Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Unlike most organisations in Qatar I am pleased to report that QR has an extremely strong health, safety and fire ethics.
Wait a minute, what about the last minute delay opening NDIA all in the name of safety.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:40 am

Thanks to all who chipped in with advice for me on this point.

My connection in Doha had me landing about 6:00 p.m. After a surprisingly painless bus ride and a quick security screening I made my way into the biggest duty free shopping area I have *EVER* seen. The cornucopia of luxury goods, I expected. But giant sacks of American candy? Who needs 250 Twix bars?

But I digress. The wait to purchase access to the Oryx Lounge took about 90 seconds and the guy who ran my credit card was cheerful and efficient. The lounge itself was nothing special, but it sure beat the terminal. I liked the chopped tomato salad, the olives and the various pastries. Didn't sample the adult beverages. Not crowded at all. There were even a couple of free recliners in the darkened sleeping area. Wi-fi was spotty in some locations, but moving to a different spot cured that.

Wanted to take a shower and wandered around for some time before I discovered you have to ask one of the attendants for a towel. The showers (which are next to the toilets) were huge compared to some other lounges I've been to, with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The ventilation was good enough that even after I took a serious shower the steam cleared quickly and my clothes weren't too damp.

At a price of $40 U.S. dollars for (I think) up to three hours, I think the Oryx Lounge is a decent value.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
QR Lounges at HIA

Just read this interesting article.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-first-...n=home-flipper

Dedicated lounges won't be open till end of July
Old May 19, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
The article says that OWE and OWS can access the F and J lounges. I wonder why there is still a separate Gold Class lounge in HIA, when in fact their Gold members are also OWS, and are therefore entitled to use the J lounge?
Old May 19, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm reading it as Emerald/Platinum access to First Class lounge - but not Sapphire/Gold to Buisness lounge unless I've missed something?

First two sentences read:

Qatar Airways will admit eligible Oneworld travellers to its new 'premium' first class lounge at Hamad International Airport, marking a welcome reversal from the airline's policy for its nest lounges at Doha and London Heathrow.

The airline's new first class lounge at Hamad will open its doors to Platinum-grade members of Qatar Airways' Privilege Club frequent flyer scheme as well as Oneworld Emerald equivalents, including Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum and Platinum One.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Perhaps they will have a First Class Lounge (aka equiv. to Galleries First) and another 'First Class Lounge' (aka equiv. to Concorde Room)?
Old May 19, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
What happens to the premium terminal once the switch to HIA is made? Will QR still use it for its own F and J pax? It doesn't seem very accessible to the new airport, but there is no mention of an equivalent at HIA.
Old May 19, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
What happens to the premium terminal once the switch to HIA is made? Will QR still use it for its own F and J pax? It doesn't seem very accessible to the new airport, but there is no mention of an equivalent at HIA.
IIRC old airport will be used for training and/or cargo.

Premium terminal is hard to access from HIA and crowded at peak hours.

if they do an F lounge like EK at DXB i'll have no complaints.
Old May 20, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Anyone notice shower availability ?

I'll be flying through DOH at midnight on the 4th July.
Travelling in J, a 1:55 transit, QR Silver (for what that's worth).

I will have been travelling all day prior, and reach my destination 10:35am the day after the transit - probably smelling like a hog by then.

I'd just love a shower on the DOH transit.
Can anyone provide any insight ?
Old May 20, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Could the Silver and Gold lounges just be for QR Privilege Club members, while OWS and OWE members from other airlines can use the F/J lounges? A bit like American not letting their own members use their lounges for domestic flights, but letting OW members in. Would make sense as QR PC members would possibly make up a larger volume of travellers through HIA.
Old May 20, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrblanco
Could the Silver and Gold lounges just be for QR Privilege Club members, while OWS and OWE members from other airlines can use the F/J lounges? A bit like American not letting their own members use their lounges for domestic flights, but letting OW members in. Would make sense as QR PC members would possibly make up a larger volume of travellers through HIA.
I hope not! The way I'm reading it is:

QR Silver will use Silver lounge
QR Gold and oneworld Sapphire will use Gold lounge
QR Platinum and oneworld Emerald will use F lounge

If this is the case, then I suppose the J lounge will be ticketed J pax only - and as jdtravels mentions above I wouldn't to be too surprised if there is a Concorde room style option for some F pax - possibly long haul F pax as first suggested by Sixth Freedom in a previous post.

Let's see though - guess we won't definitely know until all lounges are open!
Old May 20, 2014, 10:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by mrblanco
I don't think so. QR tends to treat its own elite quite well (save for miles redemption); and better than others' elites - which is why I still put my QR # when I fly QR Y, and BA # when I fly other oneworld airlines.
Old May 21, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
For a moment, I thought that central Pennsylvania had suddenly become an important global link to DOH
Old May 26, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Any updates on what will be provided for J&F pax? I have an ugly 5 hour layover flying F on June 2. Not much I can do to improve on the connection, so I'm hoping there are decent facilities available.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by jmc1K
Any updates on what will be provided for J&F pax?
No new information yet but I anticipate things will become a little clearer following the big opening/transfer of QR services tomorrow. I assume that whatever is available from tomorrow will be what is available until the rest of the lounges are finished in late July/August time. I have 2 transfers in the next 2 weeks but I am sure there will be a flurry of reports before then!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.