Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:45 am

I had an F segment scheduled for 10/23. Decided to fly Etihad instead. No use waiting for Al Safwa, although I shall be very chagrined if they decide to open it in the next week or two.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Oct 12, 2015 at 10:57 am
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Hi All,

I recently used the first class lounge for one world emerald and felt it was not bad. The champagne served was Laurent Perrier and billecart Salman and the lounge was empty last Wednesday morning.

Just thought I'd share.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by timo469
Hi All,

I recently used the first class lounge for one world emerald and felt it was not bad. The champagne served was Laurent Perrier and billecart Salman and the lounge was empty last Wednesday morning.

Just thought I'd share.

Cheers,

Timo
You used the first class lounge travelling in Y? Right. Not Al Mourjan?

Thats interesting they serve champagne there. In the business class lounge on the opposite they even not had beer the last time i was inside.

Was it self service or service staff you have to ask for the champagne?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Crisu69
You used the first class lounge travelling in Y? Right. Not Al Mourjan?

Thats interesting they serve champagne there. In the business class lounge on the opposite they even not had beer the last time i was inside.

Was it self service or service staff you have to ask for the champagne?
The business class lounge (Silver /sapphire) has beer . You just have to ask for it .
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by crombiestone
The business class lounge (Silver /sapphire) has beer . You just have to ask for it .
I know you have to ask there. I just hear someone asked for it and stuff said no have. Maybe it was out of stock.

Did not drink any alcohol this evening but if they would have served champagne (what they not do) i could not resist
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Flying late into DOH and then a 7 a.m. next day departure. So, will stay at HIA. I have access to the OW First lounge. But should I consider Oryx instead? thoughts?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:34 pm

Does PC Gold enter business or first class lounge traveling in Y?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by tboons
Does PC Gold enter business or first class lounge traveling in Y?
PC gold is OWS and thus business class lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:37 am

It is quite strange that no information at all about the facilities and servicse of the new First Class lounge(s) (i.e. Al Safwa) is disclosed by now. Why is it kept so secret? What can we expect?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:03 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by mtresc
It is quite strange that no information at all about the facilities and servicse of the new First Class lounge(s) (i.e. Al Safwa) is disclosed by now. Why is it kept so secret? What can we expect?
There are bits and pieces here and there about this lounge but nothing is confirmed. It was supposed to open in April this year, but alas - as with most things QR - further delays.

I think the majority of views out there put the opening of this lounge most likely by the end of this year. I don't think anyone knowing the value of a dollar would bet on that happening though because, as I have mentioned before, it is QR.

No one has a reason out there for why it has been so late and what the delays are. Personally it is frustrating that no one has pressured QR or AAB about it.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:44 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HB7
There are bits and pieces here and there about this lounge but nothing is confirmed. It was supposed to open in April this year, but alas - as with most things QR - further delays.

I think the majority of views out there put the opening of this lounge most likely by the end of this year. I don't think anyone knowing the value of a dollar would bet on that happening though because, as I have mentioned before, it is QR.

No one has a reason out there for why it has been so late and what the delays are. Personally it is frustrating that no one has pressured QR or AAB about it.
The Al Safwa was originally delayed as the Emir did not like the lounge when it was completed (according to four or five senior HIA staff I spoke to a while back)
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:16 am

First class and business class lounge compare

Someone know if they serve Champagne in this first class lounge (not the Safa lounge which is still not open)?

I am Qatar Gold an travelling i Y so can go in the business class lounge which is so so.

At the end of the year will be Platin and the have access to first class lounge on the opposite.

Would like to know is there a big improvement to business class. If have champagne there then it would be for me.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:56 am

@Crisu69
Yes, they serve champagne in the First class OWE lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mtresc
Information is simply not a part of the Qatar Airways culture. Exemptions are info regarding new destinations, rewards and when AAB do anything magnificent.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Quote:

Originally Posted by HB7

The Al Safwa was originally delayed as the Emir did not like the lounge when it was completed (according to four or five senior HIA staff I spoke to a while back)
I just love this thread, not only because I have first class trip booked in December but because the truth (or rumors) about when it opens and why its delayed are getting better and better and almost as free flowing as the Krug

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.