Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by tia2013
Just thought i would report back as my journey has been completed.
We had been given STPC on both outbound and inbound as we had a 19hr outbound and 20hr stop inbound,i had been warned that Qatar might cancel one of these as STPC was only being granted for oneway.Pleased to say that both stops were given on the STPC no problems at all,we stayed at the Oryx,really enjoyed the stop and Qatar gave us a very generous meal allowance,only slight issue was on arrival in Doha we were asked to get on a bus to go to the hotel said bus was jammed packed, at this point i was very tired and hot and told the guy this is not a very premium experience is it at which point he magically phoned for a car to take us!
At hotel checkin the guy next to me checking in was on a short stop of 8.5hrs i do not know what class he was flying in but was told that sorry Qatar have not paid for any meal allowances for you and anything consumed would be charged.
Flying class doesn't matter, it's long enough for a hotel but not meals. Think it needs to be over 11 hours for meals to be included.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
Flying class doesn't matter, it's long enough for a hotel but not meals. Think it needs to be over 11 hours for meals to be included.
Ok thanks,just thought id mention it incase it was useful to anyone else.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver
QR DOH Hotel

Hi,

Looking for some advice, flying BRU-DOH-CPT return in J in October, the return gives us an 8 hour 35 min layover in DOH. I noted on the website, that certain fares are eligible to receive a free hotel stay courtesy of QR.

We are travelling on a R class ticket, which makes me suspect we wont be eligible however there was no alternative flight available from memory. I have looked over their website and the wiki pages but I cant seem to see anything about how I actually call up to see if we are eligible ?

On another note anyone stayed here, presuming its a bit different to your bog standard airport hotel ?

Cheers
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:24 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Safc0615
Hi,

Looking for some advice, flying BRU-DOH-CPT return in J in October, the return gives us an 8 hour 35 min layover in DOH. I noted on the website, that certain fares are eligible to receive a free hotel stay courtesy of QR.

We are travelling on a R class ticket, which makes me suspect we wont be eligible however there was no alternative flight available from memory. I have looked over their website and the wiki pages but I cant seem to see anything about how I actually call up to see if we are eligible ?

On another note anyone stayed here, presuming its a bit different to your bog standard airport hotel ?

Cheers
Can't help with your eligibility question regarding the hotel accommodation, but we ended up spending about 6 hours in the Business Lounge due to a missed flight connection last month. Even though the lounge is massive, it wasn't very pleasant trying to sleep in chairs for that long, especially when tired. They do have about 10 cubicles in one corner of the lounge with loungers, but they were all taken, when we arrived at 2am. They tried the Airport hotel for us, but we were informed that it was fully booked and it wasn't really practical time wise to go outside to a hotel due to visas, travel times and check-in, etc. Have since checked with the Airport hotel and they informed me that they are full every night and you have to book at least 2 to 4 weeks in advance to be sure of a reservation. If I have a long stopover in future, I would book the airport hotel. You have probably seen this page from Qatar Airways website, but it seems to indicate that you have to ring them to see if your fare is eligible for the complimentary hotel accommodation:
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page
Seems like they may transport guests to hotels outside the airport.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:03 am

Safc0615 without dates and flight numbers it is impossible to help you. However I can say that if your return flight from CPT starts on a Thursday then there are shorter connections available and you do not qualify.
You are in ticket class R and unless the fare rules for your booking specifically forbid the free stopover then you qualify on that count.
There are a number of conditions to be fulfilled to qualify for free accommodation (STPC).
Look at the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post28119562 for details.

The hotel that QR usually uses is the Oryx Rotana, near the old airport and close to the Souq Wajif and the Museum of Islamic Art. The airport hotel is seldom used.

I will shortly ask the moderators to move these post to the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post28119562 thread where you will find a wealth of information.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver
Many thanks for the help!!!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:00 pm

Hi, noob question here.

I'm flying QR304 from HEL to DOH on Oct 21, connecting to QR818 DOH to HKG on Oct 22.

I've called QR and they say I am eligible for STPC. I've handed over my passport numbers and all other details, but haven't received a voucher of any sort. It's been two days since I called.

Should I follow up and ask for the voucher again? Or is this wait normal?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:48 pm

carmy welcome to the QR forum.

The 'standard' reply time for STPC is 72 hours. Wait two days more and then follow up.
It is nearly six months until your flights so there is plenty of time.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Is QR still enforcing the "directional ticket value above USD 400"? What happens if they don't know what the value is if it's not on their ticket stock?

I see some N fares that are sometimes borderline $400.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
Is QR still enforcing the "directional ticket value above USD 400"? What happens if they don't know what the value is if it's not on their ticket stock?

I see some N fares that are sometimes borderline $400.
keitherson this information is on your PNR record in the database. You have access to it via MMB. It is also on most documents, such as your E-ticket receipt.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Do I qualify for the STPC for my ticket like this? I don't see any shorter connection.

ARN/DOH 19th of May '17 QR172 arrival at DOH 05.25am
DOH/KBV 20th of May '17 QR824 dip. at DOH 08.40 pm

booking class is R
Old May 1, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by no_idea
Do I qualify for the STPC for my ticket like this? I don't see any shorter connection.

ARN/DOH 19th of May '17 QR172 arrival at DOH 05.25am
DOH/KBV 20th of May '17 QR824 dip. at DOH 08.40 pm

booking class is R
no_idea there is no shorter connection the same day but there is a shorter connection the next morning getting you to KBV at the same time so you do not qualify for STPC on that condition.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by remdk
no_idea there is no shorter connection the same day but there is a shorter connection the next morning getting you to KBV at the same time so you do not qualify for STPC on that condition.
remdk, now it's for all the transit passengers.
http://www.qatarairways.com/be/en/pr...ease_plusqatar
Old May 1, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
"During the summer". May is not during the summer.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:30 pm

Thanks for posting - dying for the detail. eg when does it start?, will it apply to existing tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.