Newbie Connections

Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Newbie Connections

Hi all, just booked LHR-DOH-HKG return in September and had some questions.

The outbound connection is 1 hour 20 minutes but we have to transfer from Qatar Airways to Cathay Pacific and wondered if it is enough time to transfer between the two airlines? Would we be able to get our boarding passes for the DOH-HkG sector at check-in at Heathrow?

I understand that the new airport is scheduled to open this year, if the flights had been transferred over to the new airport by the time of our holiday, will the transfer be any easier/quicker? With the new airport opening, will there be phased transfer of airline services from old to new or will they all transfer at a similar time? Would there ever be the possibility of Qatar Airways operating from the new airport and Cathay Pacific operating from the old airport?

Thank you for our time.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:38 pm

The transfer time at Doha is adequate. You and your baggage will be checked through at Heathrow, and given your DOH-HKG boarding passes at the same time.

The move to the new airport will be in two stages. The low cost and non connecting carriers will be first, followed by QR and the connecting airlines when phase two is implemented. The transfer process will be much smoother when the new airport is up and running. No buses!

Would there ever be the possibility of Qatar Airways operating from the new airport and Cathay Pacific operating from the old airport?

No. QR have made that totally clear.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
QR and CX code share on DOH-HKG sector.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kataka
QR and CX code share on DOH-HKG sector.
If you originally booked QR J & were involuntarily swapped over to the CX code share flight departing DOH, presumably you can no longer access the PT (not ex-DOH on QR metal)?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
I wouldn't be sure about that! If his flight is ticketed as QR 58XX or something alike (typical codeshare..), i would guess he gets access to the PT ("J" and "QR" on the ticket) even though he ultimately won't fly on QR metal. But please correct me if i'm wrong.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

We will be in Y unfortunately for these flights so there won't be access to the PT either way but for the short connection it wouldn't really have bothered me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.