Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by a9504477
I know the answer is most likely 'it depends' but i was wondering whether anyone could give some general idea of likelihood of being able to upgrade at the airport using qmiles/credits between LHR and DOH and if for certain flights/times the chances are higher. Also, when upgrading from LHR i suppose we'd get charged the J APD?
Yes, you will need to pay the APD (I think it was Ł75 when I last upgraded at LHR).

However, your chances are not so great anymore, since they now limit airport award upgrades to 2 per flight from LHR.

They will let you pay approx Ł1000 per person to upgrade LHR-DOH at the airport if you miss your chance with qmiles/qcredits...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:54 pm

Can you access the Al Safwa lounge when connecting on QR F to QR J (QSuites) in Doha?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nrdk
Can you access the Al Safwa lounge when connecting on QR F to QR J (QSuites) in Doha?
Not by virtue of the ticket, departing class counts. There are options to pay for access.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by nrdk
Depends on which F flight you are connecting from. If you are connecting from regional F, no. If you are connecting from A380 F then yes provided that i) you were originally booked in F rather than being an upgrade and ii) your connection is less than 8 hours. There are some examples of slight leniency with the 8 hour rule in the past but have never tried this myself so no first hand experience.

As CPH-Flyer states, you may also be able to pay for access in the event you are not eligible for free access.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: QR Gold
For a redemption ticket on business class will I receive Al Mourjan & LHR Business class lounge? Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by flyyme
For a redemption ticket on business class will I receive Al Mourjan & LHR Business class lounge? Thanks
Yes.
flyyme likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: QRPC-Gold
Hello,

There used to be a useful slider to work out how many Qpoints were needed to renew membership levels on the dashboard (date against Qpoints required). Does anyone know if this still exists? I've got 259 Qpoints, it says I need 82 Qpoints to renew Gold, (although when I logged on 'Qpoints Sale' flashed up and said I needed 102), so i'm some what confused with how many Qpoints I need. I have emailed QR but if anyone can point me in the direction of the slider that would be helpful!

Thanks Becky.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
QR832 on Feb.24 is showing A380 on my itinerary and on the website when you search for a new booking, but QRCargo is showing an A340 on the weekly schedule search (though some days around it have slowly changed to an A380, but Feb. 24 has stayed the same). Do you think it will most likely be an A340 or A380?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: QRPC-Gold
I'm on QR832 end of March it's A380 I'm on, however I'm not overly familiar with the route and changes.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
I am flying GYD-DOH-CMB on QR award biz ticket. Arriving in DOH at 2:25PM and departing 8:55AM. Will I be able to get a complimentary airport hotel from QR? Is that still a thing?

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; Feb 17, 2019 at 6:42 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Yes.
Thank you
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
hi all, does anyone knows how to do do a partner redemption? I am trying to use the form to do a LHR - HKG - SIN R/T on CX F & C, I can search for LHR HKG no problem, but how do i add the HKG - SIN sector?

thanks
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
DPS —> DOH Aircraft and sleep

Flying from DPS to DOH May 9th on QR961. The current plane on this route is the 788 but our booking and Seatguru, show the 773. What are the odds it will be the 788 when we fly?

Also, it’s a midnight flight. Will there be a meal service before we sleep?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
Originally Posted by synd
hi all, does anyone knows how to do do a partner redemption? I am trying to use the form to do a LHR - HKG - SIN R/T on CX F & C, I can search for LHR HKG no problem, but how do i add the HKG - SIN sector?

thanks
I guess there is no way to book your trip on QR partner redemption form. You will have to do as 2 separate r/t tickets LHR-HKG , HKG-SIN, if you want to transfer/stopover via HKG...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by bluegatorade
I am flying GYD-DOH-CMB on QR award biz ticket. Arriving in DOH at 2:25PM and departing 8:55AM. Will I be able to get a complimentary airport hotel from QR? Is that still a thing?
Unfortunately not. QR used to offer +Qatar, which allowed the booking of a free stopover hotel provided you had a stopover of over 12 hours in Doha, but unfortunately this free programme ended on 31st January. The hotel would not have been at the airport in any case as the only hotel at the airport in DOH is the air side airport hotel which was not included in the programme (it would have been nearby or in the city of Doha itself but the centre of Doha is not far from DOH anyway). If your reward booking is not a redemption via a partner, I believe you should be eligible for the reduced price hotel via the current QR stopover programme which allows a night in a 4 or 5 star hotel of your choice from $23 - https://www.qatarairways.com/en-lb/o...-stopover.html

Note that QR continues to offer a free hotel via the STPC programme in some situations including transportation to the hotel, but reward tickets are not eligible for this.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Feb 18, 2019 at 4:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.