Wiki Posts
Search

CX, get out of Doha

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Exclamation CX, get out of Doha

I used to read posts on flyertalk without signing in because I can't be bothered to so many accounts and FFP numbers in my head. Now, I register a account just because I want to express how I am not satisfy with the code share between QR and CX at all.

I have taken QR flights for a long time and talk with so many people on-board. People like us always travel between Asia and Europe may choose Qatar Airways, why? WE ARE POOR!! We want the best service we can in economy by paying the least money. QR is my only choice in these recent years. We pay about half of CX price flying between continents and having the same standard of service or even better on QR. Smart choice isn't it?

Now, CX take over QR813 flying to HKG with their "best service", "best cabin crew of the year" and a much much higher price. How can QR do that? To be honest, what we want is just reasonable price rather than "best cabin crew". They don't sell economy restricted or promo on CX and flexible tickets are more expensive than QR. It is just like halving the number of flights for us. Not exciting isn't it.

The same problem can happen to other QR destinations. As Doha going to start its new airport which allows every aircraft sharing the same terminal not connecting with buses.

Kuala Lumpur, Berlin, London? Who will be the next victim?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:59 pm

I doubt QR will listen, or even be aware of your thoughts on this matter, if you only make them known to this forum. You'd be better off sending Akbar Al Baker an email directly, to claim an explanation to their CX extended codeshare decision.

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Feb 26, 2014 at 1:05 pm
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:31 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
That's just bollocks. If you're price sensitive , then fly another carrier that you perceive will give you the best value for your money. Businesses will do what they perceive is in their best interests for their bottom-line.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:02 pm

1. CX do offer discounted, restricted tickets.

2. If you're really that price sensitive, why are you flying direct anyway? Much cheaper options are available with a stopover.

3. Looking ahead on qr.com, the price hasn't changed a dollar.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: QR Gold
CX offers really good discount. I booked a ticket from Dubai to Australia, return business class for only $2100! I think it will be cheaper on both airlines. =)
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: NZ, QF
i don't see the point of the post. if you like QR's cheap offering, you can continue to book with them (so long as they offer it); if you book with QR, you still have a choice of two flights a day between HKG and DOH; if you fly between Asia and Europe, the connections remain the same; what's the problem?

CX's code sharing has nothing to do with how QR prices its air tickets.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by KeepDiscovering
i don't see the point of the post. if you like QR's cheap offering, you can continue to book with them (so long as they offer it); if you book with QR, you still have a choice of two flights a day between HKG and DOH; if you fly between Asia and Europe, the connections remain the same; what's the problem?

CX's code sharing has nothing to do with how QR prices its air tickets.
QR will operate one flight and CX will operate another flight. The program will be a Joint Venture, so perhaps they will have the same prices for both flights.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:15 am
Original Poster

In the future, I assume people like me will take the only QR flight not CX. As the fact that economy restricted on QR is really limit that it always sold out half year before departure. The situation will just be worse in the future because people will just occupy QR flight. Many of us will not even have the chance to purchase economy promo or even restricted. What's left is economy flexible.

p.s. I've looked up the price on QR. Economy restricted will no longer be available for travel beyond 2015. It must be something doing with CX.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by QRisthebest
In the future, I assume people like me will take the only QR flight not CX. As the fact that economy restricted on QR is really limit that it always sold out half year before departure. The situation will just be worse in the future because people will just occupy QR flight. Many of us will not even have the chance to purchase economy promo or even restricted. What's left is economy flexible.

p.s. I've looked up the price on QR. Economy restricted will no longer be available for travel beyond 2015. It must be something doing with CX.
You can only purchase tickets for one-year ahead. So, beyond 2015, (2016/7) is not available for any airline. Just wait until a few months before your travel date and re-check the tickets.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I mean ticket travelling in 2015. My fault
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
If the price stays the same, or is even slightly more, I'd happily fly CX... at least they might serve edible food on-board still.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:12 am

QR flights have been going up for peak season. unfortunately, they have decided to cut capacity to Singapore too with the B787 aircraft. this means less discounted economy tickets for me would need to book 6 months in advance for the discounted peak season fares which is abit risky!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tboons
QR flights have been going up for peak season. unfortunately, they have decided to cut capacity to Singapore too with the B787 aircraft. this means less discounted economy tickets for me would need to book 6 months in advance for the discounted peak season fares which is abit risky!
I think this will happen to HKG not soon. Not a good news for people who are price sensitive.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
If the price stays the same, or is even slightly more, I'd happily fly CX... at least they might serve edible food on-board still.
I would, but the point is it goes up not just slightly. It's about 50% more.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:37 pm

Just wondering what the business case with CX taking over one of the daily flights between HKG and DOH is, i.e. the benefits are for both airlines.

QR - Are they really losing money on this flight and therefore they decide that it's a good idea to pan one of them out to CX ? Those who choose to fly this route normally fly QR from HKG via DOH to connect to elsewhere.

CX - Would they get be getting more traffic from say those in Manila/Taipei/Mainland China who are connecting through HKG with the end destination being DOH ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.