Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by a9504477
Flying from KUL to DOH, will be able to use online check in? Also, will it be a problem to get through immigration/security at about 11pm for the 9:35 flight to Doha the following morning (no luggage to check in)?
Both questions: entirely possible, no problem.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by quinzinho
Both questions: entirely possible, no problem.
Thanks! I was hoping this was possible as i'm planning to arrive there late in the evening and then sleep a few hours in the MH F lounge before taking the flight.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
Doesn't it depend on whether Y is oversold, not whether there is space in J or not?
I also thought they opened up more reward seats nearer departure, hence why you see so many successfully upgrading at the airport..
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Thanks! I was hoping this was possible as i'm planning to arrive there late in the evening and then sleep a few hours in the MH F lounge before taking the flight.
If I am not mistaken, QR uses the Plaza Premium First lounge (at KUL) for passengers traveling on business class. Don't know why they are not sending them to the MH lounge as both are one world partners.

Last edited by chinhk; Apr 8, 2019 at 4:59 am
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I also thought they opened up more reward seats nearer departure, hence why you see so many successfully upgrading at the airport..
I read your post as if you were looking for an op-up. For a miles/points upgrade there is always the chance of more seats being released and the availability figures indicate this would be possible on your flights. Whether it happens is down to QR load figures black magic.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Sorry. Wrong Forum.

Last edited by ftrichard; Apr 9, 2019 at 2:47 am Reason: Wrong forum
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’m connecting onto AA after arriving in Houston on QR. I have priority pass too, (though not the Amex plat anymore). Does anyone know if there is a place to shower in IAH upon arrival and clearing customs? I have a 3 hour layover.

Secondly, my 777 got downgraded to the old J from Qsuites. Do all the seats on the old configuration have air nozzles?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by chinhk
If I am not mistaken, QR uses the Plaza Premium First lounge (at KUL) for passengers traveling on business class.
If it worth visiting this rather than the MH First lounge?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
If it worth visiting this rather than the MH First lounge?
I am not sure if QR business class passengers can enter/use the MH business class lounge. According to some trip reports, QR passengers are directed to Plaza Premium First lounge which seems strange to me as QR is a oneworld partner. MH First class is reserved for passengers traveling on first class and QR does not have first class on the KUL to DOH route.
When is your flight? Perhaps you could let us know your experience post-flight.

Last edited by chinhk; Apr 10, 2019 at 6:41 am
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I am not sure if QR business class passengers can enter/use the MH business class lounge. According some trip report, QR passengers are directed to Plaza Premium First lounge which seems strange to me as QR is a oneworld partner. MH First class is reserved for passengers traveling on first class and QR does not have first class on the KUL to DOH route.
The MH F lounge allows Emerald members in regardless of airline flown. QR may have an agreement with Plaza Premium, and there for indicate passengers to go there. However, there is nothing preventing people from choosing another option

Similarly, BA passengers departing Heathrow T3 are guided to the BA lounges. However, the clever ones head to either Qantas or Cathay. Most people are not aware of, or consider, this and will go where the airline sends them.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:07 am

I am not sure if QR business class passengers can enter/use the MH business class lounge. According some trip report, QR passengers are directed to Plaza Premium First lounge which seems strange to me as QR is a oneworld partner. MH First class is reserved for passengers traveling on first class and QR does not have first class on the KUL to DOH route.
As OWE i'd have access to the MH First lounge and would head there. I was just wondering whether it might be worth visiting also the Plaza Premium First lounge. My guess is no but i'm happy to learn otherwise.

More generally, QR business class passengers and OW Sapphire/Emerald would have access to the OW lounges at KUL, ie the MH lounges and the CX one.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Exclamation OW lounge note

As OWE i'd have access to the MH First lounge and would head there. I was just wondering whether it might be worth visiting also the Plaza Premium First lounge. My guess is no but i'm happy to learn otherwise.
More generally, QR business class passengers and OW Sapphire/Emerald would have access to the OW lounges at KUL, ie the MH lounges and the CX one.
You have more than enough time to visit all OW lounges if you so please, but do note that the CX lounge is not open 24 hrs. They close at 10pm or 11pm.
PP First is a small but good lounge, it gets bust late in the evening before the late night dep. of all the airlines using that lounge (& there are quite a few) so it may feel a little crowded. They have table service in the dining area though you'd get that too in MH F.

I was on a JAL flight last Feb. and when I tried to lounge hop (i wanted to show my Mom the different lounges), the CX lounge said that I could only visit 1 lounge as they'd put a stamp on my BP showing the lounge which I entered (they actually made a rubber stamp for this purpose!)
That wasn't playing by the OW rules though, but I ddin't want to argue so I went to the MH lounge. Checked in with no issues, I had some laksa & went to the PP First lounge before our flight.

Not sure if it was JAL specific or was it the KLIA OW lounges trying to stop pax from going from one lounge to another.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
You have more than enough time to visit all OW lounges if you so please, but do note that the CX lounge is not open 24 hrs. They close at 10pm or 11pm.
PP First is a small but good lounge, it gets bust late in the evening before the late night dep. of all the airlines using that lounge (& there are quite a few) so it may feel a little crowded. They have table service in the dining area though you'd get that too in MH F.

I was on a JAL flight last Feb. and when I tried to lounge hop (i wanted to show my Mom the different lounges), the CX lounge said that I could only visit 1 lounge as they'd put a stamp on my BP showing the lounge which I entered (they actually made a rubber stamp for this purpose!)
That wasn't playing by the OW rules though, but I ddin't want to argue so I went to the MH lounge. Checked in with no issues, I had some laksa & went to the PP First lounge before our flight.

Not sure if it was JAL specific or was it the KLIA OW lounges trying to stop pax from going from one lounge to another.
Thanks for sharing your experience. For a flight with morning departure (9:45am) - traveling in business clas but without any Oneworld status, is the MH business class lounge or the Plaza Premium lounge better?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76

I frequently lounge hop between MH and CX lounges. One time the CX lounge attendant/manager came to look for me in the lounge to double-check that I was eligible. She seemed quite puzzled that someone on an MH flight would choose the CX lounge. My recollection of CX rubber stamps is that it facilitates easier re-admittance back to the lounge and nothing more. Never had any untoward or strange behavior when entering the MH lounges.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:38 am
Suspended

Thanks for sharing your experience. For a flight with morning departure (9:45am) - traveling in business clas but without any Oneworld status, is the MH business class lounge or the Plaza Premium lounge better?
Both side of MH lounge are better in my opinion. At this time (QR morning flight) I find the MH lounge almost empty.
I find the PP very cold but the I think the food offering is better there. Since you will be in J the food will be better anyway on board so I will go for the MH J or F anytime.
chinhk likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.