Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
My advice is not even to consider QRPC.
Wise words
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:30 pm

Qatar Airways A350-1000

I have selected seat 31K for myself on Qatar Airways A350-100. My 14 year old daughter is in 31J. Is 31J an exit row with the requirement to be at 18 years old? Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Dsmithey74
I have selected seat 31K for myself on Qatar Airways A350-100. My 14 year old daughter is in 31J. Is 31J an exit row with the requirement to be at 18 years old? Thanks.
Normally exit rows can only be assigned at the airport, so I would guess it does not count as an exit row
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:05 am

Schedule Change/Transit Accommodation

Originally booked ORD-DOH-KTM in Business (R) with ~1.5 layover in DOH. DOH-KTM flight has been cancelled and I now have ~10 hr layover in DOH.

Per the Qatar Transit Accomodation page, I should be eligible. What's the best way to secure that ahead of time? I'm wondering if I should call Qatar to accept the change rather than doing it online.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ms. HDPlayer
Originally booked ORD-DOH-KTM in Business (R) with ~1.5 layover in DOH. DOH-KTM flight has been cancelled and I now have ~10 hr layover in DOH.

Per the Qatar Transit Accomodation page, I should be eligible. What's the best way to secure that ahead of time? I'm wondering if I should call Qatar to accept the change rather than doing it online.

Thanks!
They should take care of your accomodation due to the schedule change regardless of their Transit accomodation rules. I would give them a call.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Star Alliance Gold
IAH check-in time

I am flying next month to IAH, on a Delta awards ticket, with an expected arrival time of approx 1:15pm and then flying IAH-DOH-MLE on Qatar (in their amazing Qsuites) scheduled to leave at 6:00pm.

Could someone advise me how early the check-in desk for Qatar at IAH opens? We'll have hand luggage only, so nothing to collect after arriving at IAH, just a passport check and a pointing to where the lounge is.

Thank you
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
I am flying next month to IAH, on a Delta awards ticket, with an expected arrival time of approx 1:15pm and then flying IAH-DOH-MLE on Qatar (in their amazing Qsuites) scheduled to leave at 6:00pm.

Could someone advise me how early the check-in desk for Qatar at IAH opens? We'll have hand luggage only, so nothing to collect after arriving at IAH, just a passport check and a pointing to where the lounge is.

Thank you
Check-in typically opens 3 hours prior to departure and closes one hour before departure..
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Flyiboy

Check-in typically opens 3 hours prior to departure and closes one hour before departure..
Thank you
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Payment query and stopover in DOH

Two questions:

I am looking to fly with QR in the business cabin with a friend from ARN to SIN. Can I book two tickets online on QR website but split the payment so that each of us use our own credit cards to pay for the respective tickets rather than just one of us making the payment for both? (We want to gain Avios by using our Amex cards to pay) or do we need to book separate tickets? If the latter, can we/how do we secure seats next to each other?

Secondly, we would like to break the return by stopping off in DOH for a two or three of nights, then fly back to ARN. Can we benefit from the reduced price hotel offer from QR for this?

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by higham44
I am looking to fly with QR in the business cabin with a friend from ARN to SIN. Can I book two tickets online on QR website but split the payment so that each of us use our own credit cards to pay for the respective tickets rather than just one of us making the payment for both? (We want to gain Avios by using our Amex cards to pay) or do we need to book separate tickets? If the latter, can we/how do we secure seats next to each other?
I don't think that the software has the capability of splitting payment between two credit cards, regardless of whose name is on them. The seats are relatively easy. I've done it a few times. Book one ticket, reserve a seat with some empty seats around it. Then book the second ticket immediately and select one of those empty seats. While you're not actually blocking the second the seat, it's unlikely that you're going to lose it if you book the second ticket immediately after the first.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:49 pm

meal modifications

Silly newbie question. New to this forum and going to be flying J for the first time ever with QR. My wife has a few dietary requirements. Can some of the meals on board be "modified?" For example, can the cheese be removed from the omelette or is it pre-cooked? Or can she get two chicken sliders instead of beef and chicken? If not, is it better to just go with the special meal?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:24 pm

Trying to find a way to see the pricing and maybe purchase access to al mourjan lounge but after i click and fill in the details i just get to the regular manage my booking page with no option for lounges?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by mdsh00
Silly newbie question. New to this forum and going to be flying J for the first time ever with QR. My wife has a few dietary requirements. Can some of the meals on board be "modified?" For example, can the cheese be removed from the omelette or is it pre-cooked? Or can she get two chicken sliders instead of beef and chicken? If not, is it better to just go with the special meal?
I would vote for the special meal. If your wife has dietary requirements, no point in fooling around with it. Omelettes are pre-cooked. Probably CAN get two chicken sliders instead of beef and chicken. I would still vote for special meal.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I would vote for the special meal. If your wife has dietary requirements, no point in fooling around with it. Omelettes are pre-cooked. Probably CAN get two chicken sliders instead of beef and chicken. I would still vote for special meal.
If we request a special meal, is she able to select from the regular menu once onboard?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mdsh00
If we request a special meal, is she able to select from the regular menu once onboard?
It will depend on availability. No standard meal allowance would have been loaded for her in addition to the special meal. But the crew are usually quite flexible and if the food is available I am fairly sure it would be offered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.