Future A380 routes?

Old Oct 21, 14, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom View Post

380 will almost surely operate to BKK.
Commencing 05JAN15.
Old Nov 15, 14, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Any ideas when LHR will get the second A380? I read elsewhere they were getting one end of the year but then that was moved to CDG?
Old Nov 15, 14, 7:59 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Accor Silver, BA
Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
Any ideas when LHR will get the second A380? I read elsewhere they were getting one end of the year but then that was moved to CDG?
Well if yesterday's loading is anything to go by, then not for a while. I was fortunate enough to travel on the inaugural flight of Qatar's second A380 (A7-APB) yesterday to Doha (their first one is being used on Paris for the next week) and the aircraft was probably not more than 40% full. The upper deck economy must have had less than 20 people in... It did feel like a bit of a waste of fuel! Amusingly, not only was it the aircraft's first return flight, but it was also my first time on the A380. And I was really sad that we had to land in doha... I just wanted to keep going all the way to Bangkok on the same plane. The A380 feels like a flying hotel.
I will try and post a trip report of the flight soon
Old Nov 16, 14, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by InternationalLiving View Post
Well if yesterday's loading is anything to go by, then not for a while. I was fortunate enough to travel on the inaugural flight of Qatar's second A380 (A7-APB) yesterday to Doha (their first one is being used on Paris for the next week) and the aircraft was probably not more than 40% full. The upper deck economy must have had less than 20 people in... It did feel like a bit of a waste of fuel! Amusingly, not only was it the aircraft's first return flight, but it was also my first time on the A380. And I was really sad that we had to land in doha... I just wanted to keep going all the way to Bangkok on the same plane. The A380 feels like a flying hotel.
I will try and post a trip report of the flight soon
Rally eager to try it. I hope QR1 gets changed to a A380 as per their original plans.
Old Nov 16, 14, 7:21 am

I'm on QR3 tomorrow, which is supposed to be one of the 380s. Looking at the pattern on Flightradar it's most likely going to be A7-APA.
As I need to get up stupidly early to get it I expect I'll spend much of the journey asleep.
Old Nov 18, 14, 10:19 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by VH-RMD View Post
I do recall a statement about Sydney, but I can't find it now....
That would be a new one... I don't think QR flies to Sydney... Melbourne yes but given the new QF/Emirates Tie-in and in spite of the common OW QF/QR membership, the Australian authorities are not too welcoming of QR.
Old Nov 20, 14, 3:48 pm

Future A380 routes?

For what I've gathered I'd say JFK will first see a QR A350 than the A380.
Old Nov 20, 14, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MP, SW Companion Pass, National ES
I've got a DOH-JFK in March so I'd love to see the 380 on that route as I haven't flown in one either, but I'd take the 350 as well for the experience. I'll keep looking back here to see what ya'll discover.
Old Nov 21, 14, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by N1Rotate View Post
Service to SYD is a moot point. The Air Service Agreement between Australia and Qatar only allows QR to serve two of the following (SYD, MEL, BNE, PER).
Indeed, but Air Services Agreements are not set in stone, and the current agreement is unlikely to remain unaltered for the rest of eternity. You can be sure that moves will be made to increase Qatar's access in the future.
Old Nov 22, 14, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Indeed, but Air Services Agreements are not set in stone, and the current agreement is unlikely to remain unaltered for the rest of eternity. You can be sure that moves will be made to increase Qatar's access in the future.
Indeed, and as QF is giving up ground by the day on its international network, Australia will likely become far more willing to increase competition in coming years...
Old Nov 25, 14, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
You can be sure that moves will be made to increase Qatar's access in the future.
I don't think it makes sense for QR to deploy too much capacity to Australia because EK and EY already have the market stitched up.
Old Nov 27, 14, 6:29 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
A large number of Korean staff serving on my flight to doh on the 380 this week. Getting these folks ready for a possible ICN route.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: