Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by abc193
Does anyone have experience of QR allowing family members to visit J during a flight if they're booked in Y?

For context, my family may be on the same connecting flight from DOH and my younger sibling (9 years old) has never flown in J before. The flight is currently a Q-Suite (fingers crossed it stays that way!) so I would expect minimal disturbance to other passengers. I would love to give her some experience of the hard product although not sure if that's frowned upon on QR.

Many thanks in advance.
While I have not tried myself, I have observed someone asking, being declined then trying anyway and the cabin crew not being very patient about it. So for sure on this flight the answer was a clear no.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
While I have not tried myself, I have observed someone asking, being declined then trying anyway and the cabin crew not being very patient about it. So for sure on this flight the answer was a clear no.
Thanks appreciate the response. I will naturally ask cabin crew beforehand and respect their answer. Just want to avoid getting any hopes up if it's a definite no across all flights.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
It creates all sorts of problems. Cabin crew then has to kick the visitor out at mealtimes. And how to enforce that the visitor doesn't start "tasting" the food and end up eating enough for a meal. Also, QR, as much as or more than other airlines, tries hard to treat its F passengers very well. Part of that is keeping the cabin from becoming crowded and maintaining the open, calm and quiet feeling that it has. Count me as one who doesn't believe that visitors should be able to visit "up" cabins. But the person in F can always visit others in Y and J, passengers in J can always visit others in Y.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It creates all sorts of problems. Cabin crew then has to kick the visitor out at mealtimes. And how to enforce that the visitor doesn't start "tasting" the food and end up eating enough for a meal. Also, QR, as much as or more than other airlines, tries hard to treat its F passengers very well. Part of that is keeping the cabin from becoming crowded and maintaining the open, calm and quiet feeling that it has. Count me as one who doesn't believe that visitors should be able to visit "up" cabins. But the person in F can always visit others in Y and J, passengers in J can always visit others in Y.
Cheers for the honest response - I was definitely planning on visiting in Y as well and would try to avoid any issues around tasting/experiencing the soft product available in J by inviting her after I'd eaten etc.. Ideally I'd love to bring her up for 10 minutes or so, although I do fully appreciate that from the perspective of other passengers this goes against the premium product & associated exclusivity on offer.

Thinking of a Plan B, I will probably just guest her into the J lounge (non Al Mourjan) at DOH instead to avoid any embarrassment on the plane.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by abc193
Thinking of a Plan B, I will probably just guest her into the J lounge (non Al Mourjan) at DOH instead to avoid any embarrassment on the plane.
And I applaud you for your respect and consideration for the other passengers.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Have they stopped pre select dining? Last week it was available but kept coming up as an error. I searched today and it is not on any of my flights that originate in Doha. Both are less than 14 days away.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: qr
Probably another QR It failure- was available last week before I travelled though the the options were more or less the same as what was served anyway on board - seen nothing to say its being stopped but then again nothing was ever communicated about the q miles debacle
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
I am PC Platinum, which makes me OW Emerald. I would like you to use the benefits of OW Emerald on BA/Finnair, etc. but without crediting the flights to PC. Is it even possible?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Estratos
I am PC Platinum, which makes me OW Emerald. I would like you to use the benefits of OW Emerald on BA/Finnair, etc. but without crediting the flights to PC. Is it even possible?
You need to find a booking or check-in agent that understands the difference between FQTV and FQTS

FQTV - FFP to be used to credit value
FQTS - FFP to be used to determine status

YMMV (pun intended)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Estratos
It depends on what benefits you want to use. If it is e.g. the seat selection on BA, you will need to register your PC club number, and they will enter it for the accrual as well. BA lounge agents tend to shift the accruing program to the one you use to enter the lounge. So you have to monitor carefully and potentially get them to update the number at the gate.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
QR tier progression

On the 'new' QR website does anyone know where I can see my membership tier progression? On the old website it used to be within the dashboard, but now I can't find it. It used to tell you how many Qmiles I still needed to move to the next tier and if I've made the qualifying number of flights on QR metal, etc. Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: qr
Not sure where it is on new website have not tried but the IOS App shows the info once you log in under the mini dashboard on the front page after you logged in
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Have they stopped pre select dining? Last week it was available but kept coming up as an error. I searched today and it is not on any of my flights that originate in Doha. Both are less than 14 days away.
Same for my next weeks flight...no possibility to choose....
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just checked in for my flight and it says the hand baggage allowance for J class passengers is 7kg ��. Is this enforced as was planning to do HBO ?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Just checked in for my flight and it says the hand baggage allowance for J class passengers is 7kg ��. Is this enforced as was planning to do HBO ?
I've never had an issue with a 20-22" rollaboard (well over 7kg) plus a laptop bag/backpack. I've seen pax board widebodies with 3+ large carryons apiece (think rollaboard, duffel and big shopping bags), and CC has gone out of their way to help the pax find storage for their obviously excessive carryons.

You should be fine unless you need a forklift to get your bag into the overhead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.