FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   The QR STPC (stopover) policy? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1448913-qr-stpc-stopover-policy.html)

Crisu69 Apr 24, 2015 12:08 am

Originally Posted by FoggyBridges (Post 24710724)
How do you know what your ticketing class is, if you haven't gotten your E-ticket numbers yet??
Qatar is telling me I need to pay $125 for my stopover, want to be sure that's correct

I have received a "E-Ticket receipt" and an email-confirmation about my booking. On both confirmation the Class "N" is printed.

After i have called the telephone hotline and told them i would like to ask if possible to have an accomodation ect. because transit time is 11 hours they told me i will receive the voucher in some days by email. But i received the voucher already some hours after my phone call.

No one said i have to pay something. I also ask for a free accomodation. On the voucher there is also no indication about any price or something i have to pay for the service.

One more interesting thing is:

On the voucher they write if transit time is more than 11 hours, i wuold also receive a certain money coupon at the airport Doha which i can reedem for a meal in the hotel. Any meal in excess of the given value will be required to be paid directly by the guest.

zehbra Apr 24, 2015 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69 (Post 24712720)
On the voucher they write if transit time is more than 11 hours, i wuold also receive a certain money coupon at the airport Doha which i can reedem for a meal in the hotel. Any meal in excess of the given value will be required to be paid directly by the guest.

That is the new standard it seems..
anyone can confirm that under 11 hours there's NO MORE meal voucher at all?

beardoc Apr 24, 2015 4:25 am

Originally Posted by zehbra (Post 24712748)
That is the new standard it seems..
anyone can confirm that under 11 hours there's NO MORE meal voucher at all?

That's right - for stopovers less than 11 hours, no meal voucher.

FlyerTalker0101 Apr 24, 2015 2:19 pm

flying ARN - DEL, M class, layover in DOH for 15 hrs, i suppose the accommodation should be free right ? anyone can confirm ?

remdk Apr 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by dehetoxic (Post 24715976)
flying ARN - DEL, M class, layover in DOH for 15 hrs, i suppose the accommodation should be free right ? anyone can confirm ?

NO.
you are flying QR172/QR564 but there is a shorter connection QR168/QR574.

Paulchili Apr 27, 2015 9:17 am

Qatar newbie question

What does STPC actually stand for and how does one request it (online or by phone)?
We are flying in business (U with AA miles) ORD-DOH-CPT and have a 8 hour & 10 minutes layover. Do we even qualify for this? Are the complimentary city tours only in the daytime?
TIA

iztok Apr 27, 2015 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 24727247)
What does STPC actually stand for

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/STPC

iztok Apr 27, 2015 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 24727247)
We are flying in business (U with AA miles) ORD-DOH-CPT and have a 8 hour & 10 minutes layover. Do we even qualify for this? Are the complimentary city tours only in the daytime?
TIA

No, award flights do not qualify for STPC (not free one, you can pay QR for it ($100 or $150 per person I think, depending on the class of service).

There is a tour at 7:30p I think.

FoggyBridges Apr 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by iztok (Post 24727563)
No, award flights do not qualify for STPC (not free one, you can pay QR for it ($100 or $150 per person I think, depending on the class of service).

I'm paying for my flight and still paying $125... with a 21hr layover. Can't figure out why this is though.

iztok Apr 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by FoggyBridges (Post 24729305)
I'm paying for my flight and still paying $125... with a 21hr layover. Can't figure out why this is though.

Perhaps shorter connection is available.

Paulchili Apr 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by iztok (Post 24727563)

Thank you.
Do I have to pre-book the city tour or just book it after arrival?

beardoc Apr 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 24735220)
Thank you.
Do I have to pre-book the city tour or just book it after arrival?

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...city-tour.page

Terms & Conditions
Prebooking is not required.
The tour will take approximately two hours and 45 minutes and visit the Museum of Islamic Art, Katara Cultural Centre, the Pearl-Qatar, and Souq Waqif.
An English speaking guide will accompany the tour and guests will be provided with a bottle of mineral water.
Eligibility is subject to immigration approval and is available on a first come, first served basis.
The tour is available to customers with a transit time of 5-12 hours who arrive in Doha between 04:00-19:00 local time (GMT +3).
Additional terms and conditions apply. Please check with the Doha City Tour staff for eligibility.

Paulchili Apr 30, 2015 9:50 am

Originally Posted by beardoc (Post 24736680)

Thank you for that info.:)

mgi May 4, 2015 9:29 am

Hello,

Can somebody advise me on what hotels they typically use for J passengers for STPC and is the transfer by shuttle/bus with multiple stops on the way? It is an award reservation so I will have to pay $150 for the STPC hence am debating whether to use the STPC or just book the hotel myself. I called them and they said they cant let me know the hotel in advance for some reason.

Thanks,
MGI

sexten May 4, 2015 9:49 am

Originally Posted by mgi (Post 24762768)
Hello,

Can somebody advise me on what hotels they typically use for J passengers for STPC and is the transfer by shuttle/bus with multiple stops on the way? It is an award reservation so I will have to pay $150 for the STPC hence am debating whether to use the STPC or just book the hotel myself. I called them and they said they cant let me know the hotel in advance for some reason.

Thanks,
MGI

The hotel is Oryx Rotana and the shuttle is only one stop.