Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by icegirl
Whilst shopping Harrods over the weekend, we came across the Qatar Airways shop. I inquired about when they expect the new First Class Lounge in Doha to open, to which a female agent replied “it’s already open”. This came as a great shock to me and so repeated my question and emphasised that I was asking about the first class lounge, again the agent said it was open and even checked with male member of staff who said the lounge has been open for some months.
No news in this one, as the now open First class lounge already have been subject in quite a few posts here. It is Al-Safwa we are waiting for.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
I am right now in the new business lounge. Its now 8 pm, not crowded at all. Food selection is not so big but all necessary drinks here, but dont expect Krug or big selection of wine ect. They offer two wine, one beer. Only two offer for warm food (soup). I am sitting very close to the end of the lounge an there is no bad smell. At the entrance i could also smell smoke. The chairs are even more comfortable then Al Mourjanm in my opinion.

Well, the lounge is ok. I am in economy and dont expect so much. But if you compare with the gallery lounge from BA in LHR to which i also have access as OWS this new Qatar business lounge is really little poor, if you consider its their home lounge.
Even Qantas Lounge in Singapore is better than BA galleries in London. I think one needs to look at Cathay for the wide ranging of lounge in Hong Kong. I thought Doha will have more impressive lounges but really, I think Cathay base in HKIA is much more impressive.
Old May 18, 2015, 4:43 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Considering all the delays associated with Qatar airlines and HIA, does anyone here have any real hope that Al-Safwa will even be opened this year?

This lounge was expected to be open last year, then got delayed further before they said it was definitely April. Nearing the end of May, there is no realistic timeline that has been put through other than that it "may be open before Ramadhan".

Isn't it overly optimistic to think this lounge will be open in 2015?

P.S. I really hope the lounge is open in the next few weeks but I have seen no evidence of this happening.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:50 am

The best thing is to just forget about Al-Safwa completely until it actually opens. Better for your sanity that way.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
In case it is helpful to others, below are the links to the sections of my recent TR with lots of pictures from my 2 visits to the Al Mourjan lounge in March:
  1. An Evening in the Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Lounge, Doha, Qatar
  2. Overnight (without Sleeping) in Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Lounge, Doha, Qatar

We really enjoyed the lounge. It started to get very busy around 11pm and remained so until a bit after 2am. Then, it seemed to get busy again a bit after 5am.

We also took the Free Doha City Tour, with which we were not too impressed.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by FindAWay
In case it is helpful to others, below are the links to the sections of my recent TR with lots of pictures from my 2 visits to the Al Mourjan lounge in March:
An Evening in the Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Lounge, Doha, Qatar
Overnight (without Sleeping) in Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Lounge, Doha, Qatar

We really enjoyed the lounge. It started to get very busy around 11pm and remained so until a bit after 2am. Then, it seemed to get busy again a bit after 5am.

We also took the Free Doha City Tour, with which we were not too impressed.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by FindAWay
We really enjoyed the lounge.
Well played sir. You have won the The Al Mourjan Krug thread.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by stargold
Not sure about the etiquette for edits etc, but regarding your first question, you can view the edit history once you press Edit on the Wikipost - it's on the following screen.
Belated tnx Stargold. Hadn't spotted that and it's good to know it's there.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:12 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
The best thing is to just forget about Al-Safwa completely until it actually opens. Better for your sanity that way.
+1

BTW it will be only another airport lounge (with Krug), don't expect more
Old May 19, 2015, 4:21 am

Krug as of May 19

FYI, they are still serving Krug, at least in the upstairs restaurant, as of today. For those who like to make advance drinking plans.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by garkman
FYI, they are still serving Krug, at least in the upstairs restaurant, as of today. For those who like to make advance drinking plans.
I expect they'll continue to serve Krug to all Al Mourjan customers as long as QR F pax are using the lounge (much the same as the A380 onboard bar). When Al Safwa opens, & the F pax are no longer present, I suspect the Krug supply will dry up.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by impeymac
I expect they'll continue to serve Krug to all Al Mourjan customers as long as QR F pax are using the lounge (much the same as the A380 onboard bar). When Al Safwa opens, & the F pax are no longer present, I suspect the Krug supply will dry up.
Sounds about right. They also kept it out of sight underneath the bar.

Agent at the escalator also said 1st lounge will open very soon, late this month or really next month fwiw.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:39 pm

I said this a few times, but I don't think the opening of Al Safwa is a guarantee that Krug will no longer be available in Al Mourjan.

While it may be very possible that Krug will move to Al Safwa, the old premium terminal at DOH had free flowing Krug in the J section (literally bottles of that stuff in the fridge), despite the fact that Krug wasn't available in the J cabin onboard the aircraft.

So it can be either really and we won't know for sure until Al Safwa opens.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Are we still talking about KRUG!! AUU
Old May 19, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold

This. And just buy a bottle of Krug and enjoy with your favorite meal at home. Pairs well with pizza.

Last edited by justforfun; May 19, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.