Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket cancellation/alteration policies

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Ticket cancellation/alteration policies

I have bought a promotional(fare class O) ticket on Qatar Airways with the following route:
GRU-DOH-NRT on november 12th,
PVG-DOH-GRU on december 11th

However due to work complications I am unlikely to be able to travel this period, I checked their online booking website but at most I can try to change(without much success) the dates on the itinerary.

I would like to know how much would I pay to cancel the ticket(total ticket price was about 1100-1200 USD), or if I can change the reservation to a completely different destination without paying much more, should I call the airline?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
I suggest you call QR.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You should be able to change the destination without too much difficulty, but I would not bank on getting a refund. Just remember to bill any amount that you are out of pocket to your employer as a business expense.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
You should be able to change the destination without too much difficulty, but I would not bank on getting a refund. Just remember to bill any amount that you are out of pocket to your employer as a business expense.
Do you think if he/she could bill it that this thread would exist?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback!

So I called QR and here's the possibilities:

I would have to pay 300 USD for a full refund and cancellation.

I could also pay 250 USD plus fare difference to reschedule or change destination, I am considering if I should do this or cancel and try to find cheaper fares on other airlines, considering I bought a promotional fare, the difference could be a lot of money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.