Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways Launches Free Doha City Tour For Transit Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remdk
Trip report of the tour with pictures and answers to some ambiguity.

http://focusedflyer.com/2016/01/06/qatar-airways-free-doha-city-tour-review/

In post 135 of this thread Brighterside suggests that the free tours have been replaced by tours costing QAR 40. This has yet to be confirmed but be warned that changes may be happening right now.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:47 am
Used to be 'FTcadence'
Original Poster

If you ever find yourself flying through Doha on Qatar and have 5-12 hours to waste, you'll be in luck. You don't have to spend all of that time in the airport. The airline's teamed up with Qatar's Tourism Authority to offer free city tours.

The tour takes around 3 hours and includes visits to some of the key landmarks around Doha city including the Museum of Islamic Art, the Corniche, West Bay area, Katara Cultural and Heritage Village, The Pearl Qatar and Souq Waqif.
http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ne...it-passengers/
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: QR Gold
For one thing, the Doha City Bus Tour is ALWAYS empty and they might as well fill them with tourists. However, with all the roads here being Jammed due to road works, they might need 2 hours just to get to these destinations.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:41 am

Do we have to pay for the Visa? Or it's free as well?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
What about visa?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Another Sixth Freedom IDEA! implemented ... only five years after I first suggested it!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Amazing!!! I would definitely do this - do you know if it will be available for Y pax in transit as well?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Great news! I'll have a day layover in Doha this April and I'm going to explore the city before coming to the airport. Should I book a hotel for the day in case it gets too warm in your opinion?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by QatarA340
For one thing, the Doha City Bus Tour is ALWAYS empty and they might as well fill them with tourists. However, with all the roads here being Jammed due to road works, they might need 2 hours just to get to these destinations.
I was thinking at least 3. It was taking me about 1 hour to get from west bay to Aspire before I left this past summer.

Not a bad idea as I laughed everytime I would see one of those buses drive by empty or with 1 person in them. Just don't plan on getting out and walking around from April-Nov because of the heat. These are double decker buses with the top level open I think, so probably stay on the lower level and hope it is AC.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:13 pm

How about the visa requirement? Would be great to have free visa for 12 hours hehe
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:28 pm

Wish this had been implemented at Christmas ^

Have wandered around Doha for a day, future DOH transits will probably be straight through now. I dont think there's a great deal to see beyond a day trip?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by tboons
How about the visa requirement? Would be great to have free visa for 12 hours hehe
Logically I think they would provide this free as I think they provide free transit visa if they put you up for free in a hotel.

However, anytime I think something should make sense with QR somehow they manage to make it not make any sense. If I'm making any sense.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Logically I think they would provide this free as I think they provide free transit visa if they put you up for free in a hotel.

However, anytime I think something should make sense with QR somehow they manage to make it not make any sense. If I'm making any sense.
The visa fee is related with the government and not QR. QR has no control over visa fees. However, QR can liase with the gov't for a deal regarding this matter. QR is afterall owned completely by the gov't.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Am flying Bru - doh -dwc next month with 6hrs 30 min layover.
How does this work?
I have an eu citizenship.

Thanx
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by diamantaire
Am flying Bru - doh -dwc next month with 6hrs 30 min layover.
How does this work?
I have an eu citizenship.

Thanx
How does what work?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
How does what work?
I assume the the free Doha city tour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.