FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Complaining about booking on QR website. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1583850-complaining-about-booking-qr-website.html)

tmac100 Jun 8, 2014 9:00 pm

Complaining about booking on QR website.

I tried booking and paying for a RT flight with QR for several days - actually I tried beginning on Wednesday (the 4th) and stopped on Sunday at about 1:30 am at HIA in front of a QR sales rep. I want this situation fixed and need to know who to call in the QR IT hierarchy... Maybe someone in the FT readership knows ... :rolleyes:

All goes fine with the booking until I submit payment details and send my MasterCard "Secure Code". Then the QR website says there has been an error and to check the card details.

I checked several times with the bank (in Canada) and they say there is no record of a possible transaction and thus there is an error from the QR website. I tried three different browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome) but with the same result.

IT at the QR website stated (on Thursday when I telephoned them) that they had some issue they were working on but that was on Thursday.

I had to pay extra to get a sales rep to make the booking for me. I resent having to pay for this when it seems the QR website is at fault. :rolleyes:

Basically I want to complain to someone in QR's IT system so they are aware of this issue - AND FIX IT. It is NOT the card as I use it for on-line purchases from other countries etc.. If this issue happens with me, then I suppose it happens with others too.

Suggestions as to who to contact? By coincidence I am currently stationed in Doha if that is of any help. However, I do not speak Arabic.

tmac100 Jun 10, 2014 1:44 am

Bump!

Hard to believe there is not a single suggestion about who to call. :(

Oh well, I'll beat the bushes by telephone here in Doha.

Phil the Flyer Jun 10, 2014 2:12 am

I'm no IT expert (and if it is QR's problem this might not even be appropriate), but presumably you followed all of the suggestions here:

http://support.qatarairways.com/entr...king-a-ticket-

Havoc10G Jun 10, 2014 2:16 am

Complaining about booking on QR website.

My advice would be just let it go. You will waste more time, patience and energy in Doha trying to deal with this and get some sort of refund than it is worth.

QatarA340 Jun 10, 2014 5:07 am

I had the same problem with Mastercard!!

I tried several times, but in the end I tried to put my Visa card and it worked!

RUN4FUN Jun 11, 2014 4:00 am

I also have the same issue with MasterCard, but Visa is working fine.

Frustrating at times, but QR IT is hopless in some cases. It is truly frustrating when these typical QR malfunctions arise, but follow Havoc10G's advice and give up trying to help QR improve. You will for sure waste your time and bring more frustration upon yourself. They do for sure miss out on some buisiness this way, but they probably dont care.

tmac100 Jun 11, 2014 8:28 am

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN (Post 23015097)
I also have the same issue with MasterCard, but Visa is working fine.

Frustrating at times, but QR IT is hopless in some cases. It is truly frustrating when these typical QR malfunctions arise, but follow Havoc10G's advice and give up trying to help QR improve. You will for sure waste your time and bring more frustration upon yourself. They do for sure miss out on some buisiness this way, but they probably dont care.

Thank you all for reminding me of some basic facts here in Qatar. :rolleyes: Fortunately a UAE-based Mastercard works for web-based QRbookings while the Canada-based Mastercard does not work with the identical QR booking attempts.

Good thing I have "multiple redundancies" as a part on my life-style :D Thanks everyone - again. FT rules ^

VH-RMD Jun 11, 2014 12:08 pm

VPN helps overcome those issues...

tmac100 Jun 12, 2014 4:09 am

Originally Posted by VH-RMD (Post 23017626)
VPN helps overcome those issues...

I use a VPN regularly. In this case it did nothing. Trying to book and pay from another country did not work either.

Multiple redundancies DID help :rolleyes:

in2it54 Jun 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by tmac100 (Post 23016170)
Thank you all for reminding me of some basic facts here in Qatar. :rolleyes: Fortunately a UAE-based Mastercard works for web-based QRbookings while the Canada-based Mastercard does not work with the identical QR booking attempts.

Good thing I have "multiple redundancies" as a part on my life-style :D Thanks everyone - again. FT rules ^

I've experienced the problem as well.
I tried to pay for a booking from Oz using Mastercard. It was no-go.
I had to call my bank, they set up a 30min window (via Mastercard) for me to complete the transaction.
For some reason Mastercard have blocked international transactions into Qatar Airways.

tmac100 Jun 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by in2it54 (Post 23025657)
I've experienced the problem as well.
I tried to pay for a booking from Oz using Mastercard. It was no-go.
I had to call my bank, they set up a 30min window (via Mastercard) for me to complete the transaction.
For some reason Mastercard have blocked international transactions into Qatar Airways.

I wonder about this occasionally...

When I started to have this problem I did call my bank in Canada and spoke with the Mastercard section (Bank of Montreal).. The fellow stated that there was no rejection notice on his screen nor any record of trying to pay QR for any ticket.

OTOH, a Mastercard from another country worked in the past when I bought a ticket from the QR website.

So the issue is still there but the reason is ??? Easy to buy with Expedia/Travelocity, etc perhaps :rolleyes:

backtoindia2014 Jun 12, 2014 10:35 pm

It is interesting that you bring this up. I was just having trouble with my own booking this week and it involved the Secure Code from MasterCard.

Did it even get to the point where you had the opportunity to enter your Secure Code or did you get an error before that?

If you got it before, the thing that fixed it for me was calling in to my card provider and telling them to remove my old password (I ended up needing an override because the Secure Code website STILL would not allow me to re-register). I then went on the Secure Code website and re-registered. After that, it worked on the first try.

My mother's VISA was blocked as well. However, hers was due to the fact that the credit card company suspected fraud and nothing else. Calling in and asking if they had blocked a transaction may help too.

Hope it helps. :)

tartempion Jun 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Had the same problem with Thai two weeks ago.
Thai said it was credit card company (in this case ATOS Worldline)
Atos said transactions never reached them (thai sent me mail with 5 payment requests to ATOS)

Case closed....

kataka Jun 13, 2014 1:13 am

Never experienced any problems when I have used my MasterCard for booking.

RUN4FUN Jun 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by kataka (Post 23026751)
Never experienced any problems when I have used my MasterCard for booking.

Yes, i was actualy wondering about that.