Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar A320 Business class seats to Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold

First I want to wish you all a very happy new year full of happiness and more flying . Does anyone know how many of the Qatar A320s are fitted with the new business class seats; i.e. with IFE seat-back PTVs? Which air frames? I think those seats look similar to the ones on the A330s. Can we have a list of all the A320s with these seats? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by tokyolyon; Jan 30, 2014 at 6:29 am
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tokyolyon
First I want to wish you all a very happy new year full of happiness and more flying . Does anyone know how many of the Qatar A320s are fitted with the new business class seats; i.e. with IFE seat-back PTVs? Which air frames? I think those seats look similar to the ones on the A330s. Can we have a list of all the A320s with these seats? Thank you in advance.
I have had quite a few flights recently (the most recent 1 week ago) VCE/DOH on the A320 and in all cases they have the older seats (no seat back PTVs) with the product which is similar to what is called "Domestic F" quite often in North America.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Maybe start here: http://www.airframes.org/fleet/qtr

Many of the planes there have interior pics. But perhaps there is a quicker way of knowing...
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have had quite a few flights recently (the most recent 1 week ago) VCE/DOH on the A320 and in all cases they have the older seats (no seat back PTVs) with the product which is similar to what is called "Domestic F" quite often in North America.
Thank you for the info. It’s strange that they still have the older A320s business class seats on 6h or 7h flights to Europe. Apart from the seats is the service similar to that on the A330? Are the meals arranged one by one or on a tray like their intra gulf flights?

Last edited by tokyolyon; Jan 30, 2014 at 9:36 am
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
Maybe start here: http://www.airframes.org/fleet/qtr

Many of the planes there have interior pics. But perhaps there is a quicker way of knowing...
I have checked that site but there are no cabin interior pictures there.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:42 am

Tokyolon,

The A319s have lie-flat Recaro business class seats with PTV/AVOD

All A321s (except A7-ADY, A7-ADV) and the A320s A7-AH* series have newer cradle seats, 45" seat pitch with PTV/AVOD, in seat power plugs and connectivity.

The A320 A7-AD* series (10 aircraft) and A321s A7-ADV and A7-ADY have an older cradle seat and no PTV.

As per Business Traveller magazine there is a new flat narrow body product in the works.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for the info. It’s strange that they still have the older A320s business class seats on 6h or 7h flights to Europe. Apart from the seats is the service similar to that on the A330? Are the meals arranged one by one or on a tray like their intra gulf flights?
Service is very similar to the A330 and also is usually excellent as there are 2 FAs in business for 12 seats. Not the tray like intra gulf system.

At least on the VCE flight there is a meal served right after take off, and then you can order from a second list on demand/when you want or they will prompt you about 2 hours prior to landing.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
www.theqatarsource.com
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
My bad... guess people don't get so excited by narrowbodies... normally there are at least a few interior pics of the widebodies...
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Very uncompetitive since even Gulf Air's A320-family aircrafts assigned to Europe have flat beds in Falcon Gold.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Update?

Just booked the VCE-DOH routing on this flight as part of a DIY Ex-EU business fare. Got a very nice price compared to the routing from London, and I can get a cheap flight to VCE.

I'm assuming the seats are still the same as shown in this thread. For the price I can live with it, considering it's a day flight only 5 hours long. But anyone know if it's been updated?

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SCSA
Just booked the VCE-DOH routing on this flight as part of a DIY Ex-EU business fare. Got a very nice price compared to the routing from London, and I can get a cheap flight to VCE.

I'm assuming the seats are still the same as shown in this thread. For the price I can live with it, considering it's a day flight only 5 hours long. But anyone know if it's been updated?

Thanks
Latest flights I have had ex-VCE (including this week) have the new lie flats on the day flight to DOH.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks, Travelsig. Something to look forward too then
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SCSA
Thanks, Travelsig. Something to look forward too then
It isn't guaranteed- my luck has been quite good with the VCE flight lately- in any event for the day flights and generally a shorter flying time than sked (usually around 30-45 minutes less) it is OK in any case. Very good service. Marco Polo lounge at VCE OK with a good viewing terrace.

Last edited by TRAVELSIG; Nov 6, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Latest flights I have had ex-VCE (including this week) have the new lie flats on the day flight to DOH.
The 320s that have 132 seats (instead of 144), distinguishable on a seatmap by the last row of Y being row 28 (instead of 30), have lie-flat horizontal B/E Diamond seats.

I believe QR is installing these seats on 9 of their 32 320s; this is in order to be competitive on their European service. Lie-flat makes a difference on a 6+ hour flight, especially if you're connecting from/to a long-haul.

I see this configuration regularly scheduled for the MXP route as well.
Originally Posted by peterdudas
It does not seem to be updated with the latest seat maps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.