other passengers, I saw the attendant pour for me everything what was remaining in that bottle but as this was only enough to fill 1/4 of the glass, I unfortunately saw her open a bottle of Lanson and filling the rest of the glass from that bottle. Needless to say, I would have happily drank what was left in the Krug bottle instead of getting a full glass of a mix.
Can't be serious
This situation wasn't probably at training
​​​​​​
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Yeah, it must have been a tricky situation for the FA as well as she probably wasn't authorised to open a new bottle and she would have been embarrassed to offer me a less-than half-full glass of champagne. She also may have thought I wasn't looking because she had her back turned towards our side of the bar while pouring and I had an active discussion going on with other passengers at the bar. But I'm of course capable of simultaneously monitoring a glass of champagne being filled and having a discussion.
MDFFlyer and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Too bad. Not a fan of the Lanson, at all.

Last edited by SullyofDoha; Mar 22, 2018 at 2:21 am
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Too bad. Not a fan of the Lanson, at all.
I like your judgement and have become a fan of your writing on various website other than FT as well!
^
On topic - Lanson NV is only an acceptable Champagne by US airline standards and does not even touch on what EK, BR, SQ, NH, JL offer and I could go on....

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 22, 2018 at 5:44 am Reason: Conform to corrected typo in quoted text
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:02 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by loimu
I was flying DOH-BKK in C on the last week. Two F passengers were having some Krug in the A380 lounge. At some point when those two passengers had left and when the bar attendant asked me if I wanted to have another a drink, I said (in a polite way as if I wanted to make the flight attendant's life easeier): "I saw you had a bottle of champagne open, could I have a taste of that, please." I was standing at the bar and while chatting with other passengers, I saw the attendant pour for me everything what was remaining in that bottle but as this was only enough to fill 1/4 of the glass, I unfortunately saw her open a bottle of Lanson and filling the rest of the glass from that bottle. Needless to say, I would have happily drank what was left in the Krug bottle instead of getting a full glass of a mix.
If you were on QR836 on 16 March (0230 Departure), I can confirm that the 2 gents that enjoyed Krug at the bar were J passengers. So it can occasionally be had even if in J. We were in J and had already got our G&Ts so didn't feel the need to be fussy and ask for Krug. We did ask on the return flight but were told it was 'out of stock'. Rare win for BA where I was served LPGS in premium economy.
loimu likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Jed

If you were on QR836 on 16 March (0230 Departure), I can confirm that the 2 gents that enjoyed Krug at the bar were J passengers. So it can occasionally be had even if in J. We were in J and had already got our G&Ts so didn't feel the need to be fussy and ask for Krug. We did ask on the return flight but were told it was 'out of stock'. Rare win for BA where I was served LPGS in premium economy.
I will ask for Krug on QR833 on 3rd April - let´s see if I will be successfully - but somehow I doubt it...
synd likes this.

Last edited by Traveller999; Mar 23, 2018 at 5:26 am
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by Jed
If you were on QR836 on 16 March (0230 Departure),
I was.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
QR833, BKK - DOH, 03.04.2018
ONLY 1 bottle of Krug for 5 passengers in First.
As per flight attendant, normally 3 bottles are prepared, but the previous crew did serve too
much....
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
QR833, BKK - DOH, 03.04.2018
ONLY 1 bottle of Krug for 5 passengers in First.
As per flight attendant, normally 3 bottles are prepared, but the previous crew did serve too
much....
if i am in the happy situation to fly first with QR i finish 1 krug during flight alone. If the other passenger do the same and first is full or nearly full even 3 bottel are far away from enoug for one leg. QR is little bit 'cheap charlie' regarding krug. They should prepare 5 bottle for one leg no matter how full first is.

the last time in first when i got op up to first from doha-bkk, first was full because of complete overbooked business and with some arab woman.
lucky me, they not drink so krug never finished at this flight for me. So it depends also on the kind of passenger.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Again, put 2-3 cases of f*cking Krug in the cargo hold! They never run out and can restock in DOH.
"preparing 3bottles"? What are they doing with it? Its not kobe beef they have to touch gently, caress the bottle, kiss it and put a little umbrella in my glas.....
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:51 pm

It's purely down to the selfishness of the outbound crew who would rather serve the return flight's allocation and put their inbound colleagues in an extremely awkward situation rather than tell their outbound passengers there is no more champagne.

They really need to crack down on this. I've heard of Australian inbound flights which depart with only a couple of bottles in J.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Crisu69
if i am in the happy situation to fly first with QR i finish 1 krug during flight alone. If the other passenger do the same and first is full or nearly full even 3 bottel are far away from enoug for one leg. QR is little bit 'cheap charlie' regarding krug. They should prepare 5 bottle for one leg no matter how full first is.
Sorry, but your suggestion of five bottles has no basis in reality, given the first part of your post. If passengers are drinking full bottles, wouldn't you need eight? Why five?

Originally Posted by Crisu69
the last time in first when i got op up to first from doha-bkk, first was full because of complete overbooked business and with some arab woman.
lucky me, they not drink so krug never finished at this flight for me. So it depends also on the kind of passenger.
It depends on how many passengers drink alcohol, not their ethnicity. Plenty of Muslims drink outside of their home countries.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:33 pm

This is a good tip for the Krug-thirsty. Better to fly F ex-DOH for the Al Safwa experience + higher probability of well-stocked Krug in flight.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Whilst flying from DOH to CDG in J, I asked for Champagne from FC whilst in the lounge, it was declined at first. However couple of hours later, CSM approach me with a glass of Krug There was only one pax in FC and they were not drinking, so they opened it for me. Very grateful to the CSM.

Note : I believe there were catering issues at CDG back in March, hence QR flew all the food/drink from DOH for the return leg. This has now been resolved.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Fontana
Whilst flying from DOH to CDG in J, I asked for Champagne from FC whilst in the lounge, it was declined at first. However couple of hours later, CSM approach me with a glass of Krug There was only one pax in FC and they were not drinking, so they opened it for me. Very grateful to the CSM.

Note : I believe there were catering issues at CDG back in March, hence QR flew all the food/drink from DOH for the return leg. This has now been resolved.
Definitely had also been fixed by the end of March as food on my last ex-CDG had clearly been catered from CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.