Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: QR Gold
Hi Guys!

Im going to fly to Porto, Portugal from Doha. First, Im flying QR to Barcelona then Tap Air POrtugal to Porto. Does anyone know if my bags will be arriving straight to Porto, or will I have to pick them up from Barcelona and recheck them again? I only have a 2 hour connection.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by QatarA340
Hi Guys!

Im going to fly to Porto, Portugal from Doha. First, Im flying QR to Barcelona then Tap Air POrtugal to Porto. Does anyone know if my bags will be arriving straight to Porto, or will I have to pick them up from Barcelona and recheck them again? I only have a 2 hour connection.
One or two tickets?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: QR Gold
Hi Guys!

One ticket, booked via QR website.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
One ticket, booked via QR website.
They will go straight to Porto. In the Schengen area customs clearance takes place at the final destination. You will just need to go through passport control in Barcelona.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In the Schengen area customs clearance takes place at the final destination. You will just need to go through passport control in Barcelona.
In my own experience, checked bags clear customs when they are transferred from non Schengen to Schengen (without you needing to picking them and clear custom the same way you have to do in USA) and there’s no custom check at your final destination. Otherwise how would it work if your final destination is a domestic only airport?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4

In my own experience, checked bags clear customs when they are transferred from non Schengen to Schengen (without you needing to picking them and clear custom the same way you have to do in USA) and there’s no custom check at your final destination. Otherwise how would it work if your final destination is a domestic only airport?
You can discuss where and how the check really happens. In practical terms most domestic only airports even have a counter indicating that it is the customs. Officially the statement is that customs clearance is at the final destination..

There are some exceptions, e.g. there are smaller Swedish domestic airports that does not do customs clearance, so you will have to pick up your luggage Arlanda or other non Schengen arrival point
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:52 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
You should be checked all the way through to Porto and do the customs check there. Immigration control will happen at BCN for schengen entry.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
To your the of the podium as you're looking at it, you'll see a set of glass doors. The lockers are through these doors. You'll have to show your boarding pass.
Left or right of ...? Of course looking both ways for a set of glass doors should work as well.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Left or right of ...? Of course looking both ways for a set of glass doors should work as well.
Oops, sorry. To the RIGHT of the podium as you're looking at it.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Oops, sorry. To the RIGHT of the podium as you're looking at it.
Ah, so before you get to the coffee machines and the stairs to the bar. I'll make a mental note. The next time I have a longish layover I'll store my backpack there.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Ah, so before you get to the coffee machines and the stairs to the bar. I'll make a mental note. The next time I have a longish layover I'll store my backpack there.
Correct. You'll see it. Go around the reception desk into the lounge, as soon as you pass through that little sort of gateway immediately behind the reception desk, turn to the right and the podium will be in front of you.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Can anyone clarify what Air Italy flights earn on QR in terms of qpoints and qmiles? I tried the qcalculator but couldn't enter airports (eg MXP to BKK) there.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by a9504477
Can anyone clarify what Air Italy flights earn on QR in terms of qpoints and qmiles? I tried the qcalculator but couldn't enter airports (eg MXP to BKK) there.
I tried the Qcalculator and could not even find Air Italy in the list of partner airlines... Which seems a bit strange...
But if it's not in the Qcalcultor, just expect nothing. For example, some FTers in the past got nothing flying LA in J from SCL to IPC just because QR forgot that it was the only domestic chilean flight on LA with a J class and Qcalculator only showed Y class at that time.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by Matt4
I tried the Qcalculator and could not even find Air Italy in the list of partner airlines... Which seems a bit strange...
But if it's not in the Qcalcultor, just expect nothing. For example, some FTers in the past got nothing flying LA in J from SCL to IPC just because QR forgot that it was the only domestic chilean flight on LA with a J class and Qcalculator only showed Y class at that time.
Given that QR owns half of it i would hope that their flights earn qmiles/points. I assume that it's IG in the qcalculator, but in the new qcalculator i can then neither enter MXP nor BKK. In the old qcalculator i can enter MXP but not BKK.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:30 am

Does anyone have experience of QR allowing family members to visit J during a flight if they're booked in Y?

For context, my family may be on the same connecting flight from DOH and my younger sibling (9 years old) has never flown in J before. The flight is currently a Q-Suite (fingers crossed it stays that way!) so I would expect minimal disturbance to other passengers. I would love to give her some experience of the hard product although not sure if that's frowned upon on QR.

Many thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.