Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways new A380 First Class - any update?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways new A380 First Class - any update?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:22 am

What flight numbers will the A380 operate to LHR? QR1/2 ?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:40 am

Nicer renderings courtesy of Qatar Airways.

Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75

All of this hush hush noise about their A380 first being the best in the air. I am disappoint.

The renderings look a lot better (warmer/organic) than the reality, which looks very clinical like a surgeon's table.

Also are the middle seats narrower than the window seats?

Last edited by YouGeeElWhy; Mar 5, 2014 at 7:58 am
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:07 am

YouGeeElWhy,

To me it looks like just the lens that is distorting the seat width. I think the difference is in the lighting, in the photo it is at full brightness, and they almost always have a warmer light setting, at least in the premium cabins.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Just some details...
  • It will contain eight seats/beds, which will be the widest and largest in the air once the aircraft is launched.
  • Each first class seat will feature a 90-inch pitch and transform into a fully-flat bed.
  • The IFE screen, too, will be the largest currently offered at 26-inches wide (see above).
  • There will be an exclusive first class lounge on board and a "dining for two" option in which passengers can sit opposite one another.
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...80-first-class

Last edited by FTcadence; Mar 5, 2014 at 9:14 am
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
When will this be launched?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC, Aeroplan
I like the colour combination personally.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
YouGeeElWhy,

To me it looks like just the lens that is distorting the seat width. I think the difference is in the lighting, in the photo it is at full brightness, and they almost always have a warmer light setting, at least in the premium cabins.
Definitely lens distortion. It looks like the photo was taken with an ultra wideangle, which means edges in close proximity are stretched a lot compared to the center.

Looking at that same photo, you can see that the window/aisle seats on the left aisle side are much more comparable in width.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
Worse than Etihad, Emirates, and Singapore Air which all have suites with high walls and doors which close for much more privacy. Big fail for Qatar if they are trying to compete against the other gulf carriers. Can't wait to see Etihad's A380.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy

All of this hush hush noise about their A380 first being the best in the air. I am disappoint.

The renderings look a lot better (warmer/organic) than the reality, which looks very clinical like a surgeon's table.

Also are the middle seats narrower than the window seats?
i think it's just an image problem - the window seat at the very end is very narrow. hah
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Originally Posted by GeneralVeers
Worse than Etihad, Emirates, and Singapore Air which all have suites with high walls and doors which close for much more privacy. Big fail for Qatar if they are trying to compete against the other gulf carriers. Can't wait to see Etihad's A380.
Pray tell, who exactly will be looking at you, other than perhaps the occasional passing stewardess?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege
Completely agree. Absence of enclosed suites is a big let down, especially for F customers. Etihad hopefully will get it right.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
Pray tell, who exactly will be looking at you, other than perhaps the occasional passing stewardess?
A fully enclosed suite with private doors does dampen the noise and light from the galley and other passengers. When you're paying big bucks (or miles) for these seats, privacy is important.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:52 pm

and Asiana. I agree, Qatar's hard product is probably the weakest of the bunch.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:01 pm

some people like suites, some don't. i'm not sure about this but i'd assume the airine would get it right. like for example with thai they chose not to do closed doors cuz customers didn't like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.