Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Alex, more than 2 months for a refund? Anyone else experience this lack of service?

Alex, more than 2 months for a refund? Anyone else experience this lack of service?

Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:18 am
Original Poster

I have been traveling with QR a bit over the past few months and decided that I would use them to go to BKK from Paris over the Christmas holidays.
As such I purchased 2 business class tickets, departing 25DEC and return 3JAN.
Before departure I needed to change the return dates, and found out that I cannot do that on the website with cancelling then rebooking, or else call the Paris office to change and pay a 70 euro fee per change. This is already quite shocking as I should not have to pay for something I cannot do on the website.

But still... Tried calling the Paris office for 2 days straight and could not get through to them so in despair I tried the UK offices and got through. Explained to them my issue with Paris and they agreed to help, on an exceptional basis. Got the changes I wanted, paid the fee of course, and the tickets were reissued, still under the same PNR.

It happens that my travel companion could not make the trip in the end, so on 25DEC at Paris airport I cancelled this ticket and said to myself I'll deal with refund on my return.

So promptly on my return used the online form for refund, only to be told that as it was re-issued I needed to contact the local office. Being the new year and all I decided let's try Paris office again, and after about 45 minutes managed to get through to them. After a few back and forths as my PNR had been purged already I managed to get them to agree to start the refund process for the unused ticket. And of course they want to charge me the service fee!

And that's when they tell me that it will be at least 2 months before I see the refund.

Excessively shocking for a supposedly 5 star airline that prides itself on customer service and experience, before during and after the flight.

The hard product on the 777 was great, that of the airbus 330 or 340 was less than great. The service on board was really good, but this lack of customer service capability is losing them at least one customer. (3 J class trips in the past 8 weeks plus another 3 or 4 planned in the next 8 weeks which will not happen on QR unless I have no choice)

Alex this is feedback for you - the website experience is really under par compared to your direct competitors, and this refund story is just poor business practice. Anything you can do to help would be great.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Hi papsmc,

Could you please kindly send a private message of your booking reference/ticket number and your contact detail such as telephone number and email address so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi papsmc,

Could you please kindly send a private message of your booking reference/ticket number and your contact detail such as telephone number and email address so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Done
/paul
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:10 am

Anyone else experience this lack of service?

I did.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
After 2 weeks you can safely call it a loan, not a pending refund
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by CAlex
After 2 weeks you can safely call it a loan, not a pending refund
I finally got a refund yesterday from Saudia after a 4 month wait

So two weeks is not too bad.... things must take time in the Middle Eest
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: QR

Check my thread been waiting since October and got neat reply to say that they are sorry and welcoming on-board in the near future

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.