Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I got a complimentary STPC for a long layover (arriving 1:10 am and departing 8:20 pm) in Melia hotel. Regular check out time in Melia is 12:00 noon. Does anybody know if late check out is possible for STPC? Any suggestions for spending the afternoon in Doha would also be appreciated.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by toz100
I got a complimentary STPC for a long layover (arriving 1:10 am and departing 8:20 pm) in Melia hotel. Regular check out time in Melia is 12:00 noon. Does anybody know if late check out is possible for STPC? Any suggestions for spending the afternoon in Doha would also be appreciated.
toz100 QR have special arrangements with hotels for STPC and check-out is usually just before the scheduled transport back to the airport. I think this is about two hours before flight departure. It may vary but you will be informed of the hotel departure time when you are taken to the hotel.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:09 am

If you have STPC but your incoming flight is delayed, dropping the actual connection just below 8 hours will Qatar still provide the hotel?

Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:52 am

Plu2370 according to the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html, which is an almost exact copy of the documents you received when STPC was granted, 'If your transit stay (from the scheduled time of the arrival flight to the scheduled time of the departure flight)'.
So delays do not affect STPC.
But I would imagine that in the case of delays QR have a minimum time that a hotel could be of use.
For example you are delayed six hours incoming on a ten hour connection. By the time you got to the hotel it would be nearly time to return to the airport. Besides letting you see parts of Doha from a hotel bus what use is STPC to you in that case?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:04 am

Thanks remdk, even with the delay should still have 7+ hours between flights so will probably still use the hotel.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: United 1K MM, QR Platinum
I have the Oryx confirmed for a transfer of 8 hours and 5 minutes next month - I've tried calling QR to ask for the Airport Hotel but have been advised it's not available - possible? Is there any advice on how to change this to the airport hotel? It would save time and I could probably use the pool.. I've tried on arrival at the transfer desk in Doha but that never seems to work. Thanks!

Originally Posted by remdk
toz100 QR have special arrangements with hotels for STPC and check-out is usually just before the scheduled transport back to the airport. I think this is about two hours before flight departure. It may vary but you will be informed of the hotel departure time when you are taken to the hotel.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by united78
I have the Oryx confirmed for a transfer of 8 hours and 5 minutes next month - I've tried calling QR to ask for the Airport Hotel but have been advised it's not available - possible? Is there any advice on how to change this to the airport hotel? It would save time and I could probably use the pool.. I've tried on arrival at the transfer desk in Doha but that never seems to work. Thanks!
united78 there are a number of factors to take into account here.
1) QR have only a limited number of rooms available in the airport hotel
2) Hotel reservations are made by QR some days in advance and it is difficult to change hotel at the last minute.
3) The airport hotel is very busy and expensive so QR would rather use the Oryx Rotana, which it owns.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: United 1K MM, QR Platinum
Got it, many thanks for the reply.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm unsure about whether we are entitled to STPC and would like the learned FTers' opinion before calling QR:

1) We are booked CAI-DOH-DPS, leaving CAI at 19.20 arriving at DOH at 23.25, leaving again at 08.30 with a transit time of 9h05

2) There is no shorter connection between our flights (ie neither a better connection with our first flight, nor a better connection to our connecting flight)

3) There would be a connection of <8h leaving on the same day at 1.10am (ie 18 hours earlier) but that would make us arrive at DPS one day too early and we could not fly that early anyway (in practice, it is really leaving the night before).

My sense is that we are eligible. Am I correct? Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm unsure about whether we are entitled to STPC and would like the learned FTers' opinion before calling QR:

1) We are booked CAI-DOH-DPS, leaving CAI at 19.20 arriving at DOH at 23.25, leaving again at 08.30 with a transit time of 9h05

2) There is no shorter connection between our flights (ie neither a better connection with our first flight, nor a better connection to our connecting flight)

3) There would be a connection of <8h leaving on the same day at 1.10am (ie 18 hours earlier) but that would make us arrive at DPS one day too early and we could not fly that early anyway (in practice, it is really leaving the night before).

My sense is that we are eligible. Am I correct? Thanks!
orbitmic since you give no dates then it is difficult to give an answer.
However taking the first available dates (1-7 April) there is a daily shorter connection with a connection time of 3.30. QR962. Based on that you do not qualify for STPC.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
DELETE
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Just wanted to draw on FT's wisdom on a disheartening CS response to a request for STPC.

I was told I was ineligible for the STPC as, whilst my flight to Tokyo Haneda was eligible, I could have booked a flight to Tokyo Narita which would have led to a <8 hour connection in Doha. The airports might be in the same city, but they're hardly the same destination. Should I try calling again?

Apologies if this has already been answered above...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:15 am
R2

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Just wanted to draw on FT's wisdom on a disheartening CS response to a request for STPC.

I was told I was ineligible for the STPC as, whilst my flight to Tokyo Haneda was eligible, I could have booked a flight to Tokyo Narita which would have led to a <8 hour connection in Doha. The airports might be in the same city, but they're hardly the same destination. Should I try calling again?

Apologies if this has already been answered above...
I have no experience requesting STPC to/from TYO but I often fly to/from Manila and use both MNL and CRK. While CRK is not really a Manila airport QR does call it Manila (CRK) as opposed to Manila (MNL) as if they were two airports of the same city.

I was never refused STPC based on the logic they gave you. I would call again.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Interesting. Yes, agree that you should call again. This certainly hasn't been the case with NRT/HND before - so unless something has changed recently then you were given the wrong information.

If you're on the recent very low "Sake" sale fare though, be aware that these may not meet minimum ticket spend requirements for the STPC.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just thought i would report back as my journey has been completed.
We had been given STPC on both outbound and inbound as we had a 19hr outbound and 20hr stop inbound,i had been warned that Qatar might cancel one of these as STPC was only being granted for oneway.Pleased to say that both stops were given on the STPC no problems at all,we stayed at the Oryx,really enjoyed the stop and Qatar gave us a very generous meal allowance,only slight issue was on arrival in Doha we were asked to get on a bus to go to the hotel said bus was jammed packed, at this point i was very tired and hot and told the guy this is not a very premium experience is it at which point he magically phoned for a car to take us!
At hotel checkin the guy next to me checking in was on a short stop of 8.5hrs i do not know what class he was flying in but was told that sorry Qatar have not paid for any meal allowances for you and anything consumed would be charged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.