Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Gobber
What is the best way to spend QMiles for class upgrades on, for example, CX routes? Do I have to book CX flight /upgrade using QR site, or I try to upgrade with Qmiles directly on CX site, or I need to transfer/convert QMiles into CX Marco Polo first?
The question goes to other OneWorld partner upgrades using Qmiles. I did tried to search, but it is a bit confusing, plus may be there are more efficient ways?
You can only upgrade QR flights (QR number and QR operated flight) sold on QR tickets (eticket number starting with 157) with Qmiles but you can use Qmiles to get CX award tickets.
I’m afraid there’s no option to convert Qmiles into CX Marco Polo miles.
Gobber likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I have my first Business Class flight on QR coming up next week but it was booked on an AY ticket. Can I select seats before check in on the QR sector?

I tried using the QR Manage My Booking but it wouldn't let me.

Grateful for advice. Apologies if this has come up before - I did a search on FT but couldn't find anything.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CoweyB
I have my first Business Class flight on QR coming up next week but it was booked on an AY ticket. Can I select seats before check in on the QR sector?

I tried using the QR Manage My Booking but it wouldn't let me.

Grateful for advice. Apologies if this has come up before - I did a search on FT but couldn't find anything.
What happens when you try to select a seat? Are there any seats available to select?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by plunet
What happens when you try to select a seat? Are there any seats available to select?
Doh! I entered the wrong PNR...

Now sorted and seats selected for QR and also UL flights which was a bonus.
plunet likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: Qatar, United
Complete newbie question. If I have a current economy ticket and want to upgrade, is it usually cheaper to call Qatar or do it at Doha? This is for a Doha to JFK flight.

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Slides2019
Complete newbie question. If I have a current economy ticket and want to upgrade, is it usually cheaper to call Qatar or do it at Doha? This is for a Doha to JFK flight.

Thanks
do it online on QR web-site.

and for tips:
Look here
Slides2019 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Qatar, United
Originally Posted by Gobber
do it online on QR web-site.

and for tips:
When I check online it just says I don't have enough points to upgrade with no option of paying. Do I just wait for their promo email and hope I get it?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:50 pm

What time does QR counter open at IAD for QR708 (1835 PM)

I have searched the IAD website, the QR website, and FT prior to asking this question. QR708, IAD->DOH, scheduled to depart at 1835 each day. What time do the counters open? Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lamphs
I have searched the IAD website, the QR website, and FT prior to asking this question. QR708, IAD->DOH, scheduled to depart at 1835 each day. What time do the counters open? Thanks!
I believe that the rule is three hours before scheduled departure; but I flew this flight a couple of weeks ago, and the checkin counters were open when I got to them, around 1430. And that was with a previously announced four hour delay, too, due to a six hour delay in the aircraft leaving DOH.
lamphs likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:23 am

I have some Malaysia flights from three weeks ago that have not been credited - they should be enough to put me over the top for PC platinum renewal. If they are not credited until after my platinum level expires, will I still (I guess retroactively) get the platinum renewal?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:29 am

I have ORD>DOH>SEZ and the return coming up in early February. I am traveling with my wife and we have the double bed Qsuite pair booked on the outbound, but on the return we are thinking we will maybe switch to the window seats. What is the opinions on the Qsuites? We both like the double bed idea, but we also enjoy looking out the window.

What should we expect when flying QR? It will be our first flights on the airline. If we need something, should we use the call button, or are the FA's around often enough we should just wait for them to walk by?

We have a 10 hr layover in Doha on the way there, and the same on the return. Is the hotel room in Doha available to us? My research says no since we are on award flights. We have planned for the City tour on the way there, and we do have a room reserved in the transit hotel on the way back, in case a free one isn't available.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:19 pm

Could I ask for some tips from the regulars on the QR forum, please?

I’m arriving in Doha next Thursday at 00:15 on my first QR flight from CMB before leaving at 08:30 on a QR flight to HEL.

I’m in biz class so I can avail of the Al Mourjan Lounge although I was thinking of booking the transit hotel but it is very expensive at £288 but because the ticket is an AY one, I don’t think I am entitled to a free hotel.

Is the lounge bearable for a night layover or is it just better to go to a nearby hotel (if so any suggestions?)

Many thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Is the lounge bearable for a night layover or is it just better to go to a nearby hotel (if so any suggestions?)
I have this same layover all the time on BKK-DOH-BOS, roughly midnight to 0830. As you weigh your decision, remember that you don't actually have the scheduled 8:15 in the hotel. Without going through all of the details, deplaning to curbside will take at least 15 minutes, but more likely as much as 30. Then wait for ground transportation and drive to the hotel, 30 more minutes? Check-in at hotel, go up to your room, another, say, 10 minutes? Clothes off, bedtime ablutions, another 10-15 minutes. In the morning, get up, shower, dress, walk downstairs, ride to airport. An hour. And you need to be back at the airport, say, at least two hours prior to departure, leaving time for check-in, security, walk to gate, etc. So you're really down to under four hours in bed. IMO not worth it.

If your budget allows (mine does not), the airside airport hotel is a great option; but it's pricey. Just look for a nice lounger chair in Al Mourjan and take a snooze. That gives you time to get up, shower, even have some breakfast in the lounge. At least, that's how I always do it.
CoweyB and Slides2019 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by rberk
I have some Malaysia flights from three weeks ago that have not been credited - they should be enough to put me over the top for PC platinum renewal. If they are not credited until after my platinum level expires, will I still (I guess retroactively) get the platinum renewal?
Yes but you’ll probably have to write to QRPC to ask them to retroactively extend your Platinum status.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:53 pm

FYI rate for the shortest available time frame reservation, double occupancy lowest level room in the Transit Hotel is 1000 QAR, roughly $273 right now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.