Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calculating QPoints?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold | OZ Gold | BD RIP // BA Silver | QR Silver // AF Ivory | KE Skypass
Calculating QPoints?

Is anyone aware of exactly how QPoints are calculated? A table or something would be really useful for planning trips sometimes (as to choose more lucrative routings) - something like this BA chart for tier points.

It seems to be a zone based system (rather than distance) from what I can tell? And then earning on partners seems to be completely different (esp. LAN and Qantas)???

If anybody could enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:46 pm

Qmiles website. Qpoints calculator
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: QR Plat, TK *Gold, SV Silver, HH Diamond
I agree that this one-shot approach to calculating Qpoints is annoying. It's hard to get a “feel” for anything without deciding on an exact itinerary. And then it doesn't make much logical sense. Miles and multipliers was so much better, as still used on *A.

Has anyone tried to decipher the thresholds?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: QF, EK, VA, Hyatt
A friend recently flew QR J DOH-EDI and received 16,000+ Qmiles when the calculator said it would be 4,308.

He also received different amounts of Qmiles for DOH-MEL against MEL-DOH.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:07 pm

There must have been an offer on for the first segment for the commencement of flights to Edinburgh.

As for the different amounts from DOH-MEL and MEL-DOH, it would dependent on what fare class it was booked in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.