Skipping a Leg

Old Mar 3, 14, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Skipping a Leg

Hi Everyone,

Am thinking of booking QR LHR-DOH-DXB return on one ticket.

However, for the return part of the leg I would not use the DXB-DOH part of the ticket as would have gotten a oneway flydubai flight a few days earlier.

Is it possible to then rock up at the airport in DOH for the DOH-LHR sector? having not boarded my flight from DXB a few hours earlier?

This would save around 200 over booking it as a multi city itinerary with a stop off in Doha.

Any advice much appreciated. I am assuming they might cancel the ticket if I no show in DXB and will therefore ban me from boarding the flight to LHR...
Old Mar 3, 14, 12:23 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
A 'no show' usually results in the rest of the ticket is cancelled.
Old Mar 3, 14, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Wing0A View Post
Any advice much appreciated. I am assuming they might cancel the ticket if I no show in DXB and will therefore ban me from boarding the flight to LHR...
If you miss any flight or sector, all remaining flights on your ticket will be automatically and irrevocably cancelled.
Old Mar 4, 14, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
What they said. The sectors must be flown in sequence. Any no-show and all the remaining sectors will be cancelled.
Old Mar 4, 14, 12:12 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
If you check luggage, they will not release the luggage unless you pay the fare difference between the original booked flight and the new final destinations.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: