Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: EK, VA, QF, AC etc
Still possible?

Originally Posted by florin
... I hope to spend most of my time in the Oryx lounge.
Is this still a possiblility? Does one need to be a QR FF to purchase the one-day access?

I'm flying in at 05:00 and would like to shower & clean up before going to the office. Doing this at the airport would be quicker (and cheaper) than getting an ultra early check-in at the hotel.

Otherwise, plan B is to use the "Vitality Wellbeing & Fitness Center" at the Airport Hotel, which has showers for a similar fee (140QAR) but no food.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Sitting in Al moujaran right now. Much quieter then it has been in the past during park times, which is excellent. Krug still there. No cloth napkins, service still hit and miss. Did get to explore more of the lounge Inc. The quiet area, business centre etc. if you looking in the crooks and crannies, there is loads of seating.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Sitting in Al moujaran right now. Much quieter then it has been in the past during park times, which is excellent. Krug still there. No cloth napkins, service still hit and miss. Did get to explore more of the lounge Inc. The quiet area, business centre etc. if you looking in the crooks and crannies, there is loads of seating.
In the lounge now, bloody sexist place sorry about the language. Asked for champagne, given Billiecart, queried it and told no that's what we serve you. Two minutes later a man come by, asks for champagne given Krug. I query again, shrug of shoulders and told but for you that one
Go figure

And as others report, service really has gone down hill, table not cleared from previous guest, then set only at the place I was not at.

Front desk was very rude and showed no sensitivity or disability awareness. Will be interested to see what the next leg of my flights are like....I may change allegiance again.......
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:12 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Krug available in the restaurant upstairs as of now
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
In the lounge now, bloody sexist place sorry about the language. Asked for champagne, given Billiecart, queried it and told no that's what we serve you. Two minutes later a man come by, asks for champagne given Krug. I query again, shrug of shoulders and told but for you that one
Go figure

And as others report, service really has gone down hill, table not cleared from previous guest, then set only at the place I was not at.

Front desk was very rude and showed no sensitivity or disability awareness. Will be interested to see what the next leg of my flights are like....I may change allegiance again.......
I was upstairs at the bar yesterday and had the opposite experience. Excellent bar man working alone serving the whole bar and drinks for the table service. Asked everyone what champagne they wanted (billecart, Krug, pol roger rose) and I saw bottles of Krug regularly requested by waiting staff for top ups.

I did notice a shortage of champagne glasses though
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:44 pm

thoglette please remember that the report by M70B50 was for the Oryx lounge in the now closed old airport. As far as I recall there was a report on the "QR Lounges at HIA" thread sometime during April to June this year that described the new Oryx lounge as adequate.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:08 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Go figure

Sorry to hear you had such a poor experience thegreatmrsj.

I'm not entirely sure your example of the wrong champagne being offered is proof of sexism, but perhaps there is more to the story.

In terms of the sensitivity concerning your disability, QR are usually very good with passengers requiring extra assistance.

I hope the remainder of your flights met with your expectations, but do report back if not.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Date: 18 Nov 2015
Time: 01:40
Lounge: Al-Mourjan
Krug: "Not available at the moment Sir"
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, AZ Gold
Sitting in the Al Mourjan Lounge right now. I confirm that Krug is not available, only Billecart Salmon or Pol Roger Rose. I was told that Krug and other champagne is usually stocked up on Thursday. One should be prepared that Krug may not be available on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:35 pm

I wonder if I missed you by an hour, or if we sat close :-)
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Smile

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
QR have announced that passengers will now be able to take Krug from the Lounge, on-board.

The Krug will be offered to Premium class passengers in these flasks:

Originally Posted by QR_Seb
Sitting in the Al Mourjan Lounge right now. I confirm that Krug is not available, only Billecart Salmon or Pol Roger Rose. I was told that Krug and other champagne is usually stocked up on Thursday. One should be prepared that Krug may not be available on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Very useful to know. Thank you. Now we can keep this thread going by reporting on days of the week for Krug availability, or, hours of the days of the week. Mind you, Pol Roger Rose is a fine drop as well. Cheers
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by AVIATORPJ
Mind you, Pol Roger Rose is a fine drop as well. Cheers
The Billecart Salmon was pretty nasty, but maybe it was just too sharp for me, as I have the palate of a child. The gewürztraminer offered instead was just the right amount of sugary treats.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, AZ Gold
@ zebrametalevel: I was in the Al Mourjan lounge from 11:00 p.m. until 06:45 a.m.

It was very nice after midnight with less than 20 pax in the lounge, all showers vacant, no one in the restaurant.

The bartender recommended the 2007 Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou 'La Croix de Beaucaillou' which is on the First Class wine list. This wine had a very interesting and complex buoquet, and a long-lasting finish, or let's rather describe it as a symphony of flavours.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
When I was here last Thursday morning, the queue for the men's toilets was snaking back into the lounge. Ridiculous.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:44 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
When I was here last Thursday morning, the queue for the men's toilets was snaking back into the lounge. Ridiculous.
Very odd - especially as there are two toilet blocks (in the Al Mourjan) downstairs, as well as a smaller block upstairs in the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.