787 Economy Class Reviews

Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: EK Plat, OWE (BA), *A Gold (TK), EY Gold*
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ngfan
Al Bakers marketing blabla of an unprecedented experience in Y is wrong, cramped seating can be had on many other airlines already like LH, EK, etc.
+1

787 seats in Y are paper thin. The IFE boxes under the seats severely restrict footroom space by 50% (you must wedge your feet next to the box). I find the seats desperately uncomfortable even on the 45min hop over the pond from DOH-DXB. I pity the poor souls who have to endure long-haul/ultra long-haul on this....

Like many others, I was excited for the launch of this plane. As big an anti-climax as making Gold in the Privilege Club
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold. Skywards Silver, Etihad, China Airlines, Thai, Flying Blue, BA.
Slighty off topic, I noticed that all reference to the great new 787 has been removed from the news list on Qatar Airways .com, wonder why ??

Regards
Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: EK Plat, OWE (BA), *A Gold (TK), EY Gold*
Originally Posted by Flying Fireman
Slighty off topic, I noticed that all reference to the great new 787 has been removed from the news list on Qatar Airways .com, wonder why ??

Regards
They don't even have reference on there to fact they've been grounded and that flights will be operated on alternative metal. Idiots. Compare and contrast with ANA etc...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Last row recline?

Gah... I'm booked into Y on the 787 on an upcoming trip as it's the only QR aircraft type serving DEL

Does anyone know if the last row in each of the two Y cabins fully reclines? I would feel too guilty sitting in front of anyone else to recline into their knees...

Last time I flew the 787 I was very lucky to be upgraded. Guessing this time will be a bit of a bump back down to earth!!!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
I am currently in 12A on the 787 but on the seat map 10D has just opened up. This would be a move from a window seat three rows back to an aisle seat at the front of the cabin. Is the extra legroom in Row 10 worth switching seats for? Any disadvantages other than the obvious (lack of floor storage space, nearer to the toilets etc)?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I am currently in 12A on the 787 but on the seat map 10D has just opened up. This would be a move from a window seat three rows back to an aisle seat at the front of the cabin. Is the extra legroom in Row 10 worth switching seats for? Any disadvantages other than the obvious (lack of floor storage space, nearer to the toilets etc)?
That is the row for the infant basinets. Depending on how many infants are on board, you could not find much rest during the flight. But then, if you are in 12A, you are not far away so I would go for the extra leg room.

However, they might ask you to change to another seat later on board if it turns out that they need the seat for parents traveling with infants. Happened to me recently on an A330 service from DOH to KUL. Instead of my nice seat with extra leg room and the neighbor seat unoccupied, I was reseated 20 rows back next to a boy who was afraid of flying. But they asked nicely whether I would be willing to change. Wonder what would have happened if I said no but since I am a nice person ...
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Hmmm, on the 787 I mainly avoid the bulkhead / exit row seats as they are even narrower than the standard seats (due to the tray tables in the arm rests) - and the standard seats are narrow enough as it is anyway!

No good anywhere seats in Y on the QR 787 - all too narrow with no leg room
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Hmmm, on the 787 I mainly avoid the bulkhead / exit row seats as they are even narrower than the standard seats (due to the tray tables in the arm rests) - and the standard seats are narrow enough as it is anyway!

No good anywhere seats in Y on the QR 787 - all too narrow with no leg room
Okay thanks, it wouldn't let me reselect in the end so I am still in 12A. Y looks pretty full now, hardly any seats left to select (three last time I checked). Still praying for that op up but bringing plenty of work with me just in case I'm still in Y and can't sleep!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 4:34 am
Suspended

Okay thanks, it wouldn't let me reselect in the end so I am still in 12A. Y looks pretty full now, hardly any seats left to select (three last time I checked). Still praying for that op up but bringing plenty of work with me just in case I'm still in Y and can't sleep!
OpUp unlikely on QR, they're not that big on those unfortunately... I'd take 10D if you don't see any empty rows anywhere. I flew HND-DOH in Y in 10D or maybe the other exit row seat (don't remember) and actually managed to sleep quite well by putting my carry on in front of me and resting my legs on it.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance
My god, first flight on QR and while they fly the Dreamliner from EDI, I will avoid like the plague.
The Dreamliner could have been a great plane but no, airlines(not just QR) have to cram 9 seats in a cabin designed for 8 and if that's not bad enough they couple that with LCC style legroom.
Such a shame when QR's A350 is great.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:16 pm

The IFE is good, the new electronic windows are always fun, however the seat config is too cramped which is why I still prefer the 777 any day, too bad QR are changing them to 10 abreast too .
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by chris19992
My god, first flight on QR and while they fly the Dreamliner from EDI, I will avoid like the plague.
The Dreamliner could have been a great plane but no, airlines(not just QR) have to cram 9 seats in a cabin designed for 8 and if that's not bad enough they couple that with LCC style legroom.
Such a shame when QR's A350 is great.
Airlines cramming 9 abreast means that the economics of the 787 do not work at 8 ab. Or maybe the 787 was designed and marketed as 8 ab to avoid encroaching on the 777 market?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Executive, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Silver, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Rewards Gold Elite
Just flew DOH-CPT-DOH on the 787. I was able to secure the exit/bulkhead row 26 for both flights (26C aisle exit DOH-CPT, and 26D aisle bulkhead CPT-DOH). I arrived at the airport in both cases approximately 4 hours prior to flight departure time in order to secure the seats. Quite nice seats in terms of leg-room.

There was a family with baby in 26D/E on the way to CPT, and on both legs, folks did at some times congregate around the toilets. However, with headphones, the related noise was no problem at all and my knees were spared from sitting in a regular seat. The seat width was quite tight (FWIW I'm 196cm and 115kg), and my headphone jack/USB charger cords were a bit squished from my thigh pushing against the arm rest.

All in all, I would recommend this row for any traveler wishing to have ample leg room on a 9-10 hour flight!!

Here are some pictures from both seats for reference:

View from 26C towards toilet:
https://goo.gl/photos/zZwCMeDdCQX55py57

View from 26C towards exit door:
https://goo.gl/photos/iTA7YEzHmc8TN7sn7

View from 26D towards front of aircraft:
https://goo.gl/photos/6DtzEJ9J5t6SB7SNA

View from 26D towards exit door to the right:
https://goo.gl/photos/Fr8SnQTvzRFiWZfX9

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.