Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by James31
I think it is their domestic lounges which don't serve alcohol before 11AM then!
Yep
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:28 am
formerly JackDann

No Idea if this is the correct topic, but wasn't sure where else to post it.

Hi All,

Looking for...

DUB or BHD > HKT

Dates: 18th/19th/20th December 2019 - 11th/12th January 2020.

I've found some okay fares around the £2,200 mark, but I know that some of you are experts in this, so any help is appreciated!.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by JackDann
No Idea if this is the correct topic, but wasn't sure where else to post it.

Hi All,

Looking for...

DUB or BHD > HKT

Dates: 18th/19th/20th December 2019 - 11th/12th January 2020.

I've found some okay fares around the £2,200 mark, but I know that some of you are experts in this, so any help is appreciated!.
If you mean Business Class, that's a very sweet deal, take it.
Obviously, for Economy Class, I would definitely think one more time. There are r/t Qatar Airways flights for GBP1000ish. If you're looking advise regardless of airline, check the Travel section forums for better advise.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:53 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you mean Business Class, that's a very sweet deal, take it.
Obviously, for Economy Class, I would definitely think one more time. There are r/t Qatar Airways flights for GBP1000ish. If you're looking advise regardless of airline, check the Travel section forums for better advise.
Made a bit of a mistake there, Qatar is coming up at £3000pp, BA was £2,200. I'm hoping that maybe a sale comes on and I can get the price down somewhat,
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by JackDann
Made a bit of a mistake there, Qatar is coming up at £3000pp, BA was £2,200. I'm hoping that maybe a sale comes on and I can get the price down somewhat,
I would say it's doubtful due to your peak travel date(s).
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
I'll be flying out of DOH on the 3rd on July in J. My flight isn't until 1AM but was looking to get to the airport maybe 8 hours earlier to get some work done in the lounge and to check out the Al Safwa lounge. I will not have any check-in bags. Will I have any issues accessing the terminal this early or will I only access the terminal 3 hours prior to the flight. Couldn't find any resources on QR's/DOH's website.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dsteveman
I'll be flying out of DOH on the 3rd on July in J. My flight isn't until 1AM but was looking to get to the airport maybe 8 hours earlier to get some work done in the lounge and to check out the Al Safwa lounge. I will not have any check-in bags. Will I have any issues accessing the terminal this early or will I only access the terminal 3 hours prior to the flight. Couldn't find any resources on QR's/DOH's website.
There should not be a problem with arriving at the airport early. But be aware that the Al Safwa fee has been changed from 250 QAR to 600 QAR.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There should not be a problem with arriving at the airport early. But be aware that the Al Safwa fee has been changed from 250 QAR to 600 QAR.
Yes, I am, unfortunately, aware of the increased fee
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:21 pm

Additionally, if I were to check my bag in (doubtful), is there a minimum time (ie. 3 hours before) or any time 24 hours before the flight?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: ual 1k, marriott platinum
a350 - 1000 exit row seats question iah to doh

I am flying IAH – DOA on a the A350-1000. I am on an economy ticket. Can I purchase an exit row seat. Also SeatGuru and the airline site show different exit rows. I would assume that the airline seating chart is more accurate but a post on another thread said SeatGuru was actually correct. What exit row number window seat if possible should I be looking for. Alternatively, the row number behind it where the window seat doesn’t have a seat in front of it due to the emergency door is also an option. I am more interested in legroom vs entertainment screen.

On a side note what time does the QR check in counter open. I’m coming in from Denver in the morning and will have to recheck bags as it is on a different PNR
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dsteveman
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There should not be a problem with arriving at the airport early.
However, you are likely to be limited to a total of six hours in Al Safwa.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
However, you are likely to be limited to a total of six hours in Al Safwa.
Yes I'm aware of that too.... smh
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:57 am

Hi

I'm flying Qatar (QSuites + Business in R Class) from ORD-DOH-MLE, and back KUL-DOH-ORD in the next few months. This is my first trip on Qatar.

I'm looking for advice on which frequent flyer program to credit these miles to.

Options I'm considering:
- AA (no status, have ~7k miles): could use the files for some domestic travel in US
- BA (no status, 0 miles): could transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards in the future to supplement and book travel
- QR (no status, 0 miles): not even sure when I might fly next on Qatar
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rishabh.rajiv
Hi

I'm flying Qatar (QSuites + Business in R Class) from ORD-DOH-MLE, and back KUL-DOH-ORD in the next few months. This is my first trip on Qatar.

I'm looking for advice on which frequent flyer program to credit these miles to.

Options I'm considering:
- AA (no status, have ~7k miles): could use the files for some domestic travel in US
- BA (no status, 0 miles): could transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards in the future to supplement and book travel
- QR (no status, 0 miles): not even sure when I might fly next on Qatar
I would probably go for AA. Since you already have miles there, and if you are not a very frequent traveller, splitting between Oneworld programs just means you get nowhere in terms of potential awards.

QRs own program har prohibitively expensive redemotions and very few redeeming features.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:45 pm

Is there anywhere where I can sell my Qmiles or can I somehow exchange them to Finnair PLUS points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.