Wrong passport number in my booking

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Eurobonus, QR Privillege Club, BA Executive Club, LHW Leaders Club
Wrong passport number in my booking

Dear friends,

This is the deal:

Flying Arn-Doh-Del-Maa-Doh-Arn in J in November.

When I completed my booking online at qatars webpage I already had my personal details, including my passport number, filed in my privilige club profile. Hence, these details were added to my booking.

However, I just recieved a new passport with a new passport number because my old one was about to expire.

So now an obsolete passport number is stuck to my booking and I can not change this on my Privilige Club page nor under "My booking"

Will this cause any trouble for me? Can I do anything to alleviate the issue before leaving for the airport?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: QR Gold
I always post the wrong passport number and expiration date, since I do not usually have the passport handy when doing the booking. Chances are, its not a problem--but when you are check-ing in online, you can change the passport number there as well.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:17 pm

I have dual nationality British and Australian. I can only put in details for one obviously. When I check in I just change it as required.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Bring along the old and new passport with you when you travel. Should not be any issues.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:04 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Something similar happed to me on a recent QR flight. My company submitted my 'other ' passport number when they booked the flight through their Corporate Travel Agent. No amount of trying to change it in MMB worked.

When it comes to online check in, you should have the ability to change the passport to the one that you are travelling with.

Happy & Safe travels

S
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Eurobonus, QR Privillege Club, BA Executive Club, LHW Leaders Club
Thanks everybody for the comforting answers.
Since my old passport was maculated when I picked up my new one (Lots of fraudulent old passports for sale in Sweden for some reason ) I'll change the booking passport number at check in.

Best wishes,
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:47 pm
Suspended

I had the same "problem" recently - easy resolution was to do OLCI, then cancel it, then re-do it. When you re-do it, it gives you the option to reenter your passport details

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.