Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by FoggyBridges
How do you know what your ticketing class is, if you haven't gotten your E-ticket numbers yet??
Qatar is telling me I need to pay $125 for my stopover, want to be sure that's correct
I have received a "E-Ticket receipt" and an email-confirmation about my booking. On both confirmation the Class "N" is printed.

After i have called the telephone hotline and told them i would like to ask if possible to have an accomodation ect. because transit time is 11 hours they told me i will receive the voucher in some days by email. But i received the voucher already some hours after my phone call.

No one said i have to pay something. I also ask for a free accomodation. On the voucher there is also no indication about any price or something i have to pay for the service.

One more interesting thing is:

On the voucher they write if transit time is more than 11 hours, i wuold also receive a certain money coupon at the airport Doha which i can reedem for a meal in the hotel. Any meal in excess of the given value will be required to be paid directly by the guest.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Crisu69
On the voucher they write if transit time is more than 11 hours, i wuold also receive a certain money coupon at the airport Doha which i can reedem for a meal in the hotel. Any meal in excess of the given value will be required to be paid directly by the guest.
That is the new standard it seems..
anyone can confirm that under 11 hours there's NO MORE meal voucher at all?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zehbra
That is the new standard it seems..
anyone can confirm that under 11 hours there's NO MORE meal voucher at all?
That's right - for stopovers less than 11 hours, no meal voucher.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:19 pm
Suspended

flying ARN - DEL, M class, layover in DOH for 15 hrs, i suppose the accommodation should be free right ? anyone can confirm ?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by dehetoxic
flying ARN - DEL, M class, layover in DOH for 15 hrs, i suppose the accommodation should be free right ? anyone can confirm ?
NO.
you are flying QR172/QR564 but there is a shorter connection QR168/QR574.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Qatar newbie question

What does STPC actually stand for and how does one request it (online or by phone)?
We are flying in business (U with AA miles) ORD-DOH-CPT and have a 8 hour & 10 minutes layover. Do we even qualify for this? Are the complimentary city tours only in the daytime?
TIA
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by Paulchili
What does STPC actually stand for
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/STPC
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:21 am

We are flying in business (U with AA miles) ORD-DOH-CPT and have a 8 hour & 10 minutes layover. Do we even qualify for this? Are the complimentary city tours only in the daytime?
TIA
No, award flights do not qualify for STPC (not free one, you can pay QR for it ($100 or $150 per person I think, depending on the class of service).

There is a tour at 7:30p I think.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by iztok
No, award flights do not qualify for STPC (not free one, you can pay QR for it ($100 or $150 per person I think, depending on the class of service).

I'm paying for my flight and still paying $125... with a 21hr layover. Can't figure out why this is though.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by FoggyBridges
I'm paying for my flight and still paying $125... with a 21hr layover. Can't figure out why this is though.
Perhaps shorter connection is available.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by iztok

Thank you.
Do I have to pre-book the city tour or just book it after arrival?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Thank you.
Do I have to pre-book the city tour or just book it after arrival?
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...city-tour.page

Terms & Conditions
Prebooking is not required.
The tour will take approximately two hours and 45 minutes and visit the Museum of Islamic Art, Katara Cultural Centre, the Pearl-Qatar, and Souq Waqif.
An English speaking guide will accompany the tour and guests will be provided with a bottle of mineral water.
Eligibility is subject to immigration approval and is available on a first come, first served basis.
The tour is available to customers with a transit time of 5-12 hours who arrive in Doha between 04:00-19:00 local time (GMT +3).
Additional terms and conditions apply. Please check with the Doha City Tour staff for eligibility.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:50 am

Thank you for that info.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:29 am
mgi

Hello,

Can somebody advise me on what hotels they typically use for J passengers for STPC and is the transfer by shuttle/bus with multiple stops on the way? It is an award reservation so I will have to pay $150 for the STPC hence am debating whether to use the STPC or just book the hotel myself. I called them and they said they cant let me know the hotel in advance for some reason.

Thanks,
MGI
Old May 4, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by mgi
Hello,

Can somebody advise me on what hotels they typically use for J passengers for STPC and is the transfer by shuttle/bus with multiple stops on the way? It is an award reservation so I will have to pay $150 for the STPC hence am debating whether to use the STPC or just book the hotel myself. I called them and they said they cant let me know the hotel in advance for some reason.

Thanks,
MGI
The hotel is Oryx Rotana and the shuttle is only one stop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.