Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm looking for a flight in J OSL - BKK March / April time.

I know what they say about booking flights to get a particular aircraft type, but was trying to get QSuites on the DOH - BKK leg. There appear to be different flight timings for end of March compared with April (for example ther is a 12:40am departure from DOH in QSuites on April that I can't find in March). Is this a winter / summer timetable change, or is there another reason?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Was not there last I had a similar connection from JAL to PG. But good news if they have expanded that.
I flew PG (not connected to my QR ticket, but the next day) internationally BKK - REP 2 weeks ago. There is access to the boutique lounge for all passengers for certain. Only problem with that was that the location of the PG lounge is miles away (D concourse end) if you're flying an ATR to REP like I did, which departs from C concourse.

As this is a QR J booking through I wonder if they wouldn't allow access to the Blue Ribbon lounge - perhaps contact QR/ask at check in/ask PG themselves? In any case there's a possibility to pay around 24Eur if I remember correctly to upgrade to Blue Ribbon lounge on check in to the PG flight. And it has massage chairs which are great
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Agent69
I'm looking for a flight in J OSL - BKK March / April time.

I know what they say about booking flights to get a particular aircraft type, but was trying to get QSuites on the DOH - BKK leg. There appear to be different flight timings for end of March compared with April (for example ther is a 12:40am departure from DOH in QSuites on April that I can't find in March). Is this a winter / summer timetable change, or is there another reason?
Yes, end of March is the transition to the new timetable. Bangkok is a particularly bad route for airframe consistency and QSuites. The best thing you can do is book something that is currently QSuites and if there is a swap that takes QSuites away you can hopefully use the QR customer service gesture to get moved to a QSuites flight as a free change. But contractually you need to be away that QR does swap airframes quite frequently and aircraft type and seat type is not guaranteed. If you set your expectations accordingly then you should have a good trip.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Yes, end of March is the transition to the new timetable. Bangkok is a particularly bad route for airframe consistency and QSuites. The best thing you can do is book something that is currently QSuites and if there is a swap that takes QSuites away you can hopefully use the QR customer service gesture to get moved to a QSuites flight as a free change. But contractually you need to be away that QR does swap airframes quite frequently and aircraft type and seat type is not guaranteed. If you set your expectations accordingly then you should have a good trip.
Thanks for the clarification.

I am reasonably flexible regarding aircraft type, but as a single traveller I try to avoid anything that has a 2-2-2 configuration.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I don't see the Qatar Airways + Cathay business class Code share (DOH-HKG-KUL) anymore. Anyone know why?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
My apologies if I'm missing something, but I'm looking at taking advantage of the inexpensive stopover in Doha while flying LAX - MCT in February. While the offer states "available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during the outbound or inbound journey," I'm only given the option to do so on the departure flight. The return button is greyed out in the stopover section. The FAQ provides no help.

Anyone know why?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by elsenor
My apologies if I'm missing something, but I'm looking at taking advantage of the inexpensive stopover in Doha while flying LAX - MCT in February. While the offer states "available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during the outbound or inbound journey," I'm only given the option to do so on the departure flight. The return button is greyed out in the stopover section. The FAQ provides no help.

Anyone know why?
the offer requires a minimum 12 hours transit in DOH. Perhaps you booked a shorter transit?

stopover offer also doesn’t apply for codeshare, so if you booked MCT-DOH on an OmanAir that might be the problem
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
Originally Posted by Sifaan
the offer requires a minimum 12 hours transit in DOH. Perhaps you booked a shorter transit?

stopover offer also doesn’t apply for codeshare, so if you booked MCT-DOH on an OmanAir that might be the problem
This is on the main QR webpage, before selecting any flights. I'm aware of the 12hrs transit requirement and would be happy to book same on the return. And FWIW, any flights I've found fitting (later on) have not been codeshared.

Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:53 pm

This is on the main QR webpage, before selecting any flights. I'm aware of the 12hrs transit requirement and would be happy to book same on the return. And FWIW, any flights I've found fitting (later on) have not been codeshared.

it seems to be something peculiar with MCT (and possibly other destinations) - tried a few random combinations and they allow either selection, but when MCT is there in the itinerary (origin or destination) the return options is greyed out

The last time I used this I just did a regular search and selected a flight combination with a ~16 hr layover and make the hotel booking using that
And in case of a longer break can use the multi-city booking option (my guess is this is anyway a shortcut for that) - does it work to do a multi city booking (LAX-MCT, MCT-DOH, DOH-LAX)?
elsenor likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat

Stopover is usually not permitted on the return for regional destinations to prevent Qatar residents to book a cheaper return flight to another country and voluntary miss the last leg to stay in Doha...
But you still can choose wisely your flights (use the multi city booking if needed) in order to get a long connexion (up to 23:59) on the return.
elsenor likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Flew back from Budapest yesterday on a BA flight but always credit to QR as I am a Plat. I was denied access to the lounge , as this is apparently QR policy since June ? The lounge agents showed me the memo. Apparently this policy applies to all 3rd party lounges?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Flew back from Budapest yesterday on a BA flight but always credit to QR as I am a Plat. I was denied access to the lounge , as this is apparently QR policy since June ? The lounge agents showed me the memo. Apparently this policy applies to all 3rd party lounges?
I have read about this before. New policy since June as you say.
It obviously sucks for us but having access to non-OW lounges when travelling in Y is not something I would except to have. Seems more like a great perk for those who get it.

What is the branch standard on this?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Freed
I have read about this before. New policy since June as you say.
It obviously sucks for us but having access to non-OW lounges when travelling in Y is not something I would except to have. Seems more like a great perk for those who get it.

What is the branch standard on this?
But then I did have access when i flew back from Vienna in September and Luxembourg in December?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
But then I did have access when i flew back from Vienna in September and Luxembourg in December?
Hopefully they stay inconsistent and let us in

After some more thinking I take back my previous statement. I searched for lounges on oneworld.com and Budapest have 3 lounges accessable for OWS and OWE. How can QRPC denie us entry then?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Freed
Hopefully they stay inconsistent and let us in

After some more thinking I take back my previous statement. I searched for lounges on oneworld.com and Budapest have 3 lounges accessable for OWS and OWE. How can QRPC denie us entry then?
To be fair the lounge agents were very apologetic. They showed me the clear directive from Qatar. I have contacted QR for an explanation.

To be fair the purpose of the trip was to visit the excellent lounges at T3 and of course Budapest. Would just like clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.