Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Free STPC is available only for:

Economy – “N” & above on both segments of the transit O&D (Origin and Destination).
or
Business – “I” & above on both segments of the transit O&D.
or
First – “A” & above on both segments of the transit O&D.

and

If there is no immediate [scheduled] connection on the date of departure from origin then complimentary STPC is permitted.

----

Paid-for STPC is only available if QR has "an immediate connecting flight but that is fully booked in all the RBDs of the desired cabin" and you are booked on "the next best connection between 8 to 24 hours".

This seems confusing and I read it to mean that if you have a long connection because you're buying 'I' (for example) and you're not taking the short connection because that flight is sold out in 'I', if that flight still has seats in the J-cabin (i.e. it is not "fully booked in all the RBDs of the desired cabin") you are not eligible for any type of STPC.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:24 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Sorry hillrider, I don't think I'll really take this up but just curious.

If my DOH transit is:

14Oct CX645 HKG-DOH Arr 2250
15Oct QR771 DOH-GRU Dep 0825

I redeemed the tickets with CX Asia Miles and the booking class is U for the whole tix.

There is a later flight QR815 HKG-DOH Arr 04:50. But QR won't let me through ticket that with my QR771 no matter how hard Asia Miles tries.

Will I be eligible for paid STPC?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Many thanks for a useful thread. I have one question: if I take the next flight DOH-SAW and it's 8+ hours away, might Qatar deny me a transit hotel because there was an earlier DOH-IST flight? I.e. same city, different airport. Not sure if they are considered co-terminals by Qatar.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by percysmith
I redeemed the tickets with CX Asia Miles and the booking class is U for the whole tix.

Will I be eligible for paid STPC?
No, unfortunately - award tickets from other oneworld airlines aren't eligible for STPC. Needs to be on a revenue ticket.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:37 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Thought so but wanted to check. Thansk beardoc, I'll just leech their lounge.

Last edited by percysmith; Apr 15, 2015 at 5:48 pm
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
So I have an IPROMO fare coming up, god bless CMN fares
called in for my hotel, agent wanted to deny it saying IPROMO are not eligible, thankfully the fares rules still mentioned STPC so was able to get it.
So just a headsup, double check the fare rules to ensure they are valid, especially with the super cheap sales lately going on...
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
STPC on a one way trip

Planning to fly CAI- AMM on a one way ticket .Trying to start/complete globetrotter promotion (yes I know Cairo will not count ) and facing a 10 hour layover booked in N class . Are other oneworld carriers considered when calculating STPC ? As it is I think even via RJ its still over 8 hours . Also would they say fly another airline direct , or is revenue more important to them ? Any advice ?

Regards
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by jfkeze
called in for my hotel, agent wanted to deny it saying IPROMO are not eligible, thankfully the fares rules still mentioned STPC so was able to get it.
So just a headsup, double check the fare rules to ensure they are valid, especially with the super cheap sales lately going on...
Was this economy or biz. I've flown on IPROMO-fares (in biz) before with 8h+ layover and there was no questions asked when I went to the STPC-desk to get my vouchers.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:18 pm

Doha Stopover- expereinces? Not free anymore?

Hi all,

I'm booked on a Qatar flight, Yangon-DOH, DOH-DFW- with a 21 hour layover in DOH- landing 11:10AM, departing the next day at 8:10AM.

I called Qatar to ask about the stop over, they said I qualify as there is not sooner flight, but that it is $125- not free as I believed.

The $125 includes the $55 visa, ground transport to/from hotel (of their choice) and hotel, plus meal vouchers. Looks like a good deal price wise- but I'd prefer to stay somewhere nicer- the whole early check-in thing is the issue(a few places I looked may charge up to 50% extra for an early check in)
I'm flying economy, so there are 3 3-star hotels they use, all of which have average TA reviews.

Anyone has experience with the layover in Doha? Was it free for you? Worth it to splurge on a 4 or 5 star hotel?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:34 pm

I'm a QR platinum member and planning to book an award ticket with the family having a 9h stop over at Doha (arrival 23:00 and leaving 8:00)

Can I get an STPC? (complimentary or paid-for)?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by crombiestone
Planning to fly CAI- AMM on a one way ticket .Trying to start/complete globetrotter promotion (yes I know Cairo will not count ) and facing a 10 hour layover booked in N class . Are other oneworld carriers considered when calculating STPC ? As it is I think even via RJ its still over 8 hours . Also would they say fly another airline direct , or is revenue more important to them ? Any advice ?

Regards
Booked and Informed my Economy N ticket WILL qualify for free STPC . No email yet .Any thoughts on which hotel ? Will being PC Silver help ? I heard a PC gold got the Movenpick on an Economy ticket but I realise they use 3* hotels too .
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by sexten
Was this economy or biz. I've flown on IPROMO-fares (in biz) before with 8h+ layover and there was no questions asked when I went to the STPC-desk to get my vouchers.
I Class, so Business class... it's a weird timing from 5:30 PM to 2 AM. Almost debating just doing the night tour at 7 PM (been to Doha before, but not at night) and then just relax at the lounge...
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jfkeze
I've had no problems with IPROMO fares - QR have booked me six nights in June on these fares. No questions. All took 5-10 minutes.

Economy based promotional fares and award fares from other carriers are not eligible, but otherwise, I was of the understanding most other fares were eligible.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Today i have received a Hotel Voucher from Qatar for a room, transfer and visa for my transit stay during 11 hours in Doha.

I have booked a economy flight in N class and my connection flight to Phuket is 11 hours later.

On the phone they confirmed to me it is for free and there is no indication on the voucer they are goingt to charge something.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:45 pm

How do you know what your ticketing class is, if you haven't gotten your E-ticket numbers yet??
Qatar is telling me I need to pay $125 for my stopover, want to be sure that's correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.