Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Help please. Qatar Airways Canceling my Ticket.

Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:34 am
Original Poster

On Sunday, I booked a flight direct on an airline website and paid for all the fees. I received the email confirmation and a separate email for the e-ticket. I also managed my account online and selected my seats.

Today the airline sent me an email telling me that
"We regret having to confirm that due to a recent technical error in our system, we are unable to confirm your reservation with reference code ...."

I already have the ticket so I thought that the good is sold as you say if you buy the item in the shop. The airline is offering me 50% off on any base fare for the intended journey but I would still be worse off.

What leg do I stand on? Can I tell them no, they have sold it already and taken the payment from my card. I don't want to risk going to the airport and they cancelled my ticket!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I think it would depend if the PNR was actually ticketed. Was there an actual ticket number generated for this reservation? If so, many contracts of carriage would obligate the airline to re-ticket you at no additional charge.

OTOH, if it was a "mistake fare" airlines sometimes offer discounts for re-booking.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:53 am
Original Poster

I received an e-ticket but I don't see PNR on that email. So I have an e-ticket number and the booking reference. Does that mean a PNR was generated?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:55 am

Qatar Airways ?

Don't think you have much of a leg to stand on, but I would be interested to know if anyone else thinks you have a better chance and why.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

It would help if you provided more details. In what country was the ticket purchased? What airline? What route? What fare?

The PNR identifier is typically a six-character code; it might be the "reference code" mentioned in the carrier's Email.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Suggest you post in the particular airline forum. There may be other people in the same situation.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:16 am
Original Poster

It's purchased online and I am based in the UK. Yes it's Qatar and I booked 2 business class flight!

Yes I have the 6 character code which I think is the PNR.

I just saw another person posted on the Qatar website.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:22 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
What route?

Do you genuinely think it was a mistake fare?

EDIT: Sounds like it was this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...r-booking.html

50% off on any fare is pretty generous after cancelling a mistake fare.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:44 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is focused on Qatar Airways, I'll move it to that airline's forum for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:45 am

same thing is happening to me right now. im standing my ground.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
You will likely be standing on the ground;-)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:47 pm

Exclamation Help - qatar have cancelled my flight booking

Hi All

Im new and desperately need help! I booked a flight for my son with qatar airways online on 21st April for him to fly Manchester-Perth on 13th May. I paid for the flight on my credit card and received an authorisation text from my card issuer to securely make the payment. I received a flight confirmation email and etickets for the flight. I went online with the booking reference and provided all his passport details etc and booked seats.

2 days later I received an email from Qatar saying that due to technical issues, my booking was not confirmed and I needed to rebook and pay an additional 250 GBP. I emailed them back with copies of my confirmation and tickets and said i thought they were mistaken. I also rang the Qatar Perth office who checked the booking and told me it all looked fine and it was probably just an error.

Today i received another email from Qatar which ignored all the information I had sent them and gave me a new booking reference and 48 hours to pay the additional money. The new booking is for exactly the same flight on the same date and time. Obviously I dont want to pay the extra for a booking they had already confirmed and issued tickets on! Have they breached my sale contract with them by doing what they have done and do I have to pay the extra money to get the same ticket??

Many thanks

Donna
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try phoning Qatar in Perth again
Has the charge gone on to your credit card ? (phone your credit card provider)

May be the problem is the same as here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...r-booking.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...my-ticket.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 25, 2013 at 9:00 pm
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:24 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, donnastrudders!

Sorry to hear about your ticketing problems. To get you the best information and feedback, we'll move your thread over to the Qatar Airways forum.

/JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
QR had technical problems with their booking site on Sunday. You only paid taxes, but not the fare.

I assume QR has only made a 'reservation' on your credit card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.