Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Richekf
I have a 13 hour layover during the day in Doha - because my travel arranger screwed up I am not eligible for the free hotel room - anyway I know I can access Al Safwa Lounge but I want to know if I can buy back to back passes so I can’t stay the whole time - not just the six hours. Can I buy two in a row?
Have you thought about booking a hotel room via Qatar+ instead? Will be very inexpensive.

https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopove...gn=DQ_stopover
Old May 22, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Have you thought about booking a hotel room via Qatar+ instead? Will be very inexpensive.

https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopove...gn=DQ_stopover
If I'm not wrong, to benefit from the Qatar+ stopover service, the passenger must book a multi-city ticket which has a sector ending and originating in Doha. So, it won't work for the OP's case.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:56 pm

ISTFlyer if you look at stopover-terms-conditions you will see:-
" 4. The Stopover offer is only valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders with a minimum transit time of 12 hours in Doha.
5. The Stopover offer is only valid for Qatar Airways E-ticket numbers starting with "157" and this is required to be entered at the payment page.
8. The Stopover offer is NOT applicable for codeshare flights (outbound and/or inbound). Rack rate will be charged by the hotel directly from customers checking in based on Doha being the first or final destination.
9. The Stopover offer is NOT valid for passengers where Doha is their first departure point or final destination. Rack rate will be charged by the hotel directly from customers checking in based on Doha being the first or final destination. "
Thus a Multicity reservation is no longer required nor has that rule ever been fully implemented. I think that the Multicity in this offer actually means a PNR that is at least for origin-DOH- destination. I.e. Transitting DOH.

Richekf
it is impossible to see from your post if you qualify or not. Look at the extract of TandC's above to see if you qualify. You may like to look at qatar-doha-hotel-stopovers-no-longer-free. for ideas and suggestions.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
ISTFlyer if you look at stopover-terms-conditions you will see:-
" 4. The Stopover offer is only valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders with a minimum transit time of 12 hours in Doha.
5. The Stopover offer is only valid for Qatar Airways E-ticket numbers starting with "157" and this is required to be entered at the payment page.
8. The Stopover offer is NOT applicable for codeshare flights (outbound and/or inbound). Rack rate will be charged by the hotel directly from customers checking in based on Doha being the first or final destination.
9. The Stopover offer is NOT valid for passengers where Doha is their first departure point or final destination. Rack rate will be charged by the hotel directly from customers checking in based on Doha being the first or final destination. "
Thus a Multicity reservation is no longer required nor has that rule ever been fully implemented. I think that the Multicity in this offer actually means a PNR that is at least for origin-DOH- destination. I.e. Transitting DOH.

Richekf it is impossible to see from your post if you qualify or not. Look at the extract of TandC's above to see if you qualify. You may like to look at qatar-doha-hotel-stopovers-no-longer-free. for ideas and suggestions.
Read post #3 in the Doha Hotel Stopovers no longer free thread.
Also check, https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...-stopover.html

All it takes is three steps:

1. Search for your preferred flight at qatarairways.com
Use the "multi-city" search option and manually add a stop in Doha during your departure or return flight.*

Example multi-city search:
Flight 1: London to Doha
Flight 2: Doha to Phuket
Flight 3: Phuket to London

2. Select flights with a minimum transit time of 12 hours in Doha

3. Once you have completed your booking at qatarairways.com, you will see the available stopover offers on the booking confirmation page and email.

*Terms and conditions apply.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:05 am

I've booked a ticket before with a 13 hour layover which wasn't "searched for" as a multi-city and booked a hotel the new paid programme... no problems encountered.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwann
I've booked a ticket before with a 13 hour layover which wasn't "searched for" as a multi-city and booked a hotel the new paid programme... no problems encountered.
Thanks for reporting back, I hope you would enjoy Qatar.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have a flight in J from OSL - DOH at the begining of June (about 4pm departure).

Is there any way of finding out what the menu options are (I have preselected meals for the onbound leg to SIN, but cannot see any information about the OSL leg)
Old May 24, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Agent69
I have a flight in J from OSL - DOH at the begining of June (about 4pm departure).

Is there any way of finding out what the menu options are (I have preselected meals for the onbound leg to SIN, but cannot see any information about the OSL leg)
If I am not wrong, pre-select dining is only available for flights departing from DOH. That is probably the reason why you cannot see any info for the OSL to DOH segment.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by chinhk
If I am not wrong, pre-select dining is only available for flights departing from DOH. That is probably the reason why you cannot see any info for the OSL to DOH segment.
Do you know if there is any way of seeing on line what the menu might be? (I couldn't find a 2019 QR J meals thread anywhere)
Old May 24, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Agent69
Do you know if there is any way of seeing on line what the menu might be? (I couldn't find a 2019 QR J meals thread anywhere)
The thread you are looking for is here;

QR J Menus 2019
Old May 24, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The thread you are looking for is here;

QR J Menus 2019
Thanks for the link. Post 35 has a February menu from my flight. I wonder how often the options are rotated.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Based on what I've read, it is obvious that QR has blocked all J award space JFK-DOH around the 2nd half of Q4 this year, so I resigned myself to Y and booked JFK-DOH-MLE on 12/1 (QR704/674 via AA). Of course, I'm hoping J availability opens up so I can upgrade. ExpertFlyer shows the majority of the business cabin as unoccupied. Do any of you have any thoughts on the likelihood J award space will eventually be released?
Old May 27, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I'm looking for a OneWorld airline to travel HKG-LHR-HKG in business. Qatar is the cheapest. I can claim back the cost of an economy flight from my company with an economy receipt and the matching boarding passes (which can be economy or business as long as the flight details match the receipt). To do this most cost effectively, I can make the Economy reservation, cancel it, get the refund, and make a new reservation in business.

Qatar has Economy Value fares with a cancellation fee and Economy Flexi fares without a cancellation fee. For my dates, the web site is only offering Economy Value fares on the outward flight. I don't understand this but that's what it's showing me.

(a) Is there a trick to forcing the web site to offer Economy Flexi on both legs so I can cancel the reservation for a full refund?
(b) If I have Economy Flexi on both legs then can I upgrade the reservation online without cancelling and pay the difference?

Or am I missing something?

My alternative is to fly direct with BA that offers 24 hour cancellation of any reservation but I end up paying more. Thanks for any advice.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:00 pm

Is there a definitive time switchover for breakfast and lunch flights? Booked a 0905 flight from GOT and hoping it's really not a breakfast flight.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by ftrichard
(a) Is there a trick to forcing the web site to offer Economy Flexi on both legs so I can cancel the reservation for a full refund?

Or am I missing something?
Most likely a problem with the QR website. There are economy flexi tickets being sold (there is tickets in booking classes Y and B when checking on expertflyer).

Try calling QR to book a ticket. If it works for your reimbursement, another options is to book Guangzhou (CAN) to LHR flexi tickets on the QR website.
ftrichard likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.