FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Future A380 routes? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1619966-future-a380-routes.html)

Phil the Flyer Oct 21, 2014 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 23670029)

380 will almost surely operate to BKK.

Commencing 05JAN15.

onlysuites Nov 15, 2014 11:56 am

Any ideas when LHR will get the second A380? I read elsewhere they were getting one end of the year but then that was moved to CDG?

InternationalLiving Nov 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 23846494)
Any ideas when LHR will get the second A380? I read elsewhere they were getting one end of the year but then that was moved to CDG?

Well if yesterday's loading is anything to go by, then not for a while. I was fortunate enough to travel on the inaugural flight of Qatar's second A380 (A7-APB) yesterday to Doha (their first one is being used on Paris for the next week) and the aircraft was probably not more than 40% full. The upper deck economy must have had less than 20 people in... It did feel like a bit of a waste of fuel! Amusingly, not only was it the aircraft's first return flight, but it was also my first time on the A380. And I was really sad that we had to land in doha... I just wanted to keep going all the way to Bangkok on the same plane. The A380 feels like a flying hotel.
I will try and post a trip report of the flight soon :)

onlysuites Nov 16, 2014 5:18 am

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving (Post 23848100)
Well if yesterday's loading is anything to go by, then not for a while. I was fortunate enough to travel on the inaugural flight of Qatar's second A380 (A7-APB) yesterday to Doha (their first one is being used on Paris for the next week) and the aircraft was probably not more than 40% full. The upper deck economy must have had less than 20 people in... It did feel like a bit of a waste of fuel! Amusingly, not only was it the aircraft's first return flight, but it was also my first time on the A380. And I was really sad that we had to land in doha... I just wanted to keep going all the way to Bangkok on the same plane. The A380 feels like a flying hotel.
I will try and post a trip report of the flight soon :)

Rally eager to try it. I hope QR1 gets changed to a A380 as per their original plans.

ppp909 Nov 16, 2014 7:21 am

I'm on QR3 tomorrow, which is supposed to be one of the 380s. Looking at the pattern on Flightradar it's most likely going to be A7-APA.
As I need to get up stupidly early to get it I expect I'll spend much of the journey asleep.

Cofyknsult Nov 18, 2014 10:19 am

Originally Posted by VH-RMD (Post 23665048)
I do recall a statement about Sydney, but I can't find it now....

That would be a new one... I don't think QR flies to Sydney... Melbourne yes but given the new QF/Emirates Tie-in and in spite of the common OW QF/QR membership, the Australian authorities are not too welcoming of QR.

Viajero Millero Nov 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Future A380 routes?

For what I've gathered I'd say JFK will first see a QR A350 than the A380.

g8rben Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm

I've got a DOH-JFK in March so I'd love to see the 380 on that route as I haven't flown in one either, but I'd take the 350 as well for the experience. I'll keep looking back here to see what ya'll discover.

irishguy28 Nov 21, 2014 6:46 am

Originally Posted by N1Rotate (Post 23675438)
Service to SYD is a moot point. The Air Service Agreement between Australia and Qatar only allows QR to serve two of the following (SYD, MEL, BNE, PER).

Indeed, but Air Services Agreements are not set in stone, and the current agreement is unlikely to remain unaltered for the rest of eternity. You can be sure that moves will be made to increase Qatar's access in the future.

orbitmic Nov 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 23876079)
Indeed, but Air Services Agreements are not set in stone, and the current agreement is unlikely to remain unaltered for the rest of eternity. You can be sure that moves will be made to increase Qatar's access in the future.

Indeed, and as QF is giving up ground by the day on its international network, Australia will likely become far more willing to increase competition in coming years...

Sixth Freedom Nov 25, 2014 6:38 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 23876079)
You can be sure that moves will be made to increase Qatar's access in the future.

I don't think it makes sense for QR to deploy too much capacity to Australia because EK and EY already have the market stitched up.

BugAlugs Nov 27, 2014 6:29 am

A large number of Korean staff serving on my flight to doh on the 380 this week. Getting these folks ready for a possible ICN route.