Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Globalist
Hi all,

First time Qatar flyer, did a bit of research and booked a flight in July from Singapore to Amsterdam via Doha.
It seems I have Q Suites on all 4 sectors... that is a nice bonus.

As a OW Emerald it seems however there is no additional benefit besides 20K additional weight allowance.
There is no F check-in in Singapore or AMS, and maybe there is priority boarding but not expecting anything beyond J Priority.
The OWE lounge in Doha seems worse than the Al Mourjan lounge which I have access to on the account I fly Business.

I have a 7.45 hour stopover in Doha on both sectors. Both are between midnight and 7am.
I checked the Transit Oryx hotel, but at 300 USD that seems a bit rich for 7 hours.

So, the question to the experts..
Any Benefits I have overlooked for a J Pax with OWE?
How is the Al Safwa Lounge between midnight and 7am? is it worth paying up? (If the champagne is better I will be easily convinced)
Will there be (fresh) food and drinks served overnight?
There seem to be sleeper rooms, but by the time I get there I would guess they are booked up.

Thanks,
Globalist
Would definitely recommend getting Al Safwa access. I was there last month with my Mrs and son and the room was highly required for a midnight stopover.
I did ask at the counter of Al Mourjan for them to make sure there a free room before I went over and paid the entrance, they held the free room for me which was appreciated.
Globalist likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Concerns about flying CAI_AMM-DOH-BOS due to increased Iran military activity?

We will be flying home from CAI through AMM to DOH (on RJ) and home to BOS from DOH on QR this fall. Should I be concerned about the escalating military situation in Iran since we will be flying over that area? I know anything can happen between now and then but as much as I am looking forward to my first QSuites flight, I definitely want us to be safe.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:46 am

Al Safwa

I have a 13 hour layover during the day in Doha - because my travel arranger screwed up I am not eligible for the free hotel room - anyway I know I can access Al Safwa Lounge but I want to know if I can buy back to back passes so I can’t stay the whole time - not just the six hours. Can I buy two in a row?
Old May 14, 2019, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Richekf
I have a 13 hour layover during the day in Doha - because my travel arranger screwed up I am not eligible for the free hotel room - anyway I know I can access Al Safwa Lounge but I want to know if I can buy back to back passes so I can’t stay the whole time - not just the six hours. Can I buy two in a row?
I have no knowledge, but would guess no. OTOH if you can, please let us know!! That would be awesome!!!!!
Old May 15, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Richekf
I don't think that employees wander around the lounge and check boarding passes to determine if you have exceeded the 6-hour limit. You should be fine, however, you would not be permitted for a re-entry after your 6th hour.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I don't think that employees wander around the lounge and check boarding passes to determine if you have exceeded the 6-hour limit. You should be fine, however, you would not be permitted for a re-entry after your 6th hour.
There are so few people that they ofteb do notice who is exceeding their 6 hours. While you can be lucky, I would not count on it.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Flew business class from KUL to DOH on 13th May - check-in counter agents directed us to the Plaza Premium First lounge at KLIA which we already knew its the preferred lounge used by Qatar at KLIA. As we have plenty of time before flight departure, we also went to the MH Golden lounge. However, we were initially refused entry at Golden lounge. The lounge agent said we are 'blue member' of BA executive club and the rule with Qatar is that only members with sapphire level and above can enter the Golden lounge. I argued that we are flying business class so regardless of our membership level with BA executive club, we should still be able to use the lounge as per OneWorld rules. The lounge agent had to ring and speak to someone at Qatar check-in counters to query this. After a good 10-15mins, she finally alllowed us in and told us that this is only an exception. Has anyone been through the same situation before??
I thought the Golden lounge is available for use for all passengers traveling in business class of any One World airlines.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
I am flying QR 142 tonight business class , on Airbus A350-900 but the seat configuration shows 2-2-2 while seatguru shows 1-2-1 seats...

which one will be?
Old May 15, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sodaisei
I am flying QR 142 tonight business class , on Airbus A350-900 but the seat configuration shows 2-2-2 while seatguru shows 1-2-1 seats...

which one will be?
I would guess that it is being operated by an A350 leased from LATAM, They are in 2-2-2 configuration.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic

which one will be?
You are probably about to board but for future reference, you could always check which aircraft is operating the inbound and indeed it was a LATAM A359 with 2-2-2
Old May 20, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would guess that it is being operated by an A350 leased from LATAM, They are in 2-2-2 configuration.
Originally Posted by kq747
You are probably about to board but for future reference, you could always check which aircraft is operating the inbound and indeed it was a LATAM A359 with 2-2-2
Thank you.

How can I check that for future references? Wasn't able to confirm online that it was a LATAM leased A359.

Thank you
Old May 20, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Thank you.

How can I check that for future references? Wasn't able to confirm online that it was a LATAM leased A359.

Thank you
Check flightradar24 for the registration of the inbound and compare to fleet sources like airfleets/planespotter or theqatarsource.com
sodaisei likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kq747
Check flightradar24 for the registration of the inbound and compare to fleet sources like airfleets/planespotter or theqatarsource.com
The registration number itself wil show it, the LATAM birds are not on a Qatari registration. If the registration does not start with A7, then it is a LATAM bird.
sodaisei likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The registration number itself wil show it, the LATAM birds are not on a Qatari registration. If the registration does not start with A7, then it is a LATAM bird.
The LATAM birds that operate for QR are on a Qatari registration. They are registered A7-AMA, A7-AMB, and A7-AQA.

So, to correct CPH-Flyer's statement,
If the registration is A7-AMA, A7-AMB or A7-AQA it's a LATAM aircraft; otherwise, it would be a QR bird.

Btw, the OP has flown on A7-AQA that day.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The LATAM birds that operate for QR are on a Qatari registration. They are registered A7-AMA, A7-AMB, and A7-AQA.

So, to correct CPH-Flyer's statement,
If the registration is A7-AMA, A7-AMB or A7-AQA it's a LATAM aircraft; otherwise, it would be a QR bird.

Btw, the OP has flown on A7-AQA that day.
I had not realised that they were reregistered. Thank you for the registration list.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.