Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N1Rotate
Please note this information is correct as of October 2023 and is the most up-to-date info in the thread.

All have AVOD unless otherwise stated.
For up to date seatmaps, please see https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/fleet.html
Links to the AeroLOPA seats are appended to each aircraft type listed below

Long haul configurations:

Airbus A380-800
A trip report on the A380-800 can be found here as well as here.
388: has F, horizontal J (B/E Super Diamond seat in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi | AeroLOPA seat map

Airbus A350-1000
351: horizontal J (QSuites) 46J configuration | WiFi | A7-ANA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T | 46J 281Y AeroLOPA seat map
351: horizontal J (QSuites) 24J configuration | WiFi | A7-AOA,B,C

Airbus A350-900
A trip report on the A350-900 can be found here.
359: horizontal J (B/E Super Diamond seat in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi | A7-ALA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X | AeroLOPA seat map
359: horizontal J (QSuites) | WiFi (same code on QR cargo, able to distinguish via seat maps) | A7-ALY,Z and AME,F,G,H,I,J,K,L | AeroLOPA seat map
Awaiting return to service: A7-ALA,C,E,F,L

Boeing 787-8
A trip report in J on the Boeing 787-8 can be found here.
788: horizontal J (B/E Super Diamond seat in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi | AeroLOPA seat map

Boeing 787-9
789: Enclosed Suite in J (Adient Ascent seat in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi | AeroLOPA seat map

Boeing 777
Information on the J seating on the Boeing 777-300 can be found here.
77I (777-300ER v1): horizontal J (B/E MiniPod seat in 2-2-2 config) | WiFi| 42J 316Y (10 across Y) | A7-BAA,B,H,J,K,L,N,Q | AeroLOPA seat map
77N (777-300ER v2): horizontal J (B/E MiniPod seat in 2-2-2 config) | WiFi| 24J 388Y (10 across Y) | A7-BAP,S
77P (777-300ER v3): horizontal J (QSuites in 1-2-1 config) |WiFi|42J 312Y (10 across Y) | A7-BAC,E,F,G,I,M,O and BED,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,U,V,T,W,X | AeroLOPA seat map
77N (777-300ER v4): horizontal J (QSuites in 1-2-1 config) |WiFi|24J 388Y (10 across Y) | A7-BAT,U,V,W,X,Y,Z and BEA,B,C | AeroLOPA seat map
7D1 (777-300ER ex-VA): horizontal J (B/E Super Diamond seat in 1-2-1 config) | 37J 302Y (Rows 15-17: 8 across Y; Row 20 onwards: 9 across Y) | A7-BOE,F,G | AeroLOPA seat map
7D3 (777-300ER ex-CX 77A): horizontal J (Safran Cirrus II seat in 1-2-1 config) | 6F 53J 235Y (Rows 30-34: 8 across Y; Row 39 onwards: 10 across Y) | A7-BOA,B,C,D,I | AeroLOPA seat map
777 (777-200LR v1): horizontal J (B/E Minipod seat in 2-2-2 config) |WiFi | 42J 234Y (10 across Y) | A7-BBF,H | AeroLOPA seat map
77K (777-200LR v2): horizontal J (QSuites in 1-2-1 config) | WiFi| 42J 230Y (10 across Y) | A7-BBA,B,C,D,E,G,I | AeroLOPA seat map

Airbus A330
Specific information and photos on the A330's can be found here. Photos of the refurbished J seat, can be found here.
333H: horizontal J (B/E Diamond seat in 2-2-2 config) | A7-AED,E,F,G,J,N,O | AeroLOPA seat map
332H: horizontal J (B/E Diamond seat in 2-2-2 config) | A7-ACM,S,T | AeroLOPA seat map

Airbus A320
320L: horizontal J (B/E Diamond seat in 2-2 config) | WiFi | A7-AHL,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,W,X,Y. To distinguish from other 320s: last row of Y is 28 | AeroLOPA seat map

Short/medium haul configurations:

A few photographs of both J, and Y on the A320 can be found here.
320H v1: recliners J in 2-2 config | GSM, AVOD 10.6'' in J | A7-AHA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J
320H v2 (reconfigured Al-Maha): recliners J in 2-2 config. |no in-seat IFE, streaming IFE only |WiFi | A7-LAA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H (New seat coverings, increased leg room, and fixed bulkhead between business and economy compared to old Al-Maha config)
737/7M8 (737 MAX 8): MiQ recliners J in 2-2 config. |no in-seat IFE, streaming IFE only | A7-BSA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I | AeroLOPA seat map

The fleet type codes such as 77P or 77K are what can be used to identify the type of aircraft under "Check Routing" on www.qrcargo.com. The aircraft type on QR Cargo is fairly accurate if you search for a flight within the current calendar month.

Print Wikipost

The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by sturejan
According to my experience it's only used if needed because of overbooking.
Thank you for the quick reply, sturejan. This is what I feared. Pity... Would have been nice to use the seats, or I'd have also been happy to pay for a F ticket and get a proper 180 recline, but it seems neither options are viable.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I was in QR1110 last wednesday DOHA TO BAHRAIN and to my surprise it was a brand new dreamliner ( that was clearly not a 787 seat map when i selected my seat online )
Seat 1A
Amazing 20 min flight
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:18 am

enclosed a picture of the A320 seats DUBAI to DOHA QR1031

image gratuite
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Are those A320 new recliners or just the old ones with new covers on?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:45 am

I can't say i have nothing to compare with. I am new to QR.
For sure you could smell the new . It was wide and comfortable but very small angle of inclination.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by GTR56
Are those A320 new recliners or just the old ones with new covers on?
This is the interior of the Al-Maha Airways A320 currently flying regional routes operated by QR. Al-Maha is a hybrid LCC carrier planned to be based in Saudi to fly domestic routes. This isn't the standard QR A320 recliner seat, nor is it a new product for QR's A320s.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by flying_pig
What's the policy of using the F cabin on 2-class routes?

I am flying DOH-LOS on QR1407 next week, and from the seat map it seems they are using the last 3-class A330-300 on the route... Does anyone know if, at check-in, the first cabin is normally open to J passengers, or whether this is only used in case the extra capacity is needed?
Following up on my own question, seats in the F cabin were available to select at online checkin for DOH-LOS this week. I grabbed one and the cabin was indeed used, despite a very light load (5 pax in the F cabin and another 6 in the normal J section, two of which moved to F at a later stage during the flight). Glad I had a proper bed!!

So, it seems that there is really no policy and it is down to the specific flight.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Hi to all,

I have to fly FRA-DOH and DOH-SGN next January in J.

When I booked the FRA-DOH was scheduled on A350 but now on the website it's shown 777...I never flew neither on 777 nor on A350 but my impression is that the latter is more comfortable.....any experience?

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
The last two 2-class A333 are under reconfig so there are no more 2-class A333 with the old seats. That only leaves 1 3-class A333 and 1 2-class A332 to be refurbished.
Originally Posted by remdk
pchen0 earlier this month there were 1 333 and 3 332s with sloping seats. It has been suggested that these will all be converted to flat seats or have left the fleet by the end of this year.
FYI: BCN appears to have been flown by one of the sloping seat aircraft during the last month but HKG has been entirely flat seats. But that is academic if the sloping seat aircraft are retired/refurbished as suggested.
The DOH-SGN is scheduled on A330-200.....do I have to expect the sloping seats or do you think they will meet the deadline to refurbish/take off from the fleet the plane?

It's my first time with Qatar and I hope they will beat the EY service earlier this year.

Thanks to all
Kite
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:40 pm

KiteM All three sloping seat 332s have been used quite frequently on DOH-SGN during the last month.

When the last two aircraft will be refurbished and the two other 332s will leave the fleet is still uncertain.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
KiteM All three sloping seat 332s have been used quite frequently on DOH-SGN during the last month.

When the last two aircraft will be refurbished and the two other 332s will leave the fleet is still uncertain.
Thanks for your answer.... Although it's not what I was expected :-P

Where do you check which plane is used on a route?

Kite
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by KiteM
Thanks for your answer.... Although it's not what I was expected :-P

Where do you check which plane is used on a route?

Kite
Hi KiteM,

If you want to find out which aircraft have been used in the past, have a look at http://www.theqatarsource.com/qatara...tetracker.html.

For flights in the future, have a look at http://www.qrcargo.com/.

Safe travels,

M
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Hi KiteM,

If you want to find out which aircraft have been used in the past, have a look at http://www.theqatarsource.com/qatara...tetracker.html.

For flights in the future, have a look at http://www.qrcargo.com/.

Safe travels,

M
Thanks for the links, very appreciated.

I have calculated, starting from June, that the 64,5% of DOH-SGN flight was not operated by a "slopedd J" aircraft (111 flights out of 172).

So, at least odds are with me

I have a "technical" question.
In the wiki is written:

332H v1: horizontal J B/E MiniPod seat in 2-2-2
332H v3: horizontal J, B/E Diamond seat in 2-2-2 config
I supposed that the "horizontal" means the seat is a fully flat seat, isn't it?

Watt is the difference between the MiniPod and Diamond seat?
B/E means there are only 4 J rows?

Thanks in advance
Kite
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:33 pm

Would anyone know if the bulkhead / row 1 seats in J on the refurbished A330s (Diamond seats) are a good option? Do they have any disadvantage compared to rows 2 and 3? I am somehow convinced that the IFE screen might be smaller as I recall spotting some differences on some pictures, but maybe I am being paranoid.

Thanks in advance to anyone that could shed some light on this!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by lazerphant
Would anyone know if the bulkhead / row 1 seats in J on the refurbished A330s (Diamond seats) are a good option? Do they have any disadvantage compared to rows 2 and 3? I am somehow convinced that the IFE screen might be smaller as I recall spotting some differences on some pictures, but maybe I am being paranoid.

Thanks in advance to anyone that could shed some light on this!
On the A330 with Diamond seats, the first row is in my opinion the best row because you have a much bigger footwell resulting in a longer and wider bed when flat. The IFE screen is the same size.

KiteM,

Horizontal as in fully flat, the old sloped seats have a flat surface that is at an angle to the floor. All A332s have 4 rows of business, though the B/E MiniPod version has one row behind the galley and 3 in front of it.

I don't have the photos at hand, but the MiniPod seat is similar to the 777 business class seat which you can find easily find photos of online. They are traditional forward facing seats. The seats are burgundy.

The Diamond version has similar aesthetics to the 787/350/380 business class seat, and is in a reverse herring bone layout but at 2-2-2, there are photos of it in this thread. It is a charcoal coloured seat.

This Diamond seat is narrower than the MiniPod seat but I actually prefer it to the MiniPod seat as it is more comfortable to me in the up-right and semi-reclined position, but its narrowness really shows if you lay it flat and are a side sleeper in which case the MiniPod is better for me.

Last edited by N1Rotate; Dec 4, 2015 at 1:04 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
KiteM,

Horizontal as in fully flat, the old sloped seats have a flat surface that is at an angle to the floor. All A332s have 4 rows of business, though the B/E MiniPod version has one row behind the galley and 3 in front of it.

I don't have the photos at hand, but the MiniPod seat is similar to the 777 business class seat which you can find easily find photos of online. They are traditional forward facing seats. The seats are burgundy.

The Diamond version has similar aesthetics to the 787/350/380 business class seat, and is in a reverse herring bone layout but at 2-2-2, there are photos of it in this thread. It is a charcoal coloured seat.

This Diamond seat is narrower than the MiniPod seat but I actually prefer to the MiniPod seat as it is more comfortable to me in the up-right and semi-reclined position, but its narrowness really shows if you lay it flat and are a side sleeper in which case the MiniPod is better for me.
WOW, I really thank you for your explanation.
Very appreciated ^

I hope to find an horizontal J only because we're flying with our 21 months old boy on lap.....sloped seat will be very uncomfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.