Wiki Posts
Search

Nested Bookings Conundrum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Nested Bookings Conundrum

So on the back of my questions around pivoting to EK.

I have an "outside" trip as follows
MRS-MAD-DOH-AUH<inside trip here>AUH-DOH-MAD-MRS
The "inside" trip is as follows
AUH-DOH-JNB-DOH-AUH

I do not want to cancel and rebook because I had snagged avios seats on the outside trip.
Is there anyway on my JNB-DOH-AUH to just stop in DOH and shorten my trip or do I have to fly to AUH and then back to DOH again.

Its a long shot, but unfortunately the inside trip came long after and it just seems counter intuitive to have to do JNB-DOH-AUH-DOH-MAD-MRS instead of JNB-DOH-MAD-MRS.

edit: Or alternatively can I check my luggage on the JNB-DOH-AUH + AUH-DOH-MAD-MRS in Johannesburg so that I do not have to collect in Abu Dhabi
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:32 am

You can't do what you are asking with the ticketing, you would effectively have to amend and reticket both affected journeys, possibly at some expense and subject to availability. You might have got away with dropping the last sector without any checked bags but you wouldn't get away with dropping the first sector on the next journey, with or without checked bags.

You also can not check your bags as suggested as you can't have the same airport listed twice on the same tags. That's not just a QR thing.

But on the upside, Abu Dhabi is nice at this/that time of year
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
yikes. thanks for the feedback.
I ll spend the day in AUH and just consider this to be one of the most intense flying sessions I have ever done. It essentially means I will fly over a three day period and break a personal record of 7 sectors back to back.

hopefully the first and last time.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
1 - I don’t really think that’s possible

2 - it’s even less possible when you add in QR customer service/call centre

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.