Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by shimps1
FYI rate for the shortest available time frame reservation, double occupancy lowest level room in the Transit Hotel is 1000 QAR, roughly $273 right now.
Pretty close to StR and W.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4

Yes but you’ll probably have to write to QRPC to ask them to retroactively extend your Platinum status.
OK, thanks.

If I could find some cheap-arse Qatar flight this weekend somewhere to some destination I've always wanted to visit, I might just take it, but I'm not finding anything, so we'll probably have to go the email-begging route, as per your suggestion.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:54 pm

During the city tour, is there a recommended dress code? I will be traveling with my blonde wife, so I assume she will stand out a bit. I'm a larger obviously American looking guy, so should I wear anything particular?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:16 pm

During the city tour, is there a recommended dress code? I will be traveling with my blonde wife, so I assume she will stand out a bit. I'm a larger obviously American looking guy, so should I wear anything particular?
When I did the tour I was wearing everything but a suit jacket but I saw people in jeans/collared shirts.

Showing respect with politeness is all I can recommend ( as always ).
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
No sleeveless tops, and no shorts above the knees, and nothing that shows cleavage, but otherwise should be fine,
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:53 am

Will I get Miles and Points for a Lufthansa Business Class Flight (Z) from Düsseldorf to München on a Qatar Airways Ticket? I can't enter this flight in the QCalculator to see how many Points and Miles I would get.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Kölner
Will I get Miles and Points for a Lufthansa Business Class Flight (Z) from Düsseldorf to München on a Qatar Airways Ticket? I can't enter this flight in the QCalculator to see how many Points and Miles I would get.
If it has a Lufthansa flight number, no (don't know if there even is a codeshare, but can't imagine) you would need to find a Star Alliance program to credit to.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: QR,VS
SuperBowl LIII at DOH?

It turns out I'm going to be in Doha Hamad at the same time a certain NFL game is set to air! Does anyone have experience with where (if at all possible) to watch US sports airside, potentially in the QR Al Mourjan lounge?

Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dusanb
It turns out I'm going to be in Doha Hamad at the same time a certain NFL game is set to air! Does anyone have experience with where (if at all possible) to watch US sports airside, potentially in the QR Al Mourjan lounge?
For World Cup last year, QR set up a viewing area with a giant screen a bit behind and to the left of the bear. No idea how they feel about U.S. sporting events.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dusanb

Thanks in advance...
There are TVs in the quiet area booth, just need head phones and don't get too excited about the developments of the game so as to wake everyone else up. But could work....
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:19 am

Question BOS to HAN vs YUL to HAN

My husband and I live in VT. We are flying to Vietnam for our son's wedding. We are elderly so trying to make wise travel decisions and Qatar seems the best option. Similar time for us to either BOS or YUL. The one stop option from YUL seems to have better arrival times and a 10 plus hour stopover that would let us book into the ORYX at DOH for the night. This might help us as we have to be ready for engagement and marriage ceremonies within a day of our arrival. This is our 49th year of marriage and would like to see our 50th so don't want this trip to do us in.
I don't think we would have problems crossing in and out of Canada to fly but not sure if there is wisdom and experience in the community that might be helpful. We are US passport holders with Global entry.
Thank you for any help and also for starting this thread. I am fearful of posting in the wrong place so this sounded like a free pass
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From a service perspective it will not matter whether you fly from the one or the other airport. Go for the timing you find more optimal for your travel planning, and travel preferences.

The chance to sleep in the airport is a good point, but just remember that a 10 hour stop over probably only gives 6 to 7 hours of sleep. You need to get too and from the Oryx Hotel, transit security as well, be at the gate in time for boarding, and probably a shower before and after sleeping, and maybe a bite of food and something to drink on the way.

Personally, I would prefer the quicker connection and get some solid sleep after arriving. But we all have different priorities.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Flying into JFK on AS, connecting to QR to Doha. Same ticket/PNR. AS can’t print QR BP, QR doesn’t allow me to check in online (document check).

When I arrive at JFK T7, can I just wait for the QR gate agent to show up, or do I have to head out to the checkin counter and deal with security again?

Also, presumably I won’t have access to the BA lounge (flying business class) until I actually have a boarding pass? How far before departure do QR gate agents show up?

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Flying into JFK on AS, connecting to QR to Doha. Same ticket/PNR. AS can’t print QR BP, QR doesn’t allow me to check in online (document check).

When I arrive at JFK T7, can I just wait for the QR gate agent to show up, or do I have to head out to the checkin counter and deal with security again?

Also, presumably I won’t have access to the BA lounge (flying business class) until I actually have a boarding pass? How far before departure do QR gate agents show up?

Thanks!
Did QR move out of T8? Clearly I've been away for too long
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by scnzzz
Did QR move out of T8? Clearly I've been away for too long
The later flight (QR701/2) still operates out of T8 near where American Airlines flights are located. The QR morning flight (QR703/4) arrives and departs from Terminal 7. For arrivals on QR which connection onward this doesn't really matter as everyone has to clear customs and then go back through TSA security screening again.

The idea is that for those arriving to JFK on domestic flights (AA/Oneworld) and continuing onward to Doha will not have to change terminals and re-check at security. It's really a non-issue though since the QR703/4 leaves at 10AM which is early enough to miss most of the arriving domestic flights that would want to connect to QR704 anyway.

So in other words, QR703/4 was really more intended to be flight where NYC is the initial origin or final destination and QR701/2 is intended more for connections.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.