Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by remdk
Pseudo Nim as far as I know the 8 hour rule was specifically for the Al Safwa lounge. I do not know if it has 'trickled down' to Al Mourjan or not! I very much doubt it because it should now be possible to purchase access to Al Mourjan according to reports on this forum 6-8 weeks ago.

Tou should try and see if you are allowed in and please report back here.
Let you know how it goes. Though I'm optimistic they'll open up J space so I don't have to find out ...
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm assuming just being QR Gold flying QR Y I wouldn't have access to Al Mourjan (are there one-time passes I can use in my account? I'm a bit confused). I'm flying DPS-DOH in J, 8 hour connection, DOH-BOS in Y. Would they let me in as DPS-DOH was in J?
Ugh. And that connection is overnight, of course. I fly 743 all the time and know that it leaves first thing in the morning.

Here's a suggestion: Instead of trying to parse the rules out here and discuss whether or not various FTers think you'll be admitted, just go to the bottom of the escalator when you get there. Either you'll be admitted or not. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Ugh. And that connection is overnight, of course. I fly 743 all the time and know that it leaves first thing in the morning.

Here's a suggestion: Instead of trying to parse the rules out here and discuss whether or not various FTers think you'll be admitted, just go to the bottom of the escalator when you get there. Either you'll be admitted or not. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Yeah that's fair. Reason I was asking is because I'm toying with the idea of sleeping in the city rather than in the airport hotel ($300 per night!!! Talk about a captive audience), but to do so, I have to apply for a visa five days ahead ... the quiet rooms at Al-Mourjan are sort of OK for an overnight, but if I more or less definitively can't get in, then I'd better get a visa and go hang out at a nearby hotel or something. I've flown 743 a bunch of times, but always in revenue J, so this has never been a problem - the one time I couldn't get an (award) seat in J is when the issue is coming to a head
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:20 am
Suspended

I would like to ask if 2 hours 20 minutes is enough for a lounge visit in Doha? will be traveling in J
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TTOTY
I would like to ask if 2 hours 20 minutes is enough for a lounge visit in Doha? will be traveling in J
That is loads of time. Doha is built for transit and apart from the (IMO) slightly disorganised transit security - there is J fasttrack - its usually very easy to transit. The minimum connection time is 45mins and we have had reports of people with tight connections - under an hour - still managing a lounge visit. With a connection time of over 2 hours and assuming it's all on time you should be able to have at least an hour in the lounge if that is what you want.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by plunet
That is loads of time. Doha is built for transit and apart from the (IMO) slightly disorganised transit security - there is J fasttrack - its usually very easy to transit. The minimum connection time is 45mins and we have had reports of people with tight connections - under an hour - still managing a lounge visit. With a connection time of over 2 hours and assuming it's all on time you should be able to have at least an hour in the lounge if that is what you want.
thanks for theinfo
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:15 am

TTOTY welcome to the QR forum.

2 hours 20 mins. is plenty of time to vosot Al Mourjan lounge.
Ionce managed a good 20 mins in Al Mourjan on a transit of just over one hour!

Do have a look at the QR dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html. It contains a wealth of advice and tips-
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:19 am
Suspended

TTOTY welcome to the QR forum.

2 hours 20 mins. is plenty of time to vosot Al Mourjan lounge.
Ionce managed a good 20 mins in Al Mourjan on a transit of just over one hour!

Do have a look at the QR dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html. It contains a wealth of advice and tips-
Thank you... this will be my first time trying out QR J and I have heard a lot about the Al Mourjan, hence wanted to make sure I can check it out
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:37 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
On a recent flight when I was transiting in Doha, on my incoming flight I was given a card by the cabin crew. It said something like "Dine before you fly" and invited me to "Maximise your rest onboard" by visiting the "Premium Lounge".

I asked if it was the same as the Al Mourjan lounge, and she asked if my next flight was in Business Class and I said yes, and she was a little bit confused but then said "I think it's the same lounge".

I didn't see anyone else being given the card (maybe they were when I was sleeping). Does anyone know what this card was for? Did I miss my opportunity to visit the Al Safwa lounge?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: qr
Never had one of these cards before don't think you missed an opportunity to visit Al Safwa unless you were arriving into DOH long haul first in which case you would have had access and perhaps the card was meant to advertise the dining options in the waiter served restaurant with al a carte menu?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:26 pm

tav1989 what waiter served restaurant with an A La Carte menu. The only menu that I know of in Al Mourjan is the breakfast menu! Parts of the kitchens have been closed due to safety reasons and the restaurant is now a self service buffet!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:09 pm

tav1989 what waiter served restaurant with an A La Carte menu. The only menu that I know of in Al Mourjan is the breakfast menu! Parts of the kitchens have been closed due to safety reasons and the restaurant is now a self service buffet!
Why safety reason?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:12 am

Pseudo Nim a very diplomatic explanation for hiding the real reason!
Serious fire hazard has been mentioned!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: qr
Remdk I was referring to restaurant in Al Safwa if SXC had access not the BC lounge which we know has no longer waiter a la cate service
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:42 am

I read here (https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airwa...usiness-lounge) that Qatar now sells access to some of its premium lounges (not just Oryx). Does anyone know if this is correct? I can't find any info on it anywhere else..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.