Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Issues with payment for the transit hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat

Has anyone else found it problematic that the transit hotel will ask people to scan both sides of the credit card and send to the hotel in plain email to complete a reservation?

For most banks this would be considered so bad that should this information be misused by anyone the full burden would fall on the cardholder to cover any lost funds.

Worried.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
If that is needed, I cover the CVV and the middle numbers or paint them over on computer.

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Has anyone else found it problematic that the transit hotel will ask people to scan both sides of the credit card and send to the hotel in plain email to complete a reservation?

For most banks this would be considered so bad that should this information be misused by anyone the full burden would fall on the cardholder to cover any lost funds.

Worried.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by ph-ndr

Worried.
Not just the transit hotel! This was also requested when i tried to change QR a flight from china, and had to pay a change-fee. Very bad indeed.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, CCR, Star Alliance Gold
For the transit hotel I find it easiest just to phone them with the credit card details
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by SurbitonFlyer
For the transit hotel I find it easiest just to phone them with the credit card details
Me too. I haven't had any kind of payment problem with the hotel.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by SurbitonFlyer
Phoning it in is fine, but their email actually doesn't mention it as an option. It only mentiones "give us both sides of the card, in full view". Even the email reply that phoning it in was OK included the text about full picture of both sides.

-A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.