QR 828 Boeing 77W Business Class Seat?

Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP 5MM, DL Lifetime Medallion 2.3MM
QR 828 Boeing 77W Business Class Seat?

I'm traveling on a DONE4 Round the World fare going through Doha (DOH) and on to Bangkok on QR 828. I have not flown on Qatar before since they have only recently(or so) joined One World. Can anyone tell me about the seating. I'm in Business on a 77W aircraft. Any info or experience with good seating would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:05 pm

Hello
The seating configuration on-board Qatar airways Boeing 777-3DZ/ER is a 2-2-2 configuration and and each seat can recline to become a 180-degree flat bed , the pitch is 78 inches.
This is a picture of the business class: http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../9/1494924.jpg

The following is a trip report (I apologize that it is in french) that can give you more of an idea about Qatar airways business class on-board the Boeing 777-3DZ/ER : http://flight-report.com/en/report-7189.html

I wish you a pleasant flight.

Last edited by crusing777; Aug 25, 2014 at 5:13 pm
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
If traveling solo, I prefer the center section of seats as either seat is an aisle seat and not needing to worry about a neighbor. the seats on either side, they look as if you have to climb over the person on the aisle to get out, or get crawled over if you are the ailsle person.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Also if it's a night flight avoid row 1, the curtains from the galley will be angled away from the wall some (usual AoA at level cruise is 3-5 degree), wich leaks a lot of light.

Best seats for night flight is 3E/F or 4E/F.

-A
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by tomnativenewyorker

If traveling solo, I prefer the center section of seats as either seat is an aisle seat and not needing to worry about a neighbor. the seats on either side, they look as if you have to climb over the person on the aisle to get out, or get crawled over if you are the ailsle person.
I heartily endorse that sentiment. Travelling by myself I always go for E/F seats; travelling with Mrs PtF we go for a window and an aisle seat pair. Just a personal opinion - but I currently go out of my way to fly on QR's 773s, in preference to their 330s and/or 340s: better seats and better IFE.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP 5MM, DL Lifetime Medallion 2.3MM
Thanks, all. This is great info.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Check out my QR 777 trip reports:

DOH<>SIN
DOH-JFK/IAH-DOH
DOH-JFK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.