Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N1Rotate
Please note this information is correct as of October 2023 and is the most up-to-date info in the thread.

All have AVOD unless otherwise stated.
For up to date seatmaps, please see https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/fleet.html
Links to the AeroLOPA seats are appended to each aircraft type listed below

Long haul configurations:

Airbus A380-800
A trip report on the A380-800 can be found here as well as here.
388: has F, horizontal J (B/E Super Diamond seat in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi | AeroLOPA seat map

Airbus A350-1000
351: horizontal J (QSuites) 46J configuration | WiFi | A7-ANA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T | 46J 281Y AeroLOPA seat map
351: horizontal J (QSuites) 24J configuration | WiFi | A7-AOA,B,C

Airbus A350-900
A trip report on the A350-900 can be found here.
359: horizontal J (B/E Super Diamond seat in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi | A7-ALA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X | AeroLOPA seat map
359: horizontal J (QSuites) | WiFi (same code on QR cargo, able to distinguish via seat maps) | A7-ALY,Z and AME,F,G,H,I,J,K,L | AeroLOPA seat map
Awaiting return to service: A7-ALA,C,E,F,L

Boeing 787-8
A trip report in J on the Boeing 787-8 can be found here.
788: horizontal J (B/E Super Diamond seat in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi | AeroLOPA seat map

Boeing 787-9
789: Enclosed Suite in J (Adient Ascent seat in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi | AeroLOPA seat map

Boeing 777
Information on the J seating on the Boeing 777-300 can be found here.
77I (777-300ER v1): horizontal J (B/E MiniPod seat in 2-2-2 config) | WiFi| 42J 316Y (10 across Y) | A7-BAA,B,H,J,K,L,N,Q | AeroLOPA seat map
77N (777-300ER v2): horizontal J (B/E MiniPod seat in 2-2-2 config) | WiFi| 24J 388Y (10 across Y) | A7-BAP,S
77P (777-300ER v3): horizontal J (QSuites in 1-2-1 config) |WiFi|42J 312Y (10 across Y) | A7-BAC,E,F,G,I,M,O and BED,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,U,V,T,W,X | AeroLOPA seat map
77N (777-300ER v4): horizontal J (QSuites in 1-2-1 config) |WiFi|24J 388Y (10 across Y) | A7-BAT,U,V,W,X,Y,Z and BEA,B,C | AeroLOPA seat map
7D1 (777-300ER ex-VA): horizontal J (B/E Super Diamond seat in 1-2-1 config) | 37J 302Y (Rows 15-17: 8 across Y; Row 20 onwards: 9 across Y) | A7-BOE,F,G | AeroLOPA seat map
7D3 (777-300ER ex-CX 77A): horizontal J (Safran Cirrus II seat in 1-2-1 config) | 6F 53J 235Y (Rows 30-34: 8 across Y; Row 39 onwards: 10 across Y) | A7-BOA,B,C,D,I | AeroLOPA seat map
777 (777-200LR v1): horizontal J (B/E Minipod seat in 2-2-2 config) |WiFi | 42J 234Y (10 across Y) | A7-BBF,H | AeroLOPA seat map
77K (777-200LR v2): horizontal J (QSuites in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi| 42J 230Y (10 across Y) | A7-BBA,B,C,D,E,G,I | AeroLOPA seat map

Airbus A330
Specific information and photos on the A330's can be found here. Photos of the refurbished J seat, can be found here.
333H: horizontal J (B/E Diamond seat in 2-2-2 config) | A7-AED,E,F,G,J,N,O | AeroLOPA seat map
332H: horizontal J (B/E Diamond seat in 2-2-2 config) | A7-ACM,S,T | AeroLOPA seat map

Airbus A320
320L: horizontal J (B/E Diamond seat in 2-2 config) | WiFi | A7-AHL,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,W,X,Y. To distinguish from other 320s: last row of Y is 28 | AeroLOPA seat map

Short/medium haul configurations:

A few photographs of both J, and Y on the A320 can be found here.
320H v1: recliners J in 2-2 config | GSM, AVOD 10.6'' in J | A7-AHA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J
320H v2 (reconfigured Al-Maha): recliners J in 2-2 config. |no in-seat IFE, streaming IFE only |WiFi | A7-LAA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H (New seat coverings, increased leg room, and fixed bulkhead between business and economy compared to old Al-Maha config)
737/7M8 (737 MAX 8): MiQ recliners J in 2-2 config. |no in-seat IFE, streaming IFE only | A7-BSA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I | AeroLOPA seat map

The fleet type codes such as 77P or 77K are what can be used to identify the type of aircraft under "Check Routing" on www.qrcargo.com. The aircraft type on QR Cargo is fairly accurate if you search for a flight within the current calendar month.

Print Wikipost

The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Not sure if all four of the CX airframes are the same configuration but you’ll be able to see detailed seat maps here https://www.aerolopa.com/cx-77a
Brilliant, thank you. It was mostly out of curiosity as they seem to be putting the ex CX 77Ws on the DOH-MLE route of late!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ljms
Surprised to see an old-style business class on DOH - FRA...

It's a shame, really.

I've got Q Suite on FRA - DOH and herringbone J on DOH - DPS and DPS - DOH which is fine.
Things can change closer to the date though, and even on the day itself (as i personally found out).

My DOH-FRA flight was initially scheduled as a 77K (777-200LR with Qsuites), but that got changed to the 77P (777-300ER with Qsuites) 8 days before departure, which remained even after OLCI. However, during airport check in for my flights to FRA via DOH, I was shocked to see that my DOH-FRA seat had changed, and upon checking, saw that the aircraft had swapped to the 77I (777-300ER with 2-2-2 seats). The check-in agents were apologetic though there was nothing they can do, due to the late change (~13 hours before departure). There was to be one final change though: when i arrived in Doha, i noticed that the flight had reverted to the original 77K (and flew on A7-BBA in the end, with Qsuites), so it ended well. Hopefully you'll get a (favourable) equipment swap for your DOH-FRA flight.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:48 am

DPS-DOH QR0961-Is BizClass Seat LieFlat or Angled?

Want to book DPS (Bali) to DOH for 11th, 12th or 13th of July.
Flight is QR 0961, equipment is A330-300

Is this flight always with the lie-flat bed (ie: opens up to a full 180 flat bed)?
Or do they sometimes use the angled-bed (like a recliner that only opens to 160 degrees)
Are there any planes in the fleet that still have the Angled-bed?

Also, I read that on the A330-300, the area for ones feet is tiny, except for the bulkhead seats. My feet are size 15, so this is a concern.
But when I looked at seat selection, and on ExpertFlyer, the first row is "Blocked". How can I book the first row?
And do all the first row seats have the extra foot room? Or just the middle two?

Thank you.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlondon
Want to book DPS (Bali) to DOH for 11th, 12th or 13th of July.
Flight is QR 0961, equipment is A330-300

Is this flight always with the lie-flat bed (ie: opens up to a full 180 flat bed)?
Or do they sometimes use the angled-bed (like a recliner that only opens to 160 degrees)
Are there any planes in the fleet that still have the Angled-bed?

Also, I read that on the A330-300, the area for ones feet is tiny, except for the bulkhead seats. My feet are size 15, so this is a concern.
But when I looked at seat selection, and on ExpertFlyer, the first row is "Blocked". How can I book the first row?
And do all the first row seats have the extra foot room? Or just the middle two?

Thank you.
All the QR A330s have the lie flat seating - all the angled seats have been retired or replaced.

The first row usually becomes available at the airport during check in.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
All the QR A330s have the lie flat seating - all the angled seats have been retired or replaced.
The first row usually becomes available at the airport during check in.
Thank you. This is very helpful.

Regarding the first row, you wrote, "usually becomes available". Wondering what circumstances the first row may be assigned prior to the flight day?
I don't mind getting to the airport 6 hours early, but would not like to do so if I found out that someone had been able to get those seats ahead of me.
In other words, is there any other way to ensure I get the first row prior to day-of-flight?

Also, I would still like to understand about the foot-room issue. Do ALL of the first row seats have larger footwells than the rows behind them?
Or is it just the middle two seats in the front row?

Thanks again.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Thank you. This is very helpful.

Regarding the first row, you wrote, "usually becomes available". Wondering what circumstances the first row may be assigned prior to the flight day?
I don't mind getting to the airport 6 hours early, but would not like to do so if I found out that someone had been able to get those seats ahead of me.
In other words, is there any other way to ensure I get the first row prior to day-of-flight?

Also, I would still like to understand about the foot-room issue. Do ALL of the first row seats have larger footwells than the rows behind them?
Or is it just the middle two seats in the front row?

Thanks again.
I can’t comment on whether you can get assigned row 1 prior to check-in, but the 6 or so times I’ve been on the A330 in the last year row 1 was blocked (and empty) until check-in so I got it each time. It’s worth noting that if it’s a DOH-XXX leg, you can obviously get seated on row 1 when you check in at your point of origin.

In regards to the footwells, all of the row 1 seats have the same larger footwells which are substantially larger than the rows behind. The seats are really narrow and the aisle seats have no privacy so I would try get either of the window seats.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club, Air Tanzania Twiga Club
Now that the A321 deal is suspended/cancelled, is there any word on whether they will eventually retrofit all current A320 with lie flat business? Still never know if I will end up on recliners for a 8 hour flight to Tanzania... (DAR via JRO or JRO via DAR depending on the day).
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:01 am

I can’t comment on whether you can get assigned row 1 prior to check-in, but the 6 or so times I’ve been on the A330 in the last year row 1 was blocked (and empty) until check-in so I got it each time. It’s worth noting that if it’s a DOH-XXX leg, you can obviously get seated on row 1 when you check in at your point of origin.
I spoke with someone helpful (finally!) at Qatar Doha today who explained to me how it works:
- First row of Business class is always blocked, and even the highest Privilege Club tier cannot pre-book that row.
- If, prior to the opening of the check-in counter, the business class cabin is fully booked with the exception of the first row, then the first row seats are released on the online booking system.
- Otherwise, the first row seats are unblocked at the time the check-in counter opens, which they said is usually 3 to 3-1/2 hours before departure

(UPDATE: I just spoke to a different agent: Seems every time I speak with someone there, I get a different story. This person told me that it depends of the booking class, Elite and Comfort CAN book the first row. On the Qatar site, I get the Elite class, but the seats show as Occupied - When I check on Expert Flyer, they show as Blocked - I no longer know who to believe.)

In regards to the footwells, all of the row 1 seats have the same larger footwells which are substantially larger than the rows behind. The seats are really narrow and the aisle seats have no privacy so I would try get either of the window seats.
Good suggestion to go for the window seats. Thank you!
Schwann likes this.

Last edited by mlondon; Jun 14, 2022 at 9:35 am Reason: New information from Qatar...
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I spoke with someone helpful (finally!) at Qatar Doha today who explained to me how it works:
- First row of Business class is always blocked, and even the highest Privilege Club tier cannot pre-book that row.
- If, prior to the opening of the check-in counter, the business class cabin is fully booked with the exception of the first row, then the first row seats are released on the online booking system.
- Otherwise, the first row seats are unblocked at the time the check-in counter opens, which they said is usually 3 to 3-1/2 hours before departure

Good suggestion to go for the window seats. Thank you!
That makes sense. I have certainly been able to select row 1 before online but didn't want to mislead anyone by stating it as a fact!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:26 am

Hi Flyers !!, couple of economy seat related questions if you can help...me and Mrs MG are off on a Thai adventure !!

777-300er out of Manchester to Doha, looks like 77N, economy starting row 16... Any good seat tips ( note all the centre extra legroom have gone ) anyone had experience of the bulkhead ( 16/30/42) over standard seating, worth the extra cost ....?

Then we are onto the not so loved economy on the 787-8 from Doha to Phuket, again any top tips ? , row 10 looks a good row and no toilets, from experience is it worth the extra Ł50 each ....?

Thanks in advance Everyone
MG
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:09 am

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure that I know the answer to this due to the ongoing A350 issues with Qatar Airways and the aircraft being parked/no longer taking Airbus deliveries.

Does anyone know if Qatar is continuing to upgrade cabin interiors on the remaining 777 aircraft listed below?

77I (777-300ER v1): horizontal J, B/E MiniPod seat in 2-2-2 config.WiFi. 42J 316Y (10 across Y), A7-BAA,B,H,J,K,L,N,Q
77N (777-300ER v2): horizontal J, B/E MiniPod seat in 2-2-2 config. WiFi. 24J 388Y (10 across Y), A7-BAP,S
777 (777-200LR v1): horizontal J, B/E Minipod seat in 2-2-2 config. WiFi. 42J 234Y (10 across Y), A7-BBH

Thanks for your comments,
Ryan

Last edited by subtlebliss; Aug 17, 2022 at 3:08 pm Reason: Poor typing/spelling/grammer
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
That makes sense. I have certainly been able to select row 1 before online but didn't want to mislead anyone by stating it as a fact!
Same here, I recently selected 1A on one leg of my trip as I purchased my ticket on QR website more than a month in advance of travel (still shows as 1A a couple of weeks later). I couldn't select row 1 for any other leg of my itinerary.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
QR Newbie here.

I'm travelling on QR096 on Fri 18 Nov, and QR093 on Tue 29 Nov,in both instances listed as a Boeing 777-300ER. I am travelling in business, and the QR seatmap shows a 1-2-1 configuration, but business class seems to run from about row 16 to low 20s. I cannot find this configuration in either seatguru or the far better aerolopa, where J seems to end before row 10. Specifically my companion and I are in 18A and 19A in both directions.

I think these seats might have a sort of yin/yang thing going on, and want to make sure I am paired with my partner rather than us each being paired with strangers. Did we pick the right seats? Is there a better seat map (something like aerolopa) or did I just make a stupid mistake and it's there all along.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by abligh
QR Newbie here.

I'm travelling on QR096 on Fri 18 Nov, and QR093 on Tue 29 Nov,in both instances listed as a Boeing 777-300ER. I am travelling in business, and the QR seatmap shows a 1-2-1 configuration, but business class seems to run from about row 16 to low 20s. I cannot find this configuration in either seatguru or the far better aerolopa, where J seems to end before row 10. Specifically my companion and I are in 18A and 19A in both directions.

I think these seats might have a sort of yin/yang thing going on, and want to make sure I am paired with my partner rather than us each being paired with strangers. Did we pick the right seats? Is there a better seat map (something like aerolopa) or did I just make a stupid mistake and it's there all along.
If you read this thread, you will see that QR is using CX 77A on this route.
https://www.aerolopa.com/cx-77a
abligh likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Is booking F on the A380 (DOH-SYD) for 1 year from now (Oct/Nov 2023) a waste of time, as it will likely get downgraded to J if Qatar ends up retiring the A380 before then? What's the latest on QR's plans to keep the A380 in service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.