Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jaimew
I am wondering if 2019 is going to see the same alcohol restrictions at Qatar lounges in Doha.

Last year, I have experienced a complete dry visit to Al Mourjan lounge in May.

Have you already heard any annoucement about that from Qatar Airways representatives?

And what about Qatar lounge in Paris CDG?

Thank you.
You were probably there during a Muslim holiday, during which the lounges at Hamad airport are stripped of alcohol, consistent with religious requirements. That will continue this year, next year, etc. No idea about Paris.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Ramadan 2018 began in the evening of
Wednesday May 16
and ended in the evening of
Thursday June 14

Ramadan 2019 will begin in the evening of
Sunday May 5
and ends in the evening of
Tuesday June 4
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You were probably there during a Muslim holiday, during which the lounges at Hamad airport are stripped of alcohol, consistent with religious requirements. That will continue this year, next year, etc. No idea about Paris.
Paris, & other QR outstation lounges, will follow local rules. For example, the QR LHR lounge served alcohol throughout Ramadan in 2018, but there were no bottles on display (similar to onboard).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:13 pm

Sitting in the KLM lounge in ORD waiting to board QR726. The plane just taxied under it's own power away from the gate and to somewhere that I can't see. Anyone seen that before? The plane has been here since 130 today, odd they would start working on a mechanical issue now.

How does QR handle delays? They've posted it as 35 minutes so far but with the plane leaving the gate, I'm thinking it's going to be quite a bit longer.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
If i register for one of the various offers (eg. double Qmiles) will this offer only apply to my own flights or also to those of the members in my QR family account?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by a9504477
If i register for one of the various offers (eg. double Qmiles) will this offer only apply to my own flights or also to those of the members in my QR family account?
Not sure. But I don’t think family earns Qpoints. Also not sure why anyone would partake in the family program.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

Not sure. But I don’t think family earns Qpoints. Also not sure why anyone would partake in the family program.
Family don't earn Qpoints, but i was asking about Qmiles.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Family don't earn Qpoints, but i was asking about Qmiles.
Unfortunately these offers don’t give you any bonus Qmiles for family members.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:10 am

Not directly. But while you rack up your personal double points/miles from the promotion, you increase your tier level faster, and thus, if you were say burgundy, you only getting 25% miles per family member, where silver is giving 50% and gold is 100%. So those penny's do accumulate faster.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:57 am

Newbie question. If I fly Finnair in business and opt for earning QR Miles, it says accrual rate is 125%. Is this 125% of the QR miles as per QCalculator? and if yes, why do you earn more QR miles by flying Finnair vs. flying Qatar for the same route?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:29 am
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Hi Gobber, the Qcalculator shows the actual number of Qmiles you will earn in business class for the flight. There is a multiple applied depending on your tier with Privilege Club - you can check this by changing tier using the Membership drop down menu. Qcalculator also shows the Qmiles associated with flights on our partner airlines (e.g. Finnair). Hope that helps...
Traveller999 and Gobber like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Gobber
Newbie question. If I fly Finnair in business and opt for earning QR Miles, it says accrual rate is 125%. Is this 125% of the QR miles as per QCalculator? and if yes, why do you earn more QR miles by flying Finnair vs. flying Qatar for the same route?
It's 125% of the distance. All QR business fares will also earn at least that. Since you are using the Qcalculator, it will actually give you the exact number of miles you will earn which is quite handy.
Gobber likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:07 am

It's 125% of the distance. All QR business fares will also earn at least that. Since you are using the Qcalculator, it will actually give you the exact number of miles you will earn which is quite handy.
Thanks, it is more clear now. I've also noticed, QR tier does change earned miles on QR flights from HEL, but, if I fly AY and credit miles to QR, the QR tier does not change the amount of miles. Is it really so?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Gobber
Thanks, it is more clear now. I've also noticed, QR tier does change earned miles on QR flights from HEL, but, if I fly AY and credit miles to QR, the QR tier does not change the amount of miles. Is it really so?
Yes, with higher QR status you will earn more miles, but only on QR flights.
Gobber likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:03 am

I know the answer is most likely 'it depends' but i was wondering whether anyone could give some general idea of likelihood of being able to upgrade at the airport using qmiles/credits between LHR and DOH and if for certain flights/times the chances are higher. Also, when upgrading from LHR i suppose we'd get charged the J APD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.