Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

companion ticket, want to change but agents can't find rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:40 am
wpj
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold

I ticketed a companion fare out of CAI, need to change dates for later in the year.

Called the call centre but they could not find the fare rules, agent told me she will ask tariff desk and call back and never did.

any suggestions?

ps: first time dealing with QR.. not familiar with the whole process.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: Privilege Club
it usually happen that some fares conditions are not loaded into the GDS system and it might take a while for the Tariff department to reply.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by AlexCM
it usually happen that some fares conditions are not loaded into the GDS system and it might take a while for the Tariff department to reply.
Sorry I find this unacceptable. When a ticket can be issued , the fare rules and conditions should be on QR's GDS system. What's the point of loading the fare rules 'later' ?

Its not the first time this has happened. The QR GDS don't seem to have all the fare rules themselves.

I issued a ticket for a friend travelling between MAN and DXB in 2007. I flew in from FRA to meet her. When we needed to change the date for an earlier departure, the res agent on the phone could not find the rules of the fare and told us to just go to the airport. At the airport, the ticketing agents also could not find the rules of the fare and accused us for buying a fraudulent ticket. The ticket was issued through my host agency on Sabre. When my initial call went through to the call centre, they had inadvertently 'locked' the reservation from my host agency and further changes must be processed through QR, they said.

The agent just said that the fare does not exist. I asked them to look through their historical fare data as the fare existed for a period of time and did not probably exist at the time of the departure, and guess what, they did not know how ! They just said that the fare does not exist. And pushed us to buy a new ticket if we wanted to leave early.

We did. On Turkish Airlines. It was cheaper and the fare was just straight forward. My friend has refused to fly on QR again. This was her first economy class trip. She flew mainly in Business Class previously.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jan 25, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Sorry I find this unacceptable. When a ticket can be issued , the fare rules and conditions should be on QR's GDS system. What's the point of loading the fare rules 'later' ?

Its not the first time this has happened. The QR GDS don't seem to have all the fare rules themselves.

I issued a ticket for a friend travelling between MAN and DXB in 2007. I flew in from FRA to meet her. When we needed to change the date for an earlier departure, the res agent on the phone could not find the rules of the fare and told us to just go to the airport. At the airport, the ticketing agents also could not find the rules of the fare and accused us for buying a fraudulent ticket. The ticket was issued through my host agency on Sabre. When my initial call went through to the call centre, they had inadvertently 'locked' the reservation from my host agency and further changes must be processed through QR, they said.

The agent just said that the fare does not exist. I asked them to look through their historical fare data as the fare existed for a period of time and did not probably exist at the time of the departure, and guess what, they did not know how ! They just said that the fare does not exist. And pushed us to buy a new ticket if we wanted to leave early.

We did. On Turkish Airlines. It was cheaper and the fare was just straight forward. My friend has refused to fly on QR again. This was her first economy class trip. She flew mainly in Business Class previously.
Don't think this is a QR thing. I had a similar issue with AA last year Booked through Expedia a promotional fare on BA/EK metal, neither expedia nor AA could find the 'historical fares' when I wanted to upgrade the inbound to F and ended up booking me in F and J on the same flight and on other BA flights without reissuing/revalidating the ticket or reverting it back to the original booking as availability was gone.

This caused me to nearly miss by BOS-LHR and LHR-DXB flights. I lost my preferred seat assignments for both flights and was asked by EK in LHR to pay up 1800GBP if I wanted to board the flight. Thankfully BA and EK staff at both locations worked it out as per my original ticket (wasting about 30 min at each airport).
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Don't think this is a QR thing. I had a similar issue with AA last year Booked through Expedia a promotional fare on BA/EK metal, neither expedia nor AA could find the 'historical fares' when I wanted to upgrade the inbound to F and ended up booking me in F and J on the same flight and on other BA flights without reissuing/revalidating the ticket or reverting it back to the original booking as availability was gone.

This caused me to nearly miss by BOS-LHR and LHR-DXB flights. I lost my preferred seat assignments for both flights and was asked by EK in LHR to pay up 1800GBP if I wanted to board the flight. Thankfully BA and EK staff at both locations worked it out as per my original ticket (wasting about 30 min at each airport).
This is completely irrelevant.. you have a ticket issued by EK or BA on a special promotional fare by EK/BA. Why on earth were you contacting AA ?? And Expedia phone agents are clueless to anything that involves reticketing.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:27 pm
wpj
Original Poster

txs for the answers, I need some more help with this.

after 2 calls to call centre and 1 attempt to the toronto office in person (they send me back to call centre)
, an agent today told me my ticket has a 250$ change per person, + fare difference even if I can find same inventory.

below are the rules I found on the e-ticket it does not say per person nor the fare difference.

Fare: BIZCOM2
Changes Before departure USD250
Changes After departure USD250
Cancellation Before departure Not Permitted.
Cancellation after departure Not Permitted
No Show Not Permitted
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:00 pm

The fare difference is normal and to be expected in any change one might make oneself. The fact that the fare rules could not be accessed in the original instance is a different issue altogether but pertinent to this extent. There is no question you will pay $250 plus change on one ticket. But in the instance of a companion fare, the rules on the other ticket are ambiguous.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:42 pm
wpj
Original Poster

txs, about fare class it says this:

"If the originally purchased booking class is not available, upgrade to a higher booking class has to be paid."

Im looking same booking classes (A,D) for the new dates Im trying to change, even that.. it's triggering fare difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.