Transiting the new airport in DOH

Old Jun 23, 14, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Transiting the new airport in DOH

My first post on the QR forum although a regular BA FTer.

Looking to try a Europe to Far East flight transitting in DOH. A friend of mine told me that there is no separate transit arrangements for J passengers now so you have to join the long queue of passengers to clear DOH transit security especially if several long haul flights arrived simultaneously. Is this correct?

I know with the airport, there were business to take passengers to the Premium Terminal but that is no longer.
Old Jun 23, 14, 5:57 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
There should be a 'fast track', but poorly signed.
Old Jun 23, 14, 6:10 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
For the time being, yes.
However depending on when you fly (i.e. if it's still a few months away), things might have changed with the opening of the REAL J and F lounges. The one's now are temporary (will be status-lounges later).
I imagine once the real lounges open, security screening will be separate again - but there's no official announcement of when they will open. For more information look at the last few pages of the "QR Lounges at HIA" thread. Lots of different experiences.
Old Jun 23, 14, 6:30 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KenJohn View Post
A friend of mine told me that there is no separate transit arrangements for J passengers now so you have to join the long queue of passengers to clear DOH transit security especially if several long haul flights arrived simultaneously. Is this correct?
To the best of my knowledge no, that isn't correct.

The transit security lanes have a dedicated lane for Premium pax & it's in the middle (ish) of the normal security lanes. As kataka has mentioned it's poorly signposted - don't look above for signage as it was on a floor mounted temporary sign when I passed through.

I believe it may not be in use during quiet times as there's no need, but it was there (& empty) when I transited HIA at midnight a couple of weeks ago & used it.
Old Jun 23, 14, 6:36 am

Programs: OWS, QR Gold, Kris, and a few others
Just breezed through without any problem. Signage not great, but ask and you'll be guided.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: